What's new

What is this Tom drama... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
REO going over how Tom ripped him off and then saying he still respects Tom

We need to hire an anger translator for REO or something.
Obviously he respects Tom for his skills as a player. As long as you didn't do the worst crime possible (which is murdering someone) people can hate you to their very core due to your actions against them or others and still respect your personal talents. Of course this doesn't excuse what Tom has done, but as long as the person doesn't cross that particular line, he can still be respected for his actions.

I myself was mistreated by Tom at one point, not to the level of REO or others because there was no money involved, but I was betrayed by Tom at one point and that made me lose all of the respect in the world to Tom as a person, yet I'm not gonna deny how good he is as player. I'm of course not gonna take the lessons I've learned from him to the same degree as I was before, but as for his talents, this is something I can't deny.

DeftMonk

Noob
Obviously he respects Tom for his skills as a player. As long as you didn't do the worst crime possible (which is murdering someone) people can hate you to their very core due to your actions against them or others and still respect your personal talents. Of course this doesn't excuse what Tom has done, but as long as the person doesn't cross that particular line, he can still be respected for his actions.

I myself was mistreated by Tom at one point, not to the level of REO or others because there was no money involved, but I was betrayed by Tom at one point and that made me lose all of the respect in the world to Tom as a person, yet I'm not gonna deny how good he is as player. I'm of course not gonna take the lessons I've learned from him to the same degree as I was before, but as for his talents, this is something I can't deny.
Your saying that if Tom was the most successful serial rapist of all time...Bill cosby has "Ice Clone does not function correctly" as his ring tone and Tom Brady posters in his bedroom...Its fine and dandy because he didn't murder anyone?

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Your saying that if Tom was the most successful serial rapist of all time...Bill cosby has "Ice Clone does not function correctly" as his ring tone and Tom Brady posters in his bedroom...Its fine and dandy because he didn't murder anyone?
Not to go off topic to much, but yes. Even if that rapist hurts his victims in a way that they are emotionally scared to their core, they can still be saved and return to normal if they get all of the help that they need, while the rapist serves his punishment that he deserves. But when it comes to murder, even if the killer serves his time, what he did cannot be undone in any shape or form. Of course there might be cases that also can't be undone, in which case the respect goes off the window, but it's an individual case thing.

What Tom has done can be undone, he can give the money back to everyone who wants it back. He can apologize to me and everyone else who he wronged in the past and admit about all the times he had wronged others and then make up to hem. Of course no one has to forgive him (I for one won't forgive him right away) and it will be indeed extremely hard to come back from this, but even if no one wants to forgive him, at least he can undone his wrongs. So yes, he can be respected for his talents.

Wigy

There it is...
before you call them scrubs what are your tournament accomplishments ? cause both of them are EVO champions in multiple games. Also not afraid of online money match and not crying about lag
Fam he literally only plays AI offline and chats this amount of shit.

Only online matches he's got absolutely raped and blamed lag Everytime. (Probably got some mad ghetto potato internet).

Biggest keyboard warrior to Grace this forum since mk9

Fam he literally only plays AI offline and chats this amount of shit.

Only online matches he's got absolutely raped and blamed lag Everytime. (Probably got some mad ghetto potato internet).

Biggest keyboard warrior to Grace this forum since mk9
got it. thanks dude

smoke420

Noob
what you all seem to dismiss is its a DONATION.... its like gambling, or investing.. no guarantee of a return on investment.

tom brady didn't STEAL money. you GAVE it to him. so stop acting like its anything different.

if you give money to a homeless guy and he buys beer with it.... its not a scam..its his money, you gave it to him.

is it a dick move? sure. but thats it. there is no fraud, no contract, no law suits or any other bullshit you clowns think happened.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Fool me once? Shame on you.
Fool me twice? Shame on me.
Fool me three times? Well, I guess people are just that fucking stupid.
So because ppl showed their good heart also the ones that only donated once, you call them stupid? So you also calling reo stupid who also got scammed by him?
What exactly is your point? Tough luck getting scammed by tom brady its your own fault?
Your a jobber

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
So because ppl showed their good heart also the ones that only donated once, you call them stupid? So you also calling reo stupid who also got scammed by him?
What exactly is your point? Tough luck getting scammed by tom brady its your own fault?
Your a jobber
To answer your questions: Yes.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
what you all seem to dismiss is its a DONATION.... its like gambling, or investing.. no guarantee of a return on investment.

tom brady didn't STEAL money. you GAVE it to him. so stop acting like its anything different.

if you give money to a homeless guy and he buys beer with it.... its not a scam..its his money, you gave it to him.

is it a dick move? sure. but thats it. there is no fraud, no contract, no law suits or any other bullshit you clowns think happened.
So you’re saying that receiving donations under false pretense and not using the money as promised... is perfectly okay...? Even going so far as to lie about it and forge receipts?

Interesting yet bizarre train of thought. While a donation is surely just a donation... What on earth would compel you to defend this utter bullshit?

Almost reminds me of that time a bunch of people donated money to someone who super promised the money would go to a good cause...

Whoops.

Last edited:

armani

Noob
Tom Brady is both good enough in the game (hopefully), and relevant enough to the tournament scene to at least make a cameo on camera, show up in pools, hop on the commentators mic to talk crap, make a Twitter post announcing he’s there, etc. something. It’s a good look on him in terms of community interaction especially given that he’s attending tourneys off of donation money. The FGC has an even balance of influencership and E-Sports it maybe would’ve helped Tom grow even more as figurehead in the community, but he chose to be dishonest.

REO is also a little too passive in my opinion, especially because I know that he brings a more constructive and put together energy to everything that he does. Provided a lot more balance to the joint channel with Tom.

Fuck Tom.
He needs to RUN both REO, his supporters, and anyone else he’s burned a CHECK. Like now.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
First tourny I ever went to for MK9 I knew nobody and went alone. I recognized Tom from what might have been justintv back then and tried to say hello to him. He was really rude to me and just blew me off and turned his back to me. I remember I was so surprised because I didn't expect to get snubbed so hard at what I considered was an ultra-nerd convention! By contrast GGA crew invited me to a party at one of the guys house and were some of the nicest people I had ever met... Whatever, hope this humbles Tom a bit and we can move on...

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I’d like to share my favorite Tom Brady memory. Everyone remembers the gas station rant, but I enjoyed this one more. He had just destroyed his own monitor and was playing what I believe was SZ vs Alien and he was getting spanked. Apparently it was because he couldn’t see the bottom part of his screen because he’s a psychopath that broke his monitor in an angry fit of range.

Status
Not open for further replies.