What's new

Which character(s) were you wrong about?

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
I thought Takeda was extremely OP before playing the game and I thought Mileena and Jacqui were top tier when they were revealed. :eek:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I was wrong about thinking I wanted to main anyone but Sub Zero.

I was wrong that Liu Kang sucked.

I was wrong that Takeda was going be OP.

I was wrong that the Raiden nerf didn't really hurt him.

I wasn't wrong about how badly Tremor looked and how he would've been a crap character before he even came out. But, I was wrong saying that Tanya was going to be mid tier at best. She's upper mid-tier after the normalizing.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
For the better: Sub-Zero. I really thought he was going to be phased out as time went on, but from the EU to South America, the Lin Kuei is still proving to be formidable as ever. I don't want him to be the best, I just want him to be relevant and capable.

For the worse: Takeda. I had really high hopes that a whip-based, long-range character would have room and strength with which to flourish, but the mechanics of the game seem to work against him.

If a pro player came out and said Kung Lao was mid tier, everyones opinion would magically shift.
But let one of the regular TYM members like us say it on here, the entire TYM community will gather around and grab pitchforks and start burning stuff up because they can't fathom it. It's really ridiculous how fickle this site is when it comes to a persons' opinion or even factual assumptions.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Ferra Torr, I really wanted them to be good, but they are too complex for this game that rewards simplicity.I recently starting picking up some of the easy mode top tiers and holy shit its a completely different game when playing as them vs Ferra Torr. Why be Ferra Torr and be a huge slow target with no anti airs in a game where everyone else is sprinting max speed and jumping into mix ups that jail? They have simply have to make too many reads and even when making the correct one they get fucked by grab immunity and waste a bar and get punished anyway. They are a slow, defensive, footsie character and that is literally the worse build you could ask for in this game. Playing as Ferra Torr means you are actively choosing a character with weaknesses built into their design and that is the last thing you want to do in this game. MKX is not about using all 3 variations of a character in order to have favorable match ups like NRS made us think, it's simply about picking a single variation without any weaknesses and never having to change your variation for a match up because the character you are playing has no need to (BS Shinnok, Kung Lao, Thunder God Raiden)
- Claims MKX is only about using your strongest variation and ignoring the others, attempts to victimize his main as complex and having no anti-airs

- Refuses to acknowledge one of his variations has an almost entirely safe armored launching DP

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
- Claims MKX is only about using your strongest variation and ignoring the others, attempts to victimize his main as complex and having no anti-airs

- Refuses to acknowledge one of his variations has an almost entirely safe armored launching DP

I feel like Ferra Torr will be the one character that will be left behind in this game. It's kinda sad because he's got interesting AND pretty good tools.

STRYKIE

I feel like Ferra Torr will be the one character that will be left behind in this game. It's kinda sad because he's got interesting AND pretty good tools.
I haven't really seen enough of them to say. But their future sure doesn't look bright with the type of consensus that I just replied to, lol....

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
But let one of the regular TYM members like us say it on here, the entire TYM community will gather around and grab pitchforks and start burning stuff up because they can't fathom it. It's really ridiculous how fickle this site is when it comes to a persons' opinion or even factual assumptions.
Yeah people really need to stop taking everything posted by pros as gospel.

STRYKIE

Grr's Ferra/Torr is nothing to make fun of though. Plays a great Lackey, just doesn't go to majors :(.
Now you mention it actually, yeah, I have seen Grr's Lackey on the NLBC stream, it's a shame he can't travel more.

Wetdoba

All too easy...

I play all three I know what Lackey can do. Torryuken carries Torr forward so its only good as a mid screen anti air not up close. If they are too close or crossing over with their jump the first hit will hit them in the EX version but the second will whiff causing it to not juggle and waste the bar. If you are standing directly next to Torr too, for example on wake up, and do a neutral jump, the EX Torruken will go underneath the opponent in the air and then once Torr goes underneath they punish into full combo with an autocorrecting NJP. So even on wake up jumping will win