What's new

What "dont" you like about the game so far?

DmitryDoronin

Lightning summoner tossing fans
Just 2 factors that I REALLY hope are not going to remain in the final build:

Game resolution - 1280x720p
Frame rate - Intro, outro, wager, stage transition and super animations are all 30 fps.

colt hecterrific please, tell me it's just in the demo because as much as I like this game so far, this really got me upset when I started playing the demo.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Am I the only 1 here who played other fighting games besides MK......u guys need to try out other fighters.
I play Skullgirls really casually, I don't know anybody else who has it so I can't get good at it. :(

Frame rate - Intro, outro, wager, stage transition and super animations are all 30 fps.

colt hecterrific please, tell me it's just in the demo because as much as I like this game so far, this really got me upset when I started playing the demo.
How do you know? The animations look pretty fine to me..

trufenix

bye felicia

Its been that way since the start, I don't think its going anywhere.

The funniest thing is that people are getting crazy about telling each other who is right or wrong in this thread, when the thread itself is as subjective as one could be. "What do you like/ not like" can't be answered in a way that is right or wrong, its personal preference. The dash cancel stuff could be great, could be better, could be awful, if you like it you like it, if you don't you don't. The thread asks for first day impressions off of a demo, yeah a lot of responses are going to be off the cuff, assumptive, and in some cases uninformed, just goes to show that there is a lot of learning that is going to happen with this game, from everyone.
This is the internet. It's only a maatter of time in any thread before someone starts flaming people for not liking what they do.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
its almost like a hit box problem, you don't have to time b3 at all and the jumping 3 or whatever you follow up you want almost comes naturally. The z bounce moves (at least WWs) comes out on some akward delay that never hits right on b113, and when they come back I always drop it.

You know I don't think I checked to see if its any different in sword stance. b+1 has a huge box on it.
I haven't used Wonder Woman extensively, but doing anything outside like, 112~Gravity Pull as Lex will usually whiff, and the timing for it is a bit awkward. Just one of those things that'll have to get used to doing.

Actually, I think something like his forward 2 will work well also.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
For me, its definitely not being able to cancel the dash into any moves.

Imo this slows the game down and restricts combos.

The gameplay would be so much faster if you could cancel the dash.

Having to wait until the dash animation is over, kind of blows..

Everything else, im very positive about.
yeah i hate this sf dashs but it's all because there is no block button, and i really don't understand this wake up system, because this fking doomsday on extreme mode really kick my ass in the corner and i can't do something, and i prefer mk EX more , because u can become more safer or just give armor to rush, in injustice u must touch to use MB so there is rly no way to miss some of EX, anyway i know its a very old build and let's see the full game , anyway i will buy it and will get all dlc to support nrs , because i rly want see mk10 better makes possible

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The dash thing is the first thing I noticed and disliked about the game, but I didn't expect others to have the same complaint, which is why I kept shut. lol.

Honestly, I don't know how to get in on opponents in this game. I only have "MK fundamentals," so I dunno wtf to do when there is no D4, D3, deep jump kicks, or advancing moves done off of dashes. I'm so confused. Are jumping and walking the only viable ways to initiate an attack? ;_;
Maybe m2dave has tips for a Smoke player, such as yourself, transitioning into Injustice.

trufenix

bye felicia
Really? Well, that sucks. Still waiting for colt and hecterrific replies and hoping for them to prove you wrong.
well, for starters, don't invoke colt for anything non-gameplay, second I don't think either one of them is going to come out and say "yes, we have a framerate problem." Third, does it really matter? MK was the same way during the story mode cinematics.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
One thing I don't like is the fact that nobody really has any good medium ranged attacks. Nobody has good advancing forward moves..
What The Hell.

Medium Ranged Moves
Catwoman Whip
Wonder Woman Lasso attacks
Nightwing Staff
Aquaman Trident
Batman Grapple and Slide Kick
Bane's Low Kick
Green Lantern's Lift and Slide
Deathstrokes Sword Shenanigans
Superman Super Breath
Half Sinestro's Moveset
Joker's Crowbar
Cyborg Sonic Disruptor

Etc.

Advancing Moves
Flash's Dash Attacks
Catwoman's rush
Bane's rush
Lex's Charge
Batman's Slide
Wonder Woman's Shield Strike
Nightwing Flying Grayson, Kali Fury, Staff Spin, Flip Kick
Green Lantern's Turbine Smash
Superman's Flying Punch
Joker Crowbar
Harley Somersault
Doomsday Shoulder Charge

Deathstroke Sword Flip

Wonder Woman's Dive
Black Adam's Dive Kick
Doomsday Air Dive
Etc etc.

