What's new

What Happened, NRS?!

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
yeah they could have had new modes inspired by those ones in mk1 for sure,i always loved tekken force,so id be down for MK force haha could be very fun,online/coop too.

As for tag,well there is full tag mode code in the game at a very bare bones state,and you can actually accsses it on pc,wether its just left over code,thats scrapped or something that could come is unkown.

Realistically its probably left over and they transitioned into the kameo system.We may see some type of tag tower show up where it could be used as a 1 time/limited time only shtic or whatever.

I find it next to impossible of it becoming an actual game mode or the game transforming all kameos into full characters and the game becoming fully tag functional with allwoing you to switch out characters in the match and then having the original ones with kameo moves.

This sounds awsome but i feel like no way it will happen.
Yeah it's not feasible in today's WB. You have some idiots disconnected from the message but I'm glad that most, like yourself aren't remedial and lacking comprehension skills. Thank you.

In reality it doesn't have to be the things listed. It's just games from 20 years ago have more to them.
If this is the "new" shit people want them to focus on? Slow drip feeding and micro transactions? Yikes.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
How has this game been out for two months and there’s STILL button input errors in the Moves List?!?! Been trying to figure out why Goros fatality never works. The moves list says “close” when really you have to be mid screen

with the amount of bugs, glitches and errors in this game NRS needs to seriously consider firing their whole QC team cause they were absolute shit this go around
I can guarantee QA found most if not all of those issues. But because of the strict release deadline, they were all probably triaged and determined to be post launch fixes. Only urgent/critical issues would have been looked at being reported and fixed in time for release.

It was a similar thing with Cyberpunk when it came out, people blaming QA and not the upper management. It had GLARING bugs, they were factually found, but QA can't fix them themselves and programmers/designers etc were most definitely told to sideline the stuff that wasn't utterly game breaking because they have to stick to the release schedule.

Just the typical age old story of game dev. Most studios consisting of clueless upper management who seemingly stumble into the position with no proper project management experience. Either that or they're bowing down and succumbing to the whims of CEO's/boards.

I can guarantee QA found most if not all of those issues. But because of the strict release deadline, they were all probably triaged and determined to be post launch fixes. Only urgent/critical issues would have been looked at being reported and fixed in time for release.

It was a similar thing with Cyberpunk when it came out, people blaming QA and not the upper management. It had GLARING bugs, they were factually found, but QA can't fix them themselves and programmers/designers etc were most definitely told to sideline the stuff that wasn't utterly game breaking because they have to stick to the release schedule.

Just the typical age old story of game dev. Most studios consisting of clueless upper management who seemingly stumble into the position with no proper project management experience. Either that or they're bowing down and succumbing to the whims of CEO's/boards.
but they already did release a patch that fixed a lot of the Move List inputs… yet there are still more that are incorrect. If they knew about all of them, wouldn’t they just have fixed them all on the first go?

I mostly blame WB for a lot of the issues in this game and the greedy tactics in which it’s moving, but stiff like this is purely on the dev’s

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I never thought I would use the word 'dogshit' to describe a modern Mortal Kombat game that has Havik, Reiko and Baraka in the roster and WILL have the cyborgs (albeit with one less dick) and Noob, yet here we are.

The gameplay is great, and the roster is great. Best that I've ever seen in an MK game for a while now.

Everything else? Dogshit.

Story Mode? Starts out great, then devolves into Multiverse of Suckage at its last third. Absolute garbage. I hate multiverse stories, I FUCKING hate them, and MK turned it up to eleven. Fuck off.

Invasion Mode: Season 1 sucked donkey dick and Season 2's notable improvements was taking out the fucking armor from every non-boss opponent and allow the entire roster to appear on each Mesa. Survive missions turned from laughable to infuriating or tedious. No fluff. No lore. No nothing. Just a tedious, boring way to have vs matches. Dogshit. Fuck off.

Intros/Outros: A major downgrade from MK11. No dialogue on ANY mode besides local vs. Two intros/outros per character instead of 4-5 that MK11 had.

