What's new

Where Your Name Comes From

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
When I saw the first picture of Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, I got really hype, and read Vengeance of Bane, Knightfall, and Bane of the Demon for the first time. I realized that I didn't know what "bane" meant -I'm hispanic-, so I searched in the dictionary, and I immediately liked the meaning, and thought: wow, this is depressing, and violent, like a degradation of one's self, I LIKE IT. So I came up with this translation to Spanish, which may not be VERY accurate, but it represents what I saw on that name. Desperdicio literally means "waste", it's what everyone wants to be relieved off, what no one desires, what everyone despises and wants to have as far away from him as possible.

I used to be known as Vulcain666 but as I grew older I found the triple six to be kinda childish and meaningless so I figured I would find something cooler as my GT. I hated how everyone had weird names with a million random stupid numbers in it. I wanted something simple that would sound cool and that people could remember.

Vulcan, the god of fire and volcanos. Blacksmith of the gods. "A six-barrel, 20mm U.S. Army antiaircraft gun system mounted on an armored personnel carrier and first deployed in 1968". But also a race in Star Trek that lives by reason and logic, unable to lie. And Hades, god of the Underworld, "the unseen realm to which the souls of the dead go upon leaving the world as well as any and all things beneath the earth.". Why Hades? I'm sure you have some theories but really there's no reason whatsoever other than it sounded cool. I always loved the name and thought I would use another god name from greek mythology since I already used Vulcan. I felt like those two names went well together. I was best possible phonetical fusion. Chromatically these gods also represent my favorite colors: red and purple.

btw I never change my name between platforms. If I beat someone in MKX or Bloodborne I want them to know it's the same guy that beat their ass in SF4, UMK3, MK9, COD and Socom 2. :)

E

Eldriken

Nowhere in particular, really.

I like dragons and figured I'd try and come up with a name suitable for a dragon and this is the end result of that.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I love sloths and have trouble sleeping so I figured that would be something Awkward for a Sloth. See what I did there?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
My name on here/handle/alias:
Youphemism
I'm super dirty-minded and make lots of innuendos....or euphemisms. Being the creative bugger I am I made the old switcheroo with the first couple of letters and got Youphemism

My GT:
xPwnGx PauLY
xPwnGx is a clan I made up when I was younger that noone ever joined
PauLY is pretty much my name but I capitalised the L for swag