What's new

What's the best way to use kitana online?

Havik

Noob
I want to move up in the tier list and I am picking kitana as my next ko-main mostly because she is 6-4 on kung lao . I am too lazy to learn yet another character. Kould you tell me what you know about her in a competitive way, like mixups, counters in specific scenarios, and online kombos. Thank yous. I'll be realy grateful with anything you tell me

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Online, you should spam the shit out of her d,f2. Might as well be a block infinite in the face of any sort of lag.

I've found that her BnB combos work pretty much exactly the same online as they do offline. I actually find that's true of most characters that don't have extremely strict execution requirements on their combos.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I want to move up in the tier list and I am picking kitana as my next ko-main mostly because she is 6-4 on kung lao . I am too lazy to learn yet another character. Kould you tell me what you know about her in a competitive way, like mixups, counters in specific scenarios, and online kombos. Thank yous. I'll be realy grateful with anything you tell me
d1 is your best friend. And like Vilén said, cutter is pretty damn good online like how KL low hat is OP online.

As was mentioned earlier, I find that her normal bnbs all work well online except in the worst lag conditions. If it's really bad, for instance, midscreen I'll use f21, b2 AF or f41 fan lift combos instead of f21, njp, 4~fan etc..

oh, and I abuse the shit out of d1 / d1~cutter

Havik

Noob
ok so does d1 combo into anything, any mixups, can I use fan lift as an AA? any armor in her moves?

ok so does d1 combo into anything, any mixups, can I use fan lift as an AA? any armor in her moves?
D1 into df2... if it hits you get a safe jump

Best AA in the game is a fan from kitana. Ask anyone would they rather jump into a Kung Lao spin or a fan from Kitty

Havik

Noob

Best AA in the game is a fan from kitana. Ask anyone would they rather jump into a Kung Lao spin or a fan from Kitty
okay any armor, in her rush down? mixups between low and overhead

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Use her air fans to bait things, its sick for baiting the spin because it moves her backwards while she throws it and u get a free combo :D

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
any combo you feel like doing, its a missed spin. Means you have about a decade to decide how you're gonna hurt him

Geochron

Noob
d1 doesn't actually combo into df2 against a standing opponent (it does in a juggle). I thought it did at first, but the cutter itself does 2 hits. d1 followed immediately by df2 does often hit though - especially online, against someone who doesn't realize that you can only block during a stagger state. Then you can just repeat it over and over. It's really annoying. :D

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter

Ok... please help a noob out. which fan is good aa close up? What do you follow it with?

lobo

woof.
i had to read this thread three times just to make sure it was real. CY, if you want lag tactics, play mileena or stryker or someone with slow as balls mixups that become 50/50s online.

why are you asking for ermac tips in the kitana forum?

yes you can use lift and EN lift as AA.

are you seriously asking for low/overhead mixups? are you even remotely interested in actually learning kitana or just trying to spam online with her?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
think he was asking for tips against Ermac with Kitana, I have a little trouble with that matchup, but once you learn to bait the lift on wake up and force him to try teleport you, it's all gravy, Unless he's Krebs, then he destroys me.

Ermac vs Kitana is a matchup I play alot as Kitana, I think it's pretty even. Just dont be stupid with force lift or you'll eat 30+% from f21.

Sorry to kind of steal this thread, felt it was an appropriate place to ask this though;

I seem to always whiff the NJP when I play online, and if I do get it I can never catch with the 4~fan after to finish the kombo ( I always seem to get f41 ). So it takes it from 40+% to about 23%.

Is it worth practicing the NJP and the 4~fan into the rest of her f21 combo, or should I simply dumb down the combo just to hit with it more often? I've been trying to hit it for days now and just can't seem to connect the NJP enough. I can't tell if it's just because I need to get used to the lag, or simply that the circumstances make it just too hard to connect with a high percent.

Sorry to kind of steal this thread, felt it was an appropriate place to ask this though;

I seem to always whiff the NJP when I play online, and if I do get it I can never catch with the 4~fan after to finish the kombo ( I always seem to get f41 ). So it takes it from 40+% to about 23%.

Is it worth practicing the NJP and the 4~fan into the rest of her f21 combo, or should I simply dumb down the combo just to hit with it more often? I've been trying to hit it for days now and just can't seem to connect the NJP enough. I can't tell if it's just because I need to get used to the lag, or simply that the circumstances make it just too hard to connect with a high percent.
I had trouble with this in my early Kitanarama days too. I read Konqrr's post about keyboarding both punch buttons to help do the NJP. After the launch, hit up and hit 1 and 2 in rapid succession with the same thumb.

After the NJP, you dont even need to dash to land the 4, Fan. Dont dash and you can still connect it, this should solve all problems with accidental F4s.

I learned how to do it all consistently and I found it worth the trouble.

I'll try the idea of pressing 1/2 in succession, might take a bit getting used to though. Although it usually isn't so much the NJP doesn't come out, it's that I'm too high ( or they have fallen too low already ) and it just misses. Maybe it's the problem that I'm simply not jumpiing fast enough after connecting with the f21? Should I start inputting the up command as soon as I see that the 1 has hit and just continusualy tap up until she jumps?

I try not to press a button more than needed, if possible. That way I don't accidently do a command I don't want to do.

I didn't even think of not dashing after the initial NJP, since that's how I do it offline. That should make connecting with the 4~fan easier. I will need to dash to connect with 4~lift though. Should I simply skip the 4 and just EN Lift or maybe 'ff lift'?

My internet has been pretty bad the past few days, or I'd go test myself. I assume someone has already figured it out though. Thanks in advance.

Trust me, it took a bit of getting used to for me as well hitting 2 buttons in succession, but it really worked out for me in the end. I think what I'm usually doing after the launch is just holding up to get Kitty to jump ASAP, then mashing both punch buttons in rapid succession.

Idk how you do it, but ofr almost every fighting game I play, I have to mash the same button 50 times just to make sure it comes out. I'll press tons of extra buttons if I need to lol.

Yeah after the bounce, 4, fan does not require a dash. The 4, lift will though. I tend to use 2, lift instead for the sake of it being much easier to time, having much more reach, and not even sacrificing a whole lot of damage (2%). I do not recommend using EX lift for the sake of a bnb combo. Meter is too precious.

This is all my experience from online as well, so yeah, it can work.