Skins: OH. MY. GOD. Where to begin with this. Two skins for almost all characters with each skin having 2397453240 different palette swaps. Literally no incentive to grind for them. Most skins are mediocre, and the only times you feel a character actually looks good is when they get a 3D era skin and you fucking have to pay TEN FUCKING DOLLARS for it. Fuck off. FUCK. OFF.

Havik: They fucking ruined him. I was afraid that I wouldn't get Kittelsen's Havik, but holy shit, I did NOT expect to get a disfigured Michael Jackson. His moveset is fine, but his design is mediocre and holy shit, his gear is asinine. Fish helmets, futuristic iron plates, holy crap. It's like someone read his wiki bio and saw Chaosrealmers worship water so they figured fish helmets, because why the fuck not. And in the story? A useless moron who is actually Dairou. The scene where he gets his face burned by Kuai Liang had me tilt my head with my mouth wide open. This motherfucker can regenerate his entire head after he rips it off to throw it at you, yet somehow THIS counted as a permanent injury? Is Dom a complete, utter retard?

No boss, no sub-boss: This was the biggest smh like a motherfucker moment. No need to elaborate further.

Bugs/glitches galore: Jesus fucking Christ, where do I even begin with this one? Floating decapitated heads. Screen going half black at brutalities. Rewards being given on missions you never played. Wrong inputs on the move lists. Reptile's vibrating lips on the Steam version for two months. Survive missions not play-tested in order to see how unfair they are, game crashes, character stuck on running loop on the Invasion map, skin colors not shown correctly ... sigh A complete utter clusterfuck.

This is clearly a game which needed at least 8-12 more months of development in order to fix bugs and glitches, add modes, characters, bosses, enrich the invasion with NPCs, free-roaming and exploration. They only thing they got right was the combat, and that's probably because it was already made for INJ3 and they swapped games at the last moment.

This game should have been the best MK game for me, yet it ended up being a huge disappointment.

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
I never thought I would use the word 'dogshit' to describe a modern Mortal Kombat game that has Havik, Reiko and Baraka in the roster and WILL have the cyborgs (albeit with one less dick) and Noob, yet here we are.

The gameplay is great, and the roster is great. Best that I've ever seen in an MK game for a while now.

Story Mode? Starts out great, then devolves into Multiverse of Suckage at its last third. Absolute garbage. I hate multiverse stories, I FUCKING hate them, and MK turned it up to eleven. Fuck off.

Invasion Mode: Season 1 sucked donkey dick and Season 2's notable improvements was taking out the fucking armor from every non-boss opponent and allow the entire roster to appear on each Mesa. Survive missions turned from laughable to infuriating or tedious. No fluff. No lore. No nothing. Just a tedious, boring way to have vs matches. Dogshit. Fuck off.

Intros/Outros: A major downgrade from MK11. No dialogue on ANY mode besides local vs. Two intros/outros per character instead of 4-5 that MK11 had.

Skins: OH. MY. GOD. Where to begin with this. Two skins for almost all characters with each skin having 2397453240 different palette swaps. Literally no incentive to grind for them. Most skins are mediocre, and the only times you feel a character actually looks good is when they get a 3D era skin and you fucking have to pay TEN FUCKING DOLLARS for it. Fuck off. FUCK. OFF.

Havik: They fucking ruined him. I was afraid that I wouldn't get Kittelsen's Havik, but holy shit, I did NOT expect to get a disfigured Michael Jackson. His moveset is fine, but his design is mediocre and holy shit, his gear is asinine. Fish helmets, futuristic iron plates, holy crap. It's like someone read his wiki bio and saw Chaosrealmers worship water so they figured fish helmets, because why the fuck not. And in the story? A useless moron who is actually Dairou. The scene where he gets his face burned by Kuai Liang had me tilt my head with my mouth wide open. This motherfucker can regenerate his entire head after he rips it off to throw it at you, yet somehow THIS counted as a permanent injury? Is Dom a complete, utter retard?

