What's new

What doesnt make Batman the best character in injustice ?

BlastX21

Noob
I don't think he's the best character in the game. But you cannot say his zoning is mediocre, when it's better than 90% of the other characters' zoning. You can't say his pressure sucks, because it's better than 90% of the rest of the cast.
I don't recall saying his pressure sucked, and I don't think anyone else has either. I did say his zoning was mediocre, and I'll get to that, but try and understand our point here. All me and Rude have done so far is point out that Batman's pressure has flaws. And thats all we need to prove in order to say that he's not the best in the game (the top 2 characters pretty much have none).

Before I get into the zoning argument, let me understand your position here. You said he outzones 90% of the cast. Who do you think he doesn't outzone?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You didn't. Matter of that I never even mentioned you. You just made it personal for whatever reason. I also never said "BATMAN TOO STRONK NO ONE HAS OPTIONS HERP DERP". You just read that from me because you're biased towards me.
I have a bias towards you, and yet you're the one that said, "I eat Rude for Breakfast." Where as before, I was actually breaking down and explaining how Batman's pressure works and its holes and what an opponent's options are.

OK BUDDY! I AM TEH BIAZED! FUR MEEEEEE!!!!

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
LOL so apparantly if we agree that batman is top 10 but not #1 then we're downplaying, yeah okay.
No, downplaying is when you say:
2. Mediocre zoning. Its definently not "immaculate"
3. Short range. Bats help alleviate this, but still noteworthy.
4. Requires meter to perform significant pressure, which may or may not break through depending on your opponent's skill. Contrast this to Batgirl's meterless coin flips.
And
Rude said:
BLAH BLAH all of batman strings are super unsafe and he has no decent overheads
Then yeah that's kinda downplaying.

Rude

No, downplaying is when you say:

And

Then yeah that's kinda downplaying.
That is not even what I said. It wasn't downplaying at all. I never used the word, "unsafe" when talking about them. I broke the strings down and explained how they work and what a person's options are. That's discussing the meta of his pressure, not downplaying.

Are you serious with this??

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Before I get into the zoning argument, let me understand your position here. You said he outzones 90% of the cast. Who do you think he doesn't outzone?
MMH, Superhombre, Batgirl, Raven, Zod maybe?

I have a bias towards you, and yet you're the one that said, "I eat Rude for Breakfast." Where as before, I was actually breaking down and explaining how Batman's pressure works and its holes and what an opponent's options are.

OK BUDDY! I AM TEH BIAZED! FUR MEEEEEE!!!!
But I do eat you for breakfast in a MU that's almost 7 - 3 for Batman. How do you explain that? And yeah, you're hella biased. Remember when you came to my profile page to tell me that I was so wrong because MUs should be based in FT3s in whatever tournaments? Instead of, you know, common sense and experience?
That is not even what I said. It wasn't downplaying at all. I never used the word, "unsafe" when talking about them. I broke the strings down and explained how they work and what a person's options are. That's discussing the meta of his pressure, not downplaying.

Are you serious with this??
No that was the abridged version of what you said.

Rude

But I do eat you for breakfast in a MU that's almost 7 - 3 for Batman.

No that was the abridged version of what you said.
No, no it's not. That's not even remotely close to what was actually said. You are horrible at paraphrasing. And you did beat me. So? That was then. It doesn't make anything I've said not true. And again, I have never denied that this happened or excused it. But it doesn't make you right about a character you don't even main. Because you can't dispute what I've said, you put words in my mouth to try and discredit me.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
No, no it's not. That's not even remotely close to what was actually said. You are horrible at paraphrasing. And you did beat me. So? That was then. It doesn't make anything I've said not true. And again, I have never denied that this happened or excused it. But it doesn't make you right about a character you don't even main. Because you can't dispute what I've said, you put words in my mouth to try and discredit me.

How am I discrediting you? I never said whatever you said isn't true. But I'm also telling you, there's another layer to the game that just numbers. A layer not many characters have. Please show me another character that has ridiculous pressure like the one in the gif.

BlastX21

Noob
Uh, did you really just add a "maybe" to the idea of Zod outzoning Batman? Not sure how to react to that....

