What's new

What tv do you play on?

btbb99

Noob
What tv do you guys use to play MK on? Widescreen or Tube? How many inches and what is the make? And if your a tube tv guy do you play on tube only and will not play on widescreen because of the slight delay it can have? just curious

I play on a 40 inch Samsung Lcd, i been playing on it for over 2 years and it's perfect for me, i stretch the screen out to get the full 40 inches, i could play on tube it doesn't really matter to me

Tim Static

Adminerator
for fighters, i now have 2 of these (for tourneys and home use): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059

Those are probably the best monitors you can get for fighting games as they have the lowest input delay you can find, and are the official monitors at Evo.

Only thing that sucks about them is they need speakers. They have build in, but they are sooooo quiet.

Still, worth every penny and i highly recommend them!

For everything else, games and movies i have a 46" Insignia LED.

Lol awesome lars.

I use a 42" panasonic viera plasma. Had it about a year now, really good tv. Amazing picture quality for the price band.

wazz

Noob
Play my ps3, watch tv series on this tv (I think this tv is 26 inch)

14 Inch tv for the softmodded wii

14 inch tv in dads room

14 inch tv for the xbox 360 downstairs

Backup 14 inch tvs (has u can see there all "Philips" Brand)

All the 14 inch tvs i bought from Car boot sale for £3-£5 each. All work perfect

Whats a car boot sale?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_boot_sale

There's screen delay and input delay when you use large HD screens. It's hard to explain so just just take my word for it as a longtime player of UMK3 on both types of screens, if you play MK on a normal CRT screen then play on a large HD screen you'll notice the difference.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I've read/heard mixed reviews lately. My Sony LED looks pretty good with all use it for. I do, however, agree with a lot of people when they say the LED's are in early development and are possibly more flawed than we know at this point. (like any technology that's constantly updated)

IDK, at the end of the day it's just a TV.

Kensidj

10 ft Tall Roadblock
Yeah the picture on my TV is ridiculously good. I had a 55" Sony WEGA LCD before this one and haven't noticed any difference in gameplay. I do, however, notice a difference when I don't have the TV in "game mode". Seems to run very smooth....or maybe I'm just used to it. Then again, I've never played on these CRT monitors you guys talk about.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I dont have a high end LED, but it looks amazing. thats all that matters.

But yea, most HD tvs/monitors have a massive amount of delay from what you press on pad/stick to what you see on the screen. and for fighting games that come down to frames, that can get messy. and frustrating.