No boss, no sub-boss: This was the biggest smh like a motherfucker moment. No need to elaborate further.

Bugs/glitches galore: Jesus fucking Christ, where do I even begin with this one? Floating decapitated heads. Screen going half black at brutalities. Rewards being given on missions you never played. Wrong inputs on the move lists. Reptile's vibrating lips on the Steam version for two months. Survive missions not play-tested in order to see how unfair they are, game crashes, character stuck on running loop on the Invasion map, skin colors not shown correctly ... sigh A complete utter clusterfuck.

This is clearly a game which needed at least 8-12 more months of development in order to fix bugs and glitches, add modes, characters, bosses, enrich the invasion with NPCs, free-roaming and exploration. They only thing they got right was the combat, and that's probably because it was already made for INJ3 and they swapped games at the last moment.

This game should have been the best MK game for me, yet it ended up being a huge disappointment.
It’s so fucking sad. WB needs to be held responsible for all of this nonsense. How are skins more expensive than a whole ass DLC character? And it’s the skins that people actually want too! I’m a huge 3D Era fan and I was excited to see Deadly Alliance Scorpion, but then the price came out. And I knew they were going to do that shit to the other 3D Era skins. I hate this trend where I’m excited for a game to come out but I have to reserve myself to pre order because it’s not guaranteed it’s complete or not. NRS may listen to the fans but there’s always a catch. And I’m getting so fed up.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Arse hats should just do a paid season pass for 10 bucks, and include a shit ton of content that can be grinded for via Kombat League.

They want money, and we want content. 10 bucks for three fatalities? Da fuq is that tripe? 10 bucks for 10 unique skins, 10 brutalities, and other goodies, and now we're talking. Fooqs have 30 yrs of material that they can shill our way.

Lazy asses...

kantboy2

Pale Rider
No fatalities/brutalities/taunts/idle stances should be tied to a fucking monetary transaction aside from the initial purchase. Ever.

New, unique skins are fair game but not at the current prices; this is F2P theft levels in a $70 game.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak

Well this is sadly gospel to me.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
my man Nicko chose to speak a language of facts.

I'm a bit drunk but I decided to follow up on that a bit.

I bought a premium edition with kombat pack - yet I knew that half of the kombatants are guests - whatever.
I expected that and I can understand this and understand the price

But

then I saw the skins - Deadly alliance Scorpion was awesome - I had some crystals from premium edition and I've farmed something by leveling Rain to absurd level.

And then more skins started to appear in the shop. Good skins. Really, REALLY neat skins. Li Mei - I'd love to have her. Nitara - I'd love to have her. Sub Zero - Hell yea. But holy shit - I'ts not really a matter of "i cannot afford this shit" because I can. I earn a lot and I can get these skins without even noticing that I bought them.

But I will not do it. I will not buy anything from them.
I will not buy any fucking fatality - this is the most absurd of all of it. 30 secs custcene that will probably going to be used only a few times while playing the game.

Holy shit NRS.

Why!!??

Oh and btw - the "Havik" case - making him being Dairou is something that actually doesn't make any sense at all. I hate it and I hope that the fanbase will be vocal and we will get a proper Dairou in some time.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
my man Nicko chose to speak a language of facts.

I'm a bit drunk but I decided to follow up on that a bit.

I bought a premium edition with kombat pack - yet I knew that half of the kombatants are guests - whatever.
I expected that and I can understand this and understand the price

But

then I saw the skins - Deadly alliance Scorpion was awesome - I had some crystals from premium edition and I've farmed something by leveling Rain to absurd level.

And then more skins started to appear in the shop. Good skins. Really, REALLY neat skins. Li Mei - I'd love to have her. Nitara - I'd love to have her. Sub Zero - Hell yea. But holy shit - I'ts not really a matter of "i cannot afford this shit" because I can. I earn a lot and I can get these skins without even noticing that I bought them.

But I will not do it. I will not buy anything from them.
I will not buy any fucking fatality - this is the most absurd of all of it. 30 secs custcene that will probably going to be used only a few times while playing the game.