This is my list of characters that outzone Batman, in my opinion. Take yours, and add:

Sinestro
Zatanna
Deathstroke
Aquaman
Nightwing
Harley
Green Lantern
Cyborg
Killer Frost

Killer Frost is literally the only one of these I see as even being debatable. Obviously we aren't going to hash all of these out, so lets just start by hearing how in the world Batman outzones Sinestro and Zatanna, and go from there.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Uh, did you really just add a "maybe" to the idea of Zod outzoning Batman? Not sure how to react to that....

This is my list of characters that outzone Batman, in my opinion. Take yours, and add:

Sinestro
Zatanna
Deathstroke
Aquaman
Nightwing
Harley
Green Lantern
Cyborg
Killer Frost

Killer Frost is literally the only one of these I see as even being debatable. Obviously we aren't going to hash all of these out, so lets just start by hearing how in the world Batman outzones Sinestro and Zatanna, and go from there.
If you think Batman zoning is just throwing bats and trait, you're horribly wrong.

Rude

[sp
How am I discrediting you? I never said whatever you said isn't true. But I'm also telling you, there's another layer to the game that just numbers. A layer not many characters have. Please show me another character that has ridiculous pressure like the one in the gif.
You literally said I was downplaying when I wasn't. That is discrediting someone, as was posting your gif in response to my actual write-up. "I eat Rude for Breakfast" was another way you were trying to discredit my knowledge. Stop playing dumb when you know exactly what you're doing. I acknowledge there is another level. I also acknowledge that there are options. It can go both ways. There is no downplaying at all going on, here.

Rude

If you think Batman zoning is just throwing bats and trait, you're horribly wrong.
Really, you shouldn't use trait for zoning unless in specific matches/circumstances. There are FAR better uses for trait than zoning. But that's just my opinon. Purely opinion.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Really, you shouldn't use trait for zoning unless in specific matches/circumstances. There are FAR better uses for trait than zoning. But that's just my opinon. Purely opinion.
Zoning = Be in a position where you can punish all of the enemy's options from mid to long range, allowing you to control the space.
Bats = Punishes all the options the enemy has from mid to long range, allowing you to control the space. Biggest meta game tool in the game. Induces panic and eats non-baptized children.

Rude

Zoning = Be in a position where you can punish all of the enemy's options from mid to long range.
Bats = Punishes all the options the enemy has from mid to long range.

Easy. You don't get a lot off of releasing trait as a zoning tool in a lot of situations. Yes, you have MB Grapple but that doesn't always work, and definitely not in every match-up. Not to mention the chip and hit % just aren't that great. Bats doesn't punish all options from mid-to-long range. It depends on the match-up. Some match-ups it is a better idea than others.

I'm not saying it's unviable. It has its use. It's just not the best use, and it is not my personal preference when using trait.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
his wakeups arent the worst at all lol and his trait is still top 3, but it can be argued he isnt the best, at least top 3 though
Really? Name me one viable wake-up he has.

His trait isn't even top 3, I'd say maybe top 6 for utility and combo potential but the cooldown is killer.

you know i was certain that someone would already have a list by there side and answer my question quickly since everyone is so on the idea of batman being #1. So either people are sitting there carefully analyzing what they say or they're just trolls lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
bane #1 b/c we're downplaying batman.
God no lol. Bane is top 15 at best.
Still, saying batman has better wake-ups than GL isn't the case. GL can at least check jump-happy opponents and it has decent range. Batmans wake ups are just disgustingly bad in every way imaginable.

God no lol. Bane is top 15 at best.
Still, saying batman has better wake-ups than GL isn't the case. GL can at least check jump-happy opponents and it has decent range. Batmans wake ups are just disgustingly bad in every way imaginable.
haha it don't matter cuz apparantly batman is #1 which is true b/c he's fucking batman. Btw Doom, after FR im gonna put down batman for a while and go all bane.......so i will be hitting you and bipolar up soon for all the info on him :D

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
haha it don't matter cuz apparantly batman is #1 which is true b/c he's fucking batman. Btw Doom, after FR im gonna put down batman for a while and go all bane.......so i will be hitting you and bipolar up soon for all the info on him :D
I might put batman in the top 3, but top 1 is a stretch.

I'm a bad example lol. I do gimmicks 24/7. If you wanna learn how to fraud someone out of a match I can teach you that lol.