What's new

Question What does "Rush Down" Freddy mean?

Justice

Noob
If you want to see how Freddy should be played, watch Freddy vs Jason :D

Seriously tho, Freddy has sick rushdown for a zoner. Should he stand toe-to-toe with Sonya? Hellz no!

And Dave, we call you a zoner because that's all you do on stream.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Because I write all my posts on iPhone and the issue is this

Either a script interrupts my post so when I start again it capitalizes first letter or I type a word that isn't English and to defy autocorrect I have to capitulize last letter of a word like nooB to beat autocorrect
I figured you were just having an orgasm everytime you typed the letter "O" like OOOOOOOOO....OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo
m2dave is the only Freddy main w no counter pick to make top 8 EVO and other tourneys

Maybe we are all fools

But Dave is a coward VS smokes
do you know how annoying it is to have to say everything TWICE in a row?????
m2dave is the only Freddy main w no counter pick to make top 8 EVO and other tourneys

Maybe we are all fools

But Dave is a coward VS smokes
do you know how annoying it is to have to say everything TWICE in a row????? :p

Also LOL Dark_Rob....your humor is always golden

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
I do utilize all aspects of Freddy's game, but I know where the character's strengths lie. Freddy is most effective when he keeps his opponent full screen away, where he has a large advantage against the vast majority of characters. If you want to win, you take advantage of your character's strengths. I do make mistakes, but when I end combos early or when I teleport instead of finishing combos, I do so entirely for positional advantages. Pig Of The Hut does so too, especially in the Kenshi vs. Cage match up.

I definitely think I can improve my footsies, but this "rush down Freddy" nonsense has to stop. Freddy cannot rush down just like Cage cannot zone. If you think Freddy can rush down, you know nothing about the character. Go use Smoke instead. He is a scrub-friendly character with simple rush down and footsies and highly damaging combos. He cannot be zoned, so you can suck at the game and still win.
Awesome rebuttal. I'm glad to see you're aware of your mistakes. I do believe Freddy has a rushdown game, but i also believe it is to be used as a backup style and only against characters that outzone him, which are few and far between. I truly think you should study these so called "rushdown freddy's" and use what you deem viable in your bad match ups instead of bashing them without an attempt at using the strategy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
I honestly think some of these people who have been saying that Freddy can rush down need to be asked to apologize in this thread.
Perhaps. Some of us play stronger to a rushdown style, like me, however both are great for freddy, more so his zoning of course. If you play rushdown with freddy you have to be ready to gamble big to earn big. I like to gamble.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Perhaps. Some of us play stronger to a rushdown style, like me, however both are great for freddy, more so his zoning of course. If you play rushdown with freddy you have to be ready to gamble big to earn big. I like to gamble.

I heard vip3r needs a wheel barrow to walk cause his balls are so huge true story. But your right though cause if you gamble and it pays off...smells like fire and pedophilia to me lol cause freddy WILL rape you

M2Dave

Zoning Master
lol pl is in his own.. he does not train with yall.. i consider him his own region...

and why am i talking to you ??? you are a ZONER RIGHT???? then how the Hell do you lose to a CAGE! 3-0???? lmao... i know its dizzy.. but still its a pretty bad match up! you cant call yourself a zoning master and lose to a cage 3-0!!!
and you beat me in casuals.. congrats.. Lol
Freddy has a small advantage versus Cage yet loses to Kabal. Nonetheless, I had rather fight you in a tournament (and beat you without a doubt) than fight Dizzy. Scar has brainwashed you into believing Freddy is some kind of rush down character because he plays the match up incorrectly. Dizzy, on the other hand, has played me on numerous occasions and understands how to win.

Perfect Legend sent me a text a few days ago asking for games. He does train with us, especially when he loses in a tournament and needs to level up.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
If freddy was meant to be stricty a zoner character neather realm wouldnt have gave the character strings at all, just glove toss, hell spike, and ex hell spike... The tools are there and are there to be used, not to be ignored as worthless, he was one of the best 50/50 in the game
The 50/50 mix up is -13 on block and there are few set ups aside from a jumping punch. Scorpion, on the other hand, can set up his 50/50 mix up game after any juggle starter.

Freddy's strings are OK. Every single character in the top 15 has better strings than he does. f+4,2,1 is nice but nothing special at -5 on block. That is one of Freddy's problems. He cannot do continuous pressure because the vast majority of his strings are negative on block.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Freddy rush down is here to be used against Skarlet and Smoke. It also may be used to make the game entertaining for the watchers.

A complete Freddy = zoning + rushdown + footsy + adapting to matchup to not freelose or picking a rdm jax because of a gameplay weakness.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
The 50/50 mix up is -13 on block and there are few set ups aside from a jumping punch. Scorpion, on the other hand, can set up his 50/50 mix up game after any juggle starter.
you literally just complained about something being -13 while envying scorpion's vortex :| scorpion's vortex is so shit compared to what freddy has, and it's just about all scorpion has going for him. b2 is -25 and a f4 spear is -27 on block and may as well be death on whiff.

if anything, go for a safer 50/50 by doing his low/overhead into glove toss so you can stay safe on block and have the advantage on hit. if it works, go in again. if blocked, oh well, wait for your chance to counterpoke and teleport back out of there. he's got a 6 frame d1 that's +13 when cancelled on hit (and +1 on block cancel) so maybe you should try to incorporate d1 teleport into your footises game to get out of uncomfortable up-close situations.

i've never touched this character so this is all theory but it makes sense in my head. /shrug

Justice

Noob
Freddy's best use of rushdown is to stall rushdown and create space for the zoning game. Not his only use, but his best.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
you literally just complained about something being -13 while envying scorpion's vortex :| scorpion's vortex is so shit compared to what freddy has, and it's just about all scorpion has going for him. b2 is -25 and a f4 spear is -27 on block and may as well be death on whiff.

if anything, go for a safer 50/50 by doing his low/overhead into glove toss so you can stay safe on block and have the advantage on hit. if it works, go in again. if blocked, oh well, wait for your chance to counterpoke and teleport back out of there. he's got a 6 frame d1 that's +13 when cancelled on hit (and +1 on block cancel) so maybe you should try to incorporate d1 teleport into your footises game to get out of uncomfortable up-close situations.

i've never touched this character so this is all theory but it makes sense in my head. /shrug
Scorpion has superior 50/50 mix ups than Freddy, but he is obviously not a superior character.

b+2 xx glove toss whiffs on hit. b+2 xx Freddy fingers can be interrupted. b+3 xx Freddy fingers is OK. None of these things are combos anyway.
Freddy fingers is -5 on block with limited push back. So when Cage, Jax, Sonya, etc. block, Freddy loses all momentum and has to block f+3, f+4,1,3, and d+4 xx MS f+1 unless he EX-teleports away.

Again, that is the character's weakness. Whatever he does leaves him at a disadvantage. That is why there is no such thing as rush down Freddy. You can do short bursts of offense, but that is about it.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
If freddy was meant to be stricty a zoner character neather realm wouldnt have gave the character strings at all, just glove toss, hell spike, and ex hell spike... The tools are there and are there to be used, not to be ignored as worthless, he was one of the best 50/50 in the game
I doubt Nether-realm wanted Kabal to be good at everything, but he is.

I think the same argument( "strictly zoner characters" which really don't exist) can be applied, with this logic, to Noob Saibot and possibly Kenshi as well, considering how well they can do it and the amount of other tools they can use. Maybe I just misunderstood your post but that's my 2 cents.