Holy shit NRS.

Why!!??

Oh and btw - the "Havik" case - making him being Dairou is something that actually doesn't make any sense at all. I hate it and I hope that the fanbase will be vocal and we will get a proper Dairou in some time.
So let’s say someone got the premium edition, $110 bucks. They had the dragon crystals for Scorpion skin, which cool. But they bought Li Mei, Nitara, and Sub-Zero, now they’re in the hole $140, and I guarantee there’s a lot of people that did this.

I agree, it’s not about if you can afford it or not, it’s just disgusting. Especially because these are skins from old games. The concept is done. They didn’t have to create anything original for them.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
No real mystery, WB is very different now a days, and is more or less a sinking ship.

I wouldn’t be shocked if this is the last MK game we get under NRS.

Just be fond of the good times we had.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I honestly think this game would be a lot better just by removing ALL the assists/mechanic. The gameplay is great but the assist mechanic just enables ALL the bullshit. And no, nerfing Lao, Cyrax etc will not solve anytyhing, people just gonna switch to Stryker, Kano etc to make either HTB or be safe/plus on otherwise minus(on block) strings. I know this will never happen - just a thought.

Everything else in this game is a simple cash grab, unfinnished, subpar product in every way and to top it all off - with crazy MTX on top of 70$ price tag. I expect even worse in MK2 or whatever its gonna be called. At this point, for me - its just a waiting room for T8.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The assist part of the game is weird, they ended up in a weird middle ground, because of summons it’s lacks the excitement of a traditional assist game, but still has the bullshit.

Very strange choice.
Very curious to see what this game looks like in a year.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Apparently
In all seriousness though, make sure your Kameo is actually available, because if you’ve recently used them for something, sometimes they’re not available to break a combo. Other than that it should work.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I started playing these games religiously with MKX (first one I bought day 1) and I liked that game a lot, and I think Injustice 2 is incredible and their best game. When I stopped playing MK11, I wasn’t frustrated, I thought it was objectively a good product with great value and polish, aside from overpriced DLC. Just wasn’t my cup of tea but a lot of people loved it, so I didn’t think much of it. Sub-Zero is also very meaningful to me and grinding him in MKX made me happy at a time I wasn’t very happy, so I have a lot of good memories associated with MK.

I never thought I’d have such a foul taste in my mouth with an MK game. And it’s a shame because the mechanics are great, but I’m not a robot that can just overlook how insulting this game is and look only at the gameplay. If this is you and you’re able to do it, more power to you, truly. Nor am I so addicted or blinded by nostalgia that I don’t expect better. As I said, this game was a gift and I didn’t buy it, but a robbery has still taken place lol. I hate WB as always and have lost a ton of respect for NRS.

I can ALMOST understand shelling out for the skin for your favorite character if there was nothing else wrong with the game. But if
you bought these holiday fatalities, you’re a degenerate and are helping these greedy bastards destroy gaming. Glady lapping up their slop ensures that’s all we’re gonna get.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
what do you guys think they will charge for the expansion?

Im going to guess between 50-60 bucks
An additional 50 bucks most likely. They think 6 characters is worth 40 bucks so if it’s another Kombat pack plus a story, y’all who are sticking around better be ready to pay up.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I have successfully resisted buying the game on launch. decided this time i will buy it a year later when the ultimate edition comes out and the water has settled. but judging from posts in this thread i might not buy it even then, never gonna support studios with shitty monetization schemes.

It's just my damn luck the one game with Raiden in S-tier have managed to fumble on several other aspects -_-

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I have successfully resisted buying the game on launch. decided this time i will buy it a year later when the ultimate edition comes out and the water has settled. but judging from posts in this thread i might not buy it even then, never gonna support studios with shitty monetization schemes.

It's just my damn luck the one game with Raiden in S-tier have managed to fumble on several other aspects -_-
You’re smarter than every single person in this thread then, myself included

trufenix

bye felicia

Do not buy it. Do not support this game.