What's new

Question What do you think are the hardest MUs now?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Cyber Kano loses to some characters pretty hard. GM Sub also wrecks Kano. Kotal also has some really bad matchups versus the better fireball zoners in the game.
^^^This.

Since MK1 Kano has had a losing match up to the clone. To the icy slide. The the ice puddle. To the ice shower. To the air clone and just the basic freeze.

Kano has held subs bags and spare mask since 1992.

It's no different now in 2016...*sigh*:(

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Need to run sets with a decent GM and see how bad a list MU is.. Was around 6-4 before and now sub is better and a list is way way worse

Could potential be aids now.
Oh shit, how could I forget?
Non SD Cage is free as fuck imo. His only way out of the corner does no damage, it's a shit knockdown that Cage needs to waste stamina to take advantage of, it's a high so the risk/reward is dog shit.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Game is pretty close to balanced imo. With literally 100 different play styles, it is inevitable for there to be some hard counters. I'd take the great variety over perfect balance tbh.
True, but I feel that if they want to make it more challenging, they would get rid of the EX attacks' black/white aura only for those attacks that do not have true armors. This way everyone would guess which attack is which. I mean, they wouldn't know that with the same starting animations they could mask the EX attacks, like if you do the Icy Slide, they would think that it's a normal Slide.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Fair point. I hope they'll keep the nerfs coming like they promised.
I'm not gonna call for nerfs yet because I'm not playing my character to his greatest potential yet. Once I'm at that level then I can blame my character but I have a ways to go.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm not gonna call for nerfs yet because I'm not playing my character to his greatest potential yet. Once I'm at that level then I can blame my character but I have a ways to go.
And I'll leave the nerf calling to people who invest the time and effort to be good at this game. I just know I hate some things that literally ruin my fun when I encounter them.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
High tech vs grandmaster

High tech has several terrible matchups, but this one is by far the worst in the game. I can't see how anything could be worse.

Can anyone honestly say that their matchup against sub zero is worse than high tech's? Even Jax has a better chance against sub than high tech.

Wigy

There it is...
Long set with bo vs sektor there.

so so bad

Bo has no checks for any of his shit.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Kotal vs Mystic
Kotal vs HQT
Kotal vs GM
Kotal vs Sektor
Kotal vs Boneshaper
My patience vs Mystic [1-9 lol]
Boneshaper wins vs Kotal, same with Sektor, but I don't think that either of those MU is as hard as against HQT or GM.

Winnner on the left
Sub vs Jax
Sub vs Kotal
Mileena vs Cyrax
Reptile vs War God Kotal
Sub vs Smoke
Ermac vs Sub
Predator vs Jax
Predator vs Kotal
Sub vs Cyrax
Sub vs Outlaw Erron
Tremor vs Sub
Mileena vs Sub
Sonya vs Sub
just to be sure, with Sub you mean GM and with Predator you mean HQT, right?

EDIT: also could you explain why you think that Sub loses to Tremor, Mileena and Sonya that bad? or why he beats Smoke so hard?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Oh shit, how could I forget?
Non SD Cage is free as fuck imo. His only way out of the corner does no damage, it's a shit knockdown that Cage needs to waste stamina to take advantage of, it's a high so the risk/reward is dog shit.
Even SD Cage loses now since they over nerfed him in the patch but yeah Alist is worst in that MU

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I don't think Sub looses to Tremor. At all.
I think Sub might very slightly lose the MU as a very well timed flash parry can punish a lot of Sub's tools and Aftershock deals with the clone easily midscreen, but that's far from making the MU bad enough to compare it to BRC vs HQT or GM.

YUZU_RZA

Aftershock | Crystalline | Metallic
@Tanno @SaSSolino

What I think about SUB ZERO - TREMOR Match Up in the current verson (1.14)

5 - 5 : Grand Master Vs Crystalline
4 - 6 : Cryomancer Vs Crystalline
6 - 4 : Unbreakable Vs Crystalline

5 - 5 : Grand Master Vs Aftershock
4 - 6 : Cryomancer Vs Aftershock
6 - 4 : Unbreakable Vs Aftershock

cant talk about metallic since I didnt work the matchup with this variation yet.

What do u think m8 ? @ShArp

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
@Tanno @SaSSolino

cant talk about metallic since I didnt work the matchup with this variation yet.

This is why I called you guys in this conversation since you have more experience against my boy.

You know who do I main mostly.

6 - 4 against those variations? I see...

Mind if you can tell us why do you think that it's in UB's favor? I'm not that good with Unbreakable, because I seldom confuse his special attacks with those of Grandmaster.

It happened again in Ranked, when I did confuse my GM stuff with TG Raiden's. lol.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
@Tanno @SaSSolino

I would say GM sub is atleast 6-4 Against every variation.
I agree with the Cryo
Unbreakable Imo is 6-4, or 5-5 vs Tremor. I recently played FT10 vs EXiLe Taco's unbreakable and with me not knowing that MU we ended up 7-10 I think. I was using crystalline.