What's new

When fighting beginners do you hold back or no?

Do you hold back or not when fighting beginners?

• I go at them full bore. Put them out of their misery fast

Votes: 50 47.2%
  • I hold back a little and let them get a few shots in but I make sure I still win

Votes: 51 48.1%
  • I hold back a lot and let them win

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters

orochiDragon

PSN OROCHI-dragon / Archangel-44
If it's a good friend, I body them but tell them y and how. If it's an online random, I just body them:DOGE.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I personally believe its a waste of time. You don't really improve by playing noobs.

Theres nothing more fun than playing at the highest level possible.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
If theyre completely new to fighting games in general, I tend to just end it quick. Especially if they resort to one tactic, or just don't block.

If theyre fairly new but willing to learn, normally I reach out and ask if they'd like tips and pointers. I don't "hold back" though, normally ill abuse one tactic/mixup/set up until they learn to defeat it, and then move on to the next.

If its a little kid and I can hear them on the mic, ill let them win, always. I remember being a kid, playing games online on pc and ps2 and i was always soooo happy when I won, even if it was 1 match outta 100. Always made my day, and I'm sure it'll make theirs.

If its a scrub (someone who claims to know everything about the game, but can't play and complains all the time) I body them, receive the hate and move on.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I abuse tactics like B2 with WW until they learn to block. If it's a kid, I let them win. I like the sound of joy they have when they do.

Other than that, if it's a bad player/sport I go in no mercy.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Hey just in case it was thought to be a joke... It wasn't and I would like to see some of you answer..
What do you do if they are disadvantaged.. Would anyone here even play someone like that?

I usually let them get ahead as much as possible and try to make it hard for me as much as possible but still try to win

if its sm1 I know and still learning then I might play in a very special way that forces him to understand stuff like :

- block when i wake up
- if u just keep blocking i ll throw u
- block low ( i keep using a low starter and drop the combo so i can let him get used to it by getting hit by it a lot )

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Body them.

Tell them what's actually happening, and move from there.
You can tell when someone wants to *really* improve.
If so, the teaching begins (or I direct them to a forum/guide/videos). If not, I keep it movin.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Hey just in case it was thought to be a joke... It wasn't and I would like to see some of you answer..
What do you do if they are disadvantaged.. Would anyone here even play someone like that?
Why not? A player is a player despite any handicap. If I played Broly Legs, I wouldn't hold back. DJT didn't hold back when he babied a blind man lol.

Saint Op Omen

Why not? A player is a player despite any handicap. If I played Broly Legs, I wouldn't hold back. DJT didn't hold back when he babied a blind man lol.
That was hype as fuck... BTW..
Cool I never say much about it if they get all "fuck u noob" and shit it sucks.. But when I ask people to play with me I just get the "waste of time" excuse..

Saint Op Omen

That sucks, even if I'm not getting anything out of it, if someone wants to play me I play them.
Yeah I can honestly say I have never come across anyone here who did that...
I would love to be able to at least help someone out a little... But even if I'm getting bodied I love to see swag shit from great players and be some part of it... The hard part is k owing and not being able to do..

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Yeah I can honestly say I have never come across anyone here who did that...
I would love to be able to at least help someone out a little... But even if I'm getting bodied I love to see swag shit from great players and be some part of it... The hard part is k owing and not being able to do..
Just add me on PS4 and we can play whenever when MKX comes out.

9_Lives

Noob
I find the other player is more likely to practice and come back more skilled if I beat the crap outta them. As a mediocre player, I prefer when the really skilled ones pummel the bajesus out of me. I learn a lot more about the game and see where my bar can be. It's also fun to kind of showcase a lot of characters to the more casual players. Sometimes it builds interest and by extension brings in more players to practice with. On the other hand, I've frustrated some people picking up the controller for the first time to not pick up the controller a second time, but I just say meh to that. I'd rather have one eager training partner than ten scrubs who have no interest in improving in the game.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
I just go in. Im the kinda player that can get mashed to death even with my try-hard pants on, so no........

Ojpaxton

Noob
lol at these online hollywoods, waste of time really? stfu... you can face someone not that good a couple of times without your"awesome skills" diminishing. most people who are trying to get into the game want that, i was lucky enough to get my ass beat so much that i got decent enough to hold my own. not saying you have to.. but it helps the FGC grow.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Reading every ones replies I can't help but think...man you guys just want people to think you are dicks. And almost take pride in destroying a brand new player who is trying the game out for the first time. Instead of maybe saying here is some of there special moves. Or this attack is unsafe. Or just simply trying to help them out.

Also playing a new player obviously doesn't help you out. They are new and don't know even the basic commands yet. Who you are helping is the new player get better. You are growing the so called fighting community of your selected game by playing them and helping them out. Sure they may suck now, but for all you know they could actually enjoy what they played, come back after training, and be the ones to body you in the end, and now you've gotta up your game.

Sure you can get your combo practice in, but making that the entire thing isn't fun for any new player. Chill out, take a hit or two, tell them why a special move is good. Tell them a combo string. The only time I'd say body them is if they are being a complete dick. Talking trash, saying all you do is spam, or turtle and run away. That type of stuff. But other wise, I'd rather players want to be interested in playing again. If they ask you to come at them as hard as you can that's a different story. lol

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I'm not a great player by any stretch, but I try to help every single terrible player out there if they want to get better. I've sent tons of people trying to learn injustice or mk to TYM. The more people passionate about the game, the better it is for the kommunity, and NRS.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I go at them full throttle, not because they're beginners, but because that's how I always play. No disrespect to them, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I go random select and hope I get someone I don't know how to use.

It's the only way they stand a chance. lmao

But, if I see someone using sub and doing something one way... I like to message them and try to help them level up their sub.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
When it comes to game(s) I can do something in, I often find myself holding back, as in: using controller I don't have and never practised with and/or using character I'm not too familiar with.

The latter is a pride thing too though, I feel I can't allow my main to go down due to myself not being able to pull off basic stuff with him :p

That is offline with friends who, as I know for sure, don't play that much ofc.