What's new

What would have happened if Stryker or Jade had won EVO 2013?

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Seeing as Stryker and jade are top tier anyway this wouldn't come as much
Of a surprise to me at all.its a shame noone
Ever bothered to actually learn how to play mk9.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I don't follow the SC closely so maybe someone else could be more accurate but this basically happened in Soulcalibur V at EVO 2012. Tira was mostly considered low tier and Shining Decopon came out of no where and won the whole thing.
Yes, but most agreed that putting her at low tier was an overreaction to her nerfs, which turned out to be justified.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
New tech could be discovered if everybody didn't flock to the same characters.

^^^ This.

Most people gave up on the low/mid-tier because they didn't feel it was worth the effort compared to the Top 5.

There's no such thing as a useless character in Mortal Kombat...except Kano, offline.

I'm sorry, but the moment Kano runs into Kabal or Kenshi, he's dead where he stands.
At least Sheeva has Tele-Stomp mindgames and EX Grab to work with.

Mileena won 3 or 4 majors, placed Top 8 in even more, and she's still regarded as Top 15 at best by most.
GGA Dizzy beat FOREVER KING in one of the hypest finals ever in arguably Cage's #1 worst match-up.

Numbers and past assumptions mean nothing if you know what to do.
The player will always be a more important factor than his character.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
people would say "Stryker/Jade is top tier, ban him/her", people would discover new tech and and m2dave would say "i already knew it" like what he said in Zod thread.

is anyone else? i'll go, but if noone else is, then there'll be noone to play, lol
Well that's the thing. It's like you guys never make your hometown tournaments. The first time I came down, ya'll had a good showing and there was good competition there. But any other time there be nobody. I would expect that where I live because no one here plays NRS games. If I come down next month and there is hardly anybody there, Im gonna just leave.

Well that's the thing. It's like you guys never make your hometown tournaments. The first time I came down, ya'll had a good showing and there was good competition there. But any other time there be nobody. I would expect that where I live because no one here plays NRS games. If I come down next month and there is hardly anybody there, Im gonna just leave.
you know that's not me though. when's the last time you didnt see me at a dfw local. i'm literally delaying moving to san antonio by a week in order to attend UCC, so ...