What's new

What from Injustice do you want in the next MK?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I agree that only the basics should be carried over: a good training mode, negative edge options, and (accurate) frame data. I like the mechanics of MK more than those of Injustice, so I am hoping that those don't change TOO much from MK9 to MK10.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Besides adjustable options over Kombat Kodes obviously being a given, it's kinda hard to say since we don't have any light shed on where MK10 is going and how MK9's stuff will fit in let alone Injustice's, I still find it hard to believe it's going to be a direct reboot of MK4 after how MK4 turned out in the first place.

Plus, what everyone "loves" about Injustice may be vilified a year from now. Just sayin.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Practice mode.
Trait. But it will cost one bar. And you have to input a command. Kind of like how weapons worked in mk4

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Things from Injustice...

Exp System
Back to Block
Ground/Wall bounces
Character Traits
Hero Card
The Netcode
S.T.A.R. Labs Missions
Clash System

Things from other Fighters....

2 seperate meters for supers and EX moves (Like SF with a super meter and a ultra meter)
Focus Attacks

From Injustice applied to MKX (MK10):

* Stage transitions. However these aren't really new. Would like to see more knocking above or below through multi tiered stages. And if knocked with meter usage offended can juggle/combo afterwards.

Knocked above, juggle (think as if you anti aired someone).
Knocked below, ground bounce juggle (think bound combo follow ups in tekken, where hits are exceptionally limited).

* Challenge Tower having multiple mini games/goals within missions.
* Interactive story mode.
* In depth practice mode/command list
* Better netcode than both games. Injustice is only slightly better than MK9's IMO.
* Alternate controller options
* Push block

* Both games could benefit from having more than one alternate color palettes for costumes. Instead of just a lighter or darker shade, it'd be nice to just have straight up extra colors options of costumes.

Example:

Maybe even a color edit mode.

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
Blocked jk does NOT give you frame advantage.
Back to block, im not a fan of the block button
The throw tech
Pushblock

Want I dont want is the stupid stage gimmicks or clash. Who on earth wants that garbage.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
These:
1. Stage Interactions
3. No block button (but this would be weird for a MK title)
4. Frame data
5. 4 tier meter

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Non-universal moves. Back to block without down to block. Get rid of stage related hazards or make them less in number per stage.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
What I want from Injustice for the next MK?
-Practice mode,In-Game Frame Data and Release Check/Alternate control options.Everything else stays the same for MK10.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
if you could take anything from this game and add it to the next Mortal Kombat what would you chose?

1. Stage Interactions ( MK could mostly be Weapons) NO.
2. Character Traits No reason to try to fuse Injustice w/MK. Let it be its own game.
3. No block button ( At least have an option, who the hell are the people complaining to Ed?) MK needs the block button.
4. Battle Mode options
5. Stage Transitions( Not impossible ones) See no. 2
6. Background Cameos ( Taven and Deagon Quest) As long as it's not characters named Taven, Daegon or Shujinko, then fine.
7. Different intro's /Winning posses based off of the costume you choose. I'm iffy on this one.
8. Hero cards, Icons, Portraits
9. Frame data
10. 3 Star option for the Challenge Tower (replay value)
11. XP leveling up
12. 4 tier meter (add a Ultimate X-Ray Move)

Also what from MK would you add to Injustice? NONE OF THESE!

1. SECRET FIGHTS
2. Test your Sight ( I think they could have put a DC spin on it for the STAR Labs)
3. Unplayable SUB BOSS
4. UNLOCKABLE CHARACTERS
5. Round timer options

Maybe

Any type of Finisher (rated T)

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
The major thing I wanted from MK in IGAU was for the game to be rated M, so there wouldn't be any boundaries. Also, it would have stopped some of these ragequit kid's parents to buy the game for them.

I like the option to do alt controls, it's just nice for someone who's coming from a different style game and it really doesn't impact the game balence. I don't agree on back to block though, it's MK and it's always had the block button. Being able to turn off negative edging is nice too

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I don't know if anyone has said this but, MK NEEDS a grappling character. Make it sheeva, jax, Kano, or a new character. I don't care just have a grappler

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I like the option to do alt controls, it's just nice for someone who's coming from a different style game and it really doesn't impact the game balence. I don't agree on back to block though, it's MK and it's always had the block button. Being able to turn off negative edging is nice too
We have back to block in Injustice. So I think they might keep it that way... Injustice really does feel like I would imagine MK10 to feel, just with DC characters instead. :16Bit

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I say leave MK the way it is and keep progressing the net code for online.

Keep it simple for MK. Maybe add in a little flare but don't go over the top with changing the mechanics of the game.

Try to keep Mk and Injustice two separate entities so they can remain fresh even for years to come.

Just my opinion.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I say leave MK the way it is and keep progressing the net code for online.

Keep it simple for MK. Maybe add in a little flare but don't go over the top with changing the mechanics of the game.

Try to keep Mk and Injustice two separate entities so they can remain fresh even for years to come.

Just my opinion.
I agree, but you are basically saying that it is a good idea to not innovate. MK should really take what Injustice did well and expand upon it. It would be stupid not to. :16Bit

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
From Injustice applied to MKX (MK10):

* Stage transitions. However these aren't really new. Would like to see more knocking above or below through multi tiered stages. And if knocked with meter usage offended can juggle/combo afterwards.

Knocked above, juggle (think as if you anti aired someone).
Knocked below, ground bounce juggle (think bound combo follow ups in tekken, where hits are exceptionally limited).

* Challenge Tower having multiple mini games/goals within missions.
* Interactive story mode.
* In depth practice mode/command list
* Better netcode than both games. Injustice is only slightly better than MK9's IMO.
* Alternate controller options
* Push block

* Both games could benefit from having more than one alternate color palettes for costumes. Instead of just a lighter or darker shade, it'd be nice to just have straight up extra colors options of costumes.

Example:

Maybe even a color edit mode.
That. ^^

Also, Character specific dialogue.
Characters that can fly, float in neutral stance. (Sindel, Ermac, Fujin, maybe Raiden, too)
Nitara and/or Sindel with Hawkgirl-like flight.
Multiple alt costumes for a bigger group of the cast.
Unique jumping attacks. (Which is funny because earlier MKs had this, but the characters became more similar as time went on)

Maybe: a grappler for the first time ever.

MOTARO SUB-BOSS FIGHT!

NO NO NO NO NO
I mainly play these games for the competition. Forcing ppl to play through story just so I can get the full roster for the game is awful. Not to mention (unless u can dl save files) this makes having to run a tourney a pain in the ass.
We can always add cheat codes, so people who wanna run a tournament can just use a cheat and people who enjoy unlocking will just not use the cheat code.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I agree, but you are basically saying that it is a good idea to not innovate. MK should really take what Injustice did well and expand upon it. It would be stupid not to. :16Bit

I think that Mk is a great game minus the net code crap and balance. If they can get that down, then I think it would blow injustice out of the water.

I think it would be good to innovate, just not go crazy if you know what I mean. Make it still MK but with some new flash to it to make it fresh.