What's new

Where are you "from"? (Fightgame you are playing before jumping into MKX)

FIGHTGAME YOU ARE PLAYING NOW

• MK9

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • INJUSTICE

Votes: 27 25.0%
  • USF4

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • KILLERINSTINCT

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • SMASHBROS4

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • DOA5

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • GGXRD

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • IM NOT PLAYING ANY FG NOW

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters

Gamer68

Fujin!
I'm from MK9. It's going to take some time for me to get used to Down, Forward 2 as Sub-Zero's Iceball, and not Down, Forward 3. So simple yet not so simple...

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I liked how you used the word "Adapt" b/c most ppl on this site take that with a grain of salt b/c they dont like using various characters. They just keepd oing teh same shit over and over with their same character. Its when I see ppl in tourneys and win with the same characeters Im like "really? is that all you fucking got?" Im playing BF4 and Destiny at the moment, and im "From" (using term what a gangbanger would say) MK9, BlazeBlue, SF4 etc.

Last edited:

DeadlyPurpose

My mask of sanity is about to slip.
Playing through the story mode of MK9 one last time to refresh my memory and get even more hyped for the 14th. (As if that's possible!) How many Ambien would it take to put me down until next Tuesday at midnight, do you think?

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Well, before I played Injustice the fighting game that I played consistently was Tekken 1 through 4.

That is why my game style is so like a rush down base character.

BRUTALITY

Banned
started seriously with SF4, having loved fighters since a kid. i sucked at sf but can beat any casual, i mean ive played sf in tournament and won games but never left pools - so yeah i suck. went ham with MK9, travelled overseas to play with my buddies @migosan and his brother Marcus (cant find your tag i thought it was @Marcus), made grand final.

played a lot of IGAU tournaments placed top 8 in all but 1, beat some international players along the way with lex luthor.

these days we have a sydney NRS clan with a bunch of great players and hopefully we can lock the scene down together @Gilbagz

BRUTALITY

Banned
If I may ask, who do you plan on maining in MKX?
no plan yet. i can probably fall back on kung lao if another character doesnt suit me. i like characters with good mindgames or safe spammy moves, so im looking at maybe reptile or takeda or something. i like MK a lot so i could end up with any character. played mainly Lao and Noob in MK9

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
My patience and defense definitely improved for playing Tager. Over the last few years I've gotten away from using grapplers but I might mess around with Ferra/Torr for MKX.
I'm not sure if NRS can top Grundy, they've yet to make a truly great grappler. Grundy's Walking Corpse mechanic was the closest they've gotten. Loved canceling that to move around and setup mixups. Ferra Torr reminds me a bit too much of Bayne, which I thought was really clunky.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Not playing any but used to be a big SF player before 4. My SF fundamentals would allow me to jump into almost any FG and be competent even if I hadnt played in a year. MK is a dif animal tho.
My background is here as well, though I hesitate to say "almost any" in the same way due to my lack of interest in anime fighters and their regularly bizarre mechanics. Going to wind up being prey to the same problems. Things that are more universal will give me no trouble, but distinctly "MK" mechanics will undoubtedly hang me out to dry for a while. Looking forward to spending my early days with MKX jobbing to scrub Ermacs.

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
I've played generally most of the popular fighting series:

MK (Always my first love, first fighting series I played)
Tekken
Marvel vs. Capcom
Smash

As of right now though, I've been rotating MK9 and Injustice to prepare myself for MKX.

I'm also a very avid Smasher, but a very average skill Smasher. I do, however, get compliments about how good my Little Mac is, because I main him.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
WOW, how dare you not include the BEST fighting game of all time as a choice. The one and only UMVC3.
lol
:)

I usually just stick with Arcsys games, but I did play quite a bit MK9 on 360 where I did play with some of the competitive players fairly often, but no one probably remembers me as that asshole CSZ/Smoke player lol

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Started in anime fighters like Blazblue, Guilty Gear and Persona, then moved to Injustice.

I play almost all, if not all, fighting games that have/had a competitive scene except for smash Bros(which is a party game but people get it confused).

Usf4,KI,tekken,doa,mk9,injustice,vampire savior, jojo's, sf alpha 3,third strike, puzzle fighter(not really a fighter), skullgirls, KoF, mvc1,xmen:Cota, and more.

I play almost all, if not all, fighting games that have/had a competitive scene except for smash Bros(which is a party game but people get it confused).

Usf4,KI,tekken,doa,mk9,injustice,vampire savior, jojo's, sf alpha 3,third strike, puzzle fighter(not really a fighter), skullgirls, KoF, mvc1,xmen:Cota, and more.
people really need to understand this, that Smash is a party game lol. Nintendo doesn't make competitive titles

JDM

Noob
I'm not really playing any fighter right now actively. I still play UMVC3 and USF4 at local gatherings, but that's about it. Waiting for MKX playing League of Legends and Bloodborne.

people really need to understand this, that Smash is a party game lol. Nintendo doesn't make competitive titles
I constantly have to explain the difference to people lol. Even the creator in a interview said that smash was not made to be a "fighting game" that it wasn't the genre the had made for it. Then he goes on to talk about labeling things and all this other mess lol.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Right now I'm playing DoA Last Round and having a pretty good time with it lol. The biggest problem will be adapting back to a 2d game again. I really enjoy the mobility in 3d games and it seems as though my fundamentals are stronger there. Which community do I come from? The first fighting game I ever played was MK1 as a kid, but I didn't care about understanding fighting games until SSF2THDR was out. I grew tired of being destroyed so I did a lot of research. Then a few months later SFIV was released. I grew tired of that and heard about MK9 and jumped ship.

I'd say my two favorite franchises are MK and SC.

Hello! I've tried many fighting games, the one I play the most by far is the Soul Calibur series. I often frequent 8WayRun (Soul Calibur's equivalent to this site) and have always had a blast playing it! Cannot wait for Mortal Kombat X, and I hope everyone enjoys the game! :)

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
mostly playing injustice after mk9 (2013-2015) but mostly played mk9 months prior to mkx release, just to remaster the mk dynamics, then i played mkx last night and i feel its a combination of igau and mk9, mk9 footsies, dashing and combos like injustice