I like the dash.. :( you just have to time when you can attack. I think this may be a MK player exclusive problem.
hope the scrubs don't go too nuts with the patch demands.

Blocking and breaking out pressure isn't the most intuitive. I think it's because of the passing of attack strings and recovery.
And how 21 lance cancel doesn't allow combo linking in the xbox version. I hope the retail copy lets you do at least one rep

DmitryDoronin

Lightning summoner tossing fans
well, for starters, don't invoke colt for anything non-gameplay, second I don't think either one of them is going to come out and say "yes, we have a framerate problem." Third, does it really matter? MK was the same way during the story mode cinematics.
I wouldn't invoke him and Hector if they weren't the only ones who reply to fans on this site. Since I don't have Twitter profile, it's the only way for me to connect with them.

And yes, it does matter. It may not to you but it definitely does to me. Story Mode cinematics are pre-rendered videos, all of the cinematics I mentioned are gameplay part. Game mechanics is not the only thing that should matter.

Reactions: RYX
What The Hell.

Medium Ranged Moves
Catwoman Whip
Wonder Woman Lasso attacks
Nightwing Staff
Aquaman Trident
Batman Grapple and Slide Kick
Bane's Low Kick
Green Lantern's Lift and Slide
Deathstrokes Sword Shenanigans
Superman Super Breath
Half Sinestro's Moveset
Joker's Crowbar
Cyborg Sonic Disruptor

Etc.

Advancing Moves
Flash's Dash Attacks
Catwoman's rush
Bane's rush
Lex's Charge
Batman's Slide
Wonder Woman's Shield Strike
Nightwing Flying Grayson, Kali Fury, Staff Spin, Flip Kick
Green Lantern's Turbine Smash
Superman's Flying Punch
Joker Crowbar
Harley Somersault
Doomsday Shoulder Charge

Deathstroke Sword Flip

Wonder Woman's Dive
Black Adam's Dive Kick
Doomsday Air Dive
Etc etc.
All of those things are in the demo, so they are relevant to a thread about what people don't like about the demo.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
All of those things are in the demo, so they are relevant to a thread about what people don't like about the demo.
Read the thread title. People are talking about the game, not just the demo. And yes, anything related to Batman Lex or Wonder Woman is in the demo, and they all have midrange and advancing moves.

What people don't understand is that movement and spacing are built into the metagame from the ground up, rather than using dash cancels to fake it. It means the game plays differently -- and it's a different game; so why would you deride the game on day 1 for not playing like MK9?

Just makes absolutely no sense to me. How about people learn to play the game fully, using ALL the tools, understand how it was meant to be played, and then make judgments.

What I'm seeing now is literally the same as a Street Fighter player coming in, playing MK for 3 hours, saying "dial-a-combos ruin this game for me, why can't I use frame links" and making threads about it on the forums.

It's been said before...you guys should have tried to play other fighting games. That's where the issue you guys are having with no dash cancel. You aren't used to it whatsoever, and it's awkward for you all. When MK is literally how you learned to play a fighting game competitively, the habits from that game come into play. Bring able to dash cancel, anti airs not being nearly as reliable.

My biggest issue is the meter ticks, like said. I think I should get the bar and it's there, but I don't...
This This a million times ^THIS^
Chris G is gonna be a huge tourney threat cuz of how much fighters he is familiar with.

Sami

Noob
Not going to give an opinion on lack of dash cancels until I get the final build in my hands and I can see just how movement and rushdown is affected.

Two things that bug me in the demo, one easily fixed the other impossible:

1) No block button. Yes I know, back to block is in most fighters. I just generally haven't played those fighters much (partially because I don't like back-to-block and far more prefer "active" blocking). Will be a lean2play issue for me, I know.

2) The bottom-screen UI is terrible. Meter bar is hard to see, trait icons are hard to see or aren't very clear, etc. All very easy (in relative terms) for NRS to fix up, but it still annoys the hell out of me. Having the level-interaction prompts at the top of the screen also feels counter-intuitive, as I'm used to looking at the bottom of the screen to plan my moves (trait and meter).

Oh, and I know it's apparently been fixed, but fuck that dumpster. Seriously.