What's new

What do you find the most insulting, annoying and mocking of these choices in MK9?

What do you find the most insulting of these choices online in MK9?

• Total voters
I'm an online player looking to become and offline player simply because skill is literally curtailed online where baiting uppercuts can become a legitimate strategy due to lag...

A-Train

Noob
I would say teabagging. Just dumb and immature in any game, fighting or otherwise. Crap like that is what gives gamers a bad name and reinforces stereotypes of the gamer as a social misfit trolling random strangers all day long.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I hate 360 players. Seriously you lot are a nightmare. On PS3 you'd obviously get the odd fatality but holy crap on 360 people teabag mid match! I can't have a single game on 360 without one of the above its ridiculous. Counter picking is my personal hate so I hide most of the time now. Many 360 players quit there and then as they can't counter pick.

I'm looking forward to SF X Tekken to avoid all this post win crap tbh.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Laggy reptile dashing...

also a guy called serato1988
- Laggy kunglao who only knows Teleport kick, 1,2 Throw. Also random xray.
- Rage quits 100% of the time

And i almost had a heart attack cuz mid match i was owning him and i started tea bagging, then he suddenly Yelled at the mic
"YOU FUCKING [ban incoming]!" like 120 desibels.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I hate 360 players. Seriously you lot are a nightmare. On PS3 you'd obviously get the odd fatality but holy crap on 360 people teabag mid match! I can't have a single game on 360 without one of the above its ridiculous. Counter picking is my personal hate so I hide most of the time now. Many 360 players quit there and then as they can't counter pick.

I'm looking forward to SF X Tekken to avoid all this post win crap tbh.
hey bengman ranked is full of the slimiest people lol u should play wit trustworthy people if u want u can add me fr stack is my gt .

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Heh, I played about 3 hours of offline today, and learned several new things in the process. Conversely, played 3 different peeps online, and only learned that the lost city of Atlantis still exists. Worst online offense = people using a wifi connection. Whenever I come across somebody lagging to high hell, I kindly ask them their residence. More than half the time I get no response, the other half eventually admit to using a wifi setup.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
hey bengman ranked is full of the slimiest people lol u should play wit trustworthy people if u want u can add me fr stack is my gt .
That's the other thing. I only started playing ranked as in the rooms everyone declines. When I finally get a game with a close match they quit after one game. Cool yeah I'll add you, I'm messing around with some alts at the mo so you'll have to bear with me. :)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Players who don't go to tournaments who are able.

Counter Pickers are so annoying, pick your damn characters already! Most people in ranked tag with a good record do this. So in return I make my second character hidden and then keep pressing a and b over and over to make Shao Kahn continue to laugh.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I should have added offline elitists attitude indeed lol...good post.

It's just an stupid attitude to have. I mean, just b/c some of us can't afford (me) or have no access to offline competition and tournaments means our opinions don't mean squat? That's ridiculous. A lot of us play this game just as much as offline players, and while some things may work online that don't work offline and vice versa, we know the game and we love it too.

I'm just sick of seeing ... "oh well you play online.... let's hear from someone else" and crap like that (not to me, but it's present in many posts on this site).

I seriously hope someone that plays online ends up going to one of these tournaments and destroys the competition. If only to shut the elitists up.

But don't get me wrong, I love this site (and have learned a lot) and most of the players that frequent the site, but that attitude is just dumb.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I seriously hope someone that plays online ends up going to one of these tournaments and destroys the competition. If only to shut the elitists up.
Kevo, gr8one, and FOREVER KING have done a great job representing the online world. Maybe CURBOLICOUS will be our savior. lol.

Honestly though, I do hate that "brushing off" mentality, but I acknowledge why offline players do that. For one, there are a lot of idiotic online players out there who really don't know what they're talking this. This is because of three things: 1) They play characters who can get away with shit online they wouldn't be able to offline. 2) They haven't played people at the highest level for each MU, and think they can base their opinions on random players who beat them in Ranked. 3) They don't quite understand the difference between offline and online besides the fact that, say, a character like Reptile isn't as gdlk offline (these are like two different games in terms of what flies and what doesn't!).

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Kevo, gr8one, and FOREVER KING have done a great job representing the online world. Maybe CURBOLICOUS will be our savior. lol.

Honestly though, I do hate that "brushing off" mentality, but I acknowledge why offline players do that. For one, there are a lot of idiotic online players out there who really don't know what they're talking this. This is because of three things: 1) They play characters who can get away with shit online they wouldn't be able to offline. 2) They haven't played people at the highest level for each MU, and think they can base their opinions on random players who beat them in Ranked. 3) They don't quite understand the difference between offline and online besides the fact that, say, a character like Reptile isn't as gdlk offline (these are like two different games in terms of what flies and what doesn't!).
sadly, I didn't get to see Gr8one's matches Sunday. Would have loved to since I've actually played him before.

And you're right about a lot of the online players and the 3 points you pointed out, but a lot of the people that come to this site are the ones that want to learn about the game. The people that act like the way you describe aren't really the ones looking for good competition, they are the ones consistently hatemailing, ragequitting, etc. They give everyone else online a bad name.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
sadly, I didn't get to see Gr8one's matches Sunday. Would have loved to since I've actually played him before.
Yeah, I love playing gr8one.

He eliminated Tom Brady, Lord of the Fly, and Noobe, and was one match away from Top 8, but lost to Death. This was all while adapting to the PS controller and offline. Can't underestimate online players JUST for the fact that they play online.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
^ Would be a good argument...if that was one of the choices. Besides that's relative, some people are probably too busy with life. School, work, health etc things that are actually important.
So you've been too busy every Thursday for the past year to come to VSM at least once? As well as the numerous local tournaments in the NYC area?

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
lag is the most aggravating thing, some people get away with the dumbest shit because of it. Doesn't matter what happens after the match, if they tea bag me if it was a relatively lagless match, but if they win because of not being able to punish any of their garbage then teabag and fatality or even if they don't I'm still annoyed.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Yeah, I love playing gr8one.

He eliminated Tom Brady, Lord of the Fly, and Noobe, and was one match away from Top 8, but lost to Death. This was all while adapting to the PS controller and offline. Can't underestimate online players JUST for the fact that they play online.
I hate playing him! :p .... Then again, I play Sub-Zero.
But I was rooting for all the people I've played online before. haha

No shame in losing to Death, that dude is beast... at least if it's the same guy as RM Death on xbl. I've played him before too.