What's new

Whats your playstyle with Kung Lao?

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I've been trying to walk backwards more and punish mistakes and play a more defensive Lao. It's working alright so far, but I wish I could play rush down at the speed of Forever King. I'm not sure if my playstyle is a good fit with Lao, but he's a lot of fun so I don't want to give up just yet.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Turtle-oriented footsie. Low hats and dive kick when someone jumps.Get's too close for comfort? Rush down into turtling again if I have the life lead.

Key: AA spins , smart teleports , smart dive-kicks

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I don't play him, but my brother Hector plays Kung Lao like if it's the end of the world.
Okay.....That had nothing to do with the topic at hand...

I like to play a rushdown Kung Lao, its something i earned when i played Liu Kang alot. Blockstrings are my greatest asset, and ending combos with teleports or f3 to continue pressure. Lots of grabs too. I basically keep in your face the entire game and throw blockstrings at you until i get a hit confirm.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
When I do use him...pretty much a shit-ton of footsies and poking, and abusing low hat to make you jump. :)

chip the opponent out, imo its all about meter. usually I can almost have 2 xray bars a round. after chipping the opponent to a certain extent I use the x ray to finish it. and also I sometimes dont even break, because I know when I use my xray I can land 30% on my opponent guaranteed and either take another 20% or take away 2 bars of their meter. I actually teleport a lot more than since I started with lao, if they block the teleport 3 I either spin them if they pressure me or I use d3. the teleport is a lot of frmes faster actually if you jump up high and teleport. I dont throw projectiles at all, unless its d4 low hat. if you use 24 overhead it leaves you at the right distant to whiff a dive kick and get right into their face again, the options I use are either cross them up, d4 low hat, 21, 1121 pressure, or 24 overhead again. also I seem to have a very minimum use of naked f3's

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Establish ground dominance, make them respect spin, chip chip chip. He is mostly all footsies now which is not a bad thing at all.

Lao has great range with his F2 F3 and B1. Whiff dk lets him get in whenever he wants and tele port blows up zoning for 48% with meter. You gotta make the opponent feel like they have to jump which they obviously cant on lao.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Establish ground dominance, make them respect spin, chip chip chip. He is mostly all footsies now which is not a bad thing at all.

Lao has great range with his F2 F3 and B1. Whiff dk lets him get in whenever he wants and tele port blows up zoning for 48% with meter. You gotta make the opponent feel like they have to jump which they obviously cant on lao.
We played a while ago (my old account :roelant_jkd) and you did this to me constantly....made me wanna pick up KL after I asked you about comparisons b/w KL and my main back then (LK)....I got bodied but I learned a ton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Okay.....That had nothing to do with the topic at hand...

I like to play a rushdown Kung Lao, its something i earned when i played Liu Kang alot. Blockstrings are my greatest asset, and ending combos with teleports or f3 to continue pressure. Lots of grabs too. I basically keep in your face the entire game and throw blockstrings at you until i get a hit confirm.
You can finish a combo with F3 spin(second one) and then En tele to not drop damage. I have one very stupid question about the 21212 string. How in hell can i finish that string with the f2 overhead so it chains? Do i have to input 2121f2 or................Any help? Please!

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
You can finish a combo with F3 spin(second one) and then En tele to not drop damage. I have one very stupid question about the 21212 string. How in hell can i finish that string with the f2 overhead so it chains? Do i have to input 2121f2 or................Any help? Please!
K, first of all, i made a whole thread dedicated to the f3 ex tele concept right here lol. Dont have to tell me twice ;)

http://testyourmight.com/threads/f3-into-ex-tele.14484/

Second, i find that 212121 inputs the high and adding an extra 21 inputs the overhead. So it would be 21212121. Other people say that you need to use 212121 2+1, honestly i dont know. Experiment around with it, find out what works best for you and assume thats what you gotta do lol.

K, first of all, i made a whole thread dedicated to the f3 ex tele concept right here lol. Dont have to tell me twice ;)

Second, i find that 212121 inputs the high and adding an extra 21 inputs the overhead. So it would be 21212121. Other people say that you need to use 212121 2+1, honestly i dont know. Experiment around with it, find out what works best for you and assume thats what you gotta do lol.
it is an extra 21, he wouldnt have been able to pull off the overhead move at all is it was really 1+2, let alone getting it inconsistent.
But seriously you dont want to risk a whole combo punish by doing that overhead so this discussion really is pointless.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!

Thanks for the help. I will go and do some testing. About the F3 en tele......what i ment is that it is the same effect if you add a second spin before en tele. I have followed your thread about the F3 and i have using that with the extra spin probbably from the time the game came out.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
When I play Kung Lao, I go retard rushdown...

jump ins, dive kicks, and teleports.

Teleport punished? Teleport again! (most likely enhanced lol)

other than that

112 D4 low hat
112 spin
D3 D3 throw
24 low hat
F3 spin

lmao

swag1

EX smash solves all
D+3 is +10 on hit. I abuse that, 2, 4 string, Low Hats, EX Teleports, whiffed dive kicks. Oh yeah and that EX Hat Throw is fun too