What's new

What is your MKX-related New Years Resolution?

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Tanya and Tremor are not guest characters.

I would take any MK character over guest characters anyday. Mokap and Meat instead of Jason and Leatherface included.
Bullshit! They are guests for MKX and we will never see them again after this game. YES!

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
because of freedom. :DOGE

But jokes aside, can you seriously say you have never been a victim of a crossup solely because the block button exists? Standing there and blocking is not the right option 100% of the time (e.g., when you are about to get chipped to death). Sometimes you have to attempt a yolo anti air and those attemps may very well fail.
:p

In all seriousness though, this isn't SF. Block low by holding down and block - and not down-back. Block high by simply holding block and allowing the pad to go neutral. These are MKX fundamentals that make you better because they make blocking routine.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
It's the fact that I can't stop the crossup punches which lead into a free 50/50. Attempting to anti crossup on reaction gets me full combod 90% of the time.
...but a block button knows no direction.

To block or not block, that is the question...

...because there are no other variables to consider.

HanSolo

Noob
Still a fgc noob here.
My goals are to learn more frame data for characters and generally just learn the cast more so I don't have match ups I'm clueless to.
Spend more time grinding the lab than mindlessly playing online.
Spend a larger percent of my tym lurking in combo, strat, and MU threads than entertaining drama threads.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
...but a block button knows no direction.

To block or not block, that is the question...

...because there are no other variables to consider.
Bro I know how to block a jump punch, it's that I want to be able to stop my opponent from attempting the jump punch because if I allow them to do it and I just block it, I'm put into a 50/50 situation that I'd rather not be in. That's why I need to learn anti-crossups

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
Not suck.

I don't like my chances
Lmao same here I don't wanna be ass

But Orlando has no scene and I'm in college so it doesn't look likely :(

Oh well it is what it is lol I can still have fun just playing the game :)

I do wanna travel more tho so I can keep seeing all my ninjas :D I wanna pick up more characters too

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
To bring Ninjutsu Scorpion to stardom.

It's funny considering that my initial impressions of MKX hadn't been all that flattering, but since discovering Scorpion and Kitana AND gaining a new perspective on managing the neutral game, I've started streaming the game A LOT. I still intend to become best Jago, but juggling two games - three when SFV comes out - is rewarding all the same.

Tweedy

Noob
I want to be the best Alien until Sonicfox picks him up.

In all seriousness, I've leveled up a ton since I started playing the game a lot. Hopefully I can just keep doing that, and attend offline events.

To find the time to play again. Maybe actually become decent at this game.

Are people seriously still arguing about the block button? Did injustice show you nothing? "haha lolol mk is so dumb and they all scrubs cuz lol block button and they can't press back to block lol!" I have no idea why anyone ever thought that pressing back to block was so hard, or any more difficult than pressing a block button. It's not hard. The end. Claiming people can't figure it out was never true, and was proven untrue. It was never a problem for anyone. Period.. Capcom fanboys all talked shit and said that MK players would get blown up because they wouldn't be able to adapt to pressing back to block... Then NRS / MK players dominated the injustice scene anyway, and they STILL claim this? unbelievable.

MK has chip on normals and stupid throw teching. Capcom games don't. Blocking a cross over or jump in in NRS games is almost NEVER the right choice. Play the game and hold block to defend crossups cuz it's so easy.. Let me know how long it takes you to go 0 - 100.

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
Not to pop off after every blocked & punished Mileena roll on my stream. You have no idea how much murder they get away with online.

And number 2. Stop seeing how many people I can beat by running up xx d3ing them to death only. Makes me happy :]

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
prolly drop it if nrs isnt gonna do anything about these idiot-friendly jump normals