What system will you pick it up on?

• XBOX 360

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Geist

Noob
I posted this on SRK, but figured it would get more responses here...

I'm having a hard time deciding which system to get the game on. I currently have it pre-purchased for the 360 because it seems that's what most people play on. But I kinda like the idea of messing around with Kratos....last I heard they said they wouldn't have a 360 exclusive character.

So which system are you all picking it up on?

PS: Game looks badass and every new vid looks even better.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I posted this on SRK, but figured it would get more responses here...

I'm having a hard time deciding which system to get the game on. I currently have it pre-purchased for the 360 because it seems that's what most people play on. But I kinda like the idea of messing around with Kratos....last I heard they said they wouldn't have a 360 exclusive character.

So which system are you all picking it up on?

PS: Game looks badass and every new vid looks even better.
Welcome to TYM! We're both from L'ville!

Anyway, on to your question. I am getting MK9 on the 360. This is mainly because I don't own a PS3 though, lol. There's really no right answer here. It really just comes down to preference. And if you're a tournament player, I wouldn't worry about using Kratos. He will banned at tournaments, since he's a console exclusive character. Also, I'm thinking most MK9 tournaments will be on the PS3, since the controller is better for fighters.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Alll PS3 here.

However I have given consideration towards the idea of securing an Xbox360 so I can explore the game on both consoles. Preferably for a greater amount of competition and a wider variety of fighting styles being presented. The fact that I'll have to pay just for using Xbox Live, however, kinda turns me off the idea - unless my information about it is incorrect.

I myself am not all that concerned with learning Kratos, partially because I'm no God of War fan. Console-exclusive characters or not, I'm a hardcore Mortal Kombat fan and am all about the main icons that represent it. Besides, since Kratos will be banned in tournaments, there really is nothing to gain from mastering him unless you just wanna use him for fun in casuals.

Like Juggs said, this isn't a right-or-wrong question. Whatever console we play this on mainly comes down to two factors: availability and preference.

Geist

Noob
Nice, a fellow L'viller. Might have to meet up and get some games goin one day.

I know there isn't a right or wrong to it. More just curious which console will have more people playing. I may just break down and pick it up also on PS3...I do want the statues. Getting the TE for 360. Guess it just depends on the extra cash, I am not really that much into GoW but having an extra character to mess around with is always fun.

DrDogg

Noob
PS3 unless the Xbox-exclusive character is from Killer Instinct.

I'm not sure if I want to use stick for this game, and I refuse to use the 360 controller. I have a PS2 > 360 converter, but it's just easier to use a Dual Shock 3.