What's new

Strategy What do you think your opponent thinks?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I am pretty sure we all (most of us) hate certain character habits that we come across online consistently, and hopefully with enough pop psychology, we can all see the habits of certain character archetypes and why our opponent thinks that it is down to them, when truthfully, it is jus built into the character design.

I will give you an example; An Ermac player that thinks if he throws out a d1 or d3 on block or hit, you will crouch and that will let him get an overhead out...what else could you possibly do to stop those "low" pokes? This is just a habit and situation born out of a bad online connection, but I am pretty sure the player believes it is them.

With that sort of thing in mind, here it what I believe certain players might be thinking as they play this game, when really, that is just how the character is designed...

Shinnok players - "Man, this guy can't hit confirm pokes, he just holds block after my D4".

Liu Kang players - "Bruh, I am sooo chill at this game, look at how much this guy keeps jumping at me, and he hasn't tech'd a single throw".

Kung Jin players - "It's pretty clever how I land my NJP quite a lot, and the best part is, it's safe! Well, nothing bad happens after it, so it must be..."

Tanya players - "This guy can't deal with my mix ups, he is scared to press a button, I think I just understand how to condition people better than the opponent does."

Kotal Kahn players - "This guy can't AA for S***"

Mileena players - "My B12 spacing is god like, I just have naturally great footsies".

Kitana players - "Nobody can deal with my own signature brand of zoning, its so calculated that they can barely move"

Quan Chi players - "This is sooo easy to block, if I was against this, I would have no problem. I've learned all the MU's"

Sub Zero players - "My corner game is just too good, I've worked it out in the lab, loads."

Ninjitsu players - "I am way better than this guy, he can't space his moves out as well as I do lolooololololol".

Jax players - "My hit confirming is toooo good, I always get my pokes out before the opponent, I guess I'm just faster".

Ermac players - "This guy guesses wrong on my 50/50's, I guess I am just a mix up master".

Predator players - "I am sooooo good with this character, nobody plays him like me"

Jason players - "This character is low tier, If I win, shame on them, if I lose, no biggie, they should win anyway".

Tempest players "How come no one else uses F23 MB Hat toss? There is a low in it! I guess I am just a head of what other Kung Lao players are doing at the moment".

Takeda players - "I always hit confirm my D3, its probably the best asset of my gameplay".

Kano players - "Why would I hit confirm my safe D4 when I can not hit confirm D4 knife?"

D'vorah players - "With offence like this, I bet I would be great at other fighting games"

Reptile players - "I know F41 something works, because I do it all the time".

Tremor players - "I have a really strong mental game...when I have a bar of meter. Look how much the opponent respects me in the neutral, I guess its because my reads are soooo good".

Goro players - "This guy clearly doesn't the best way around back to back MB punch walks, I guess he doesn't understand this game like I do".

Cassie players - "I guess I'm just naturally good at fighting games"

Sonya players - "Dude can't AA, maybe I should message him and tell him to level up, I could give him some solid advice about fighting game fundamentals"

Ferra/Torr players - "This character is bottom three and I'm still beating this guy, imagine if I used a mid tier character".

Jacqui Briggs players - "I am a true fighting game player, I just lose to all this bull***t"

Ive been thinking this for a while, but I've been inspired to actually make the post following up on a @Pig Of The Hut tweet.

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Online Cutthroat: "I love how my slice is + on block because I get a free D4 99% of the time."

Kung Lao players: "Bro I'm -3 after hat spin it's clearly your turn, you should have been able to AA that instant dive kick."

Inferno Scorpions: "Just gotta do the first thing that pops into my head, he'll definitely get hit."

Cassie players: "Damn I'm so good at timing my F33 into d3's all game."

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Kano Players: "knives for days, my opponent isn't aware that I'm trying to bait out an unsafe gap closer for a pristine 112 punish.'

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I am pretty sure we all (most of us) hate certain character habits that we come across online consistently, and hopefully with enough pop psychology, we can all see the habits of certain character archetypes and why our opponent thinks that it is down to them, when truthfully, it is jus built into the character design.

I will give you an example; An Ermac player that thinks if he throws out a d1 or d3 on block or hit, you will crouch and that will let him get an overhead out...what else could you possibly do to stop those "low" pokes? This is just a habit and situation born out of a bad online connection, but I am pretty sure the player believes it is them.

With that sort of thing in mind, here it what I believe certain players might be thinking as they play this game, when really, that is just how the character is designed...

Shinnok players - "Man, this guy can't hit confirm pokes, he just holds block after my D4, I guess I just mix it up a lot".

Liu Kang players - "Bruh, I am sooo chill at this game, look at how much this guy keeps jumping at me, and he hasn't tech'd a single throw".

Kung Jin players - "It's pretty clever how I land my NJP quite a lot, and the best part is, it's safe! Well, nothing bad happens after it, so it must be..."

Tanya players - "This guy can't deal with my mix ups, he is scared to press a button"

Kotal Kahn players - "This guy can't AA for S***"

Mileena players - "My B12 spacing is god like, I just have great footsies".

Kitana players - "Nobody can deal with my own signature brand of zoning"

Quan Chi players - "This is sooo easy to block, if I was against this, I would have no problem. I've learned all the MU's"

Sub Zero players - "My corner game is just too good, I've worked it out in the lab, loads."

Ninjitsu players - "I am way better than this guy, he can't space his moves out as well as I do lolooololololol".

Jax players - "My hit confirming is toooo good, I always get my pokes out before the opponent, I guess I'm just faster".

Ermac players - "This guy guesses wrong on my 50/50's, I guess I am just a mix up master".

Predator players - "I am sooooo good with this character, nobody plays him like me"

Jason players - "This character is low tier, If I win, shame on them, if I lose, no biggie, they should win anyway".

Tempest players "How come no one else uses F23 MB Hat toss? There is a low in it!".

Tacked players - "I always hit confirm my D3, its probably the best asset of my gameplay".

Ive been thinking this for a while, but I've been inspired to actually make the post following up on a @Pig Of The Hut tweet.
Lol awesome thread

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Erron Black players - random non-hitconfirmed string into stand off stance 2, blows through armour reversal "I make amazing reads".
Sub Zero players - some poor soul tries to anti crossup his jump 1 "Opened up".

iLLmAtiCx

Hellfire
Erron Black players - random non-hitconfirmed string into stand off stance 2, blows through armour reversal "I make amazing reads".
Most Erron players like me will just be talking to themselves while trying to get people to respect 21122. "Just block low for a few seconds alrright thanks pal now I'm going to grunt really loud since my tick throw was removed and if I ex sand grenade you I'm going to send you halfway across the map while I'm only plus one. So be sure to jump over me when I use the now most predictable 21 tick throw and give me the business. At least I can still go back to being a gigolo."