Votes: 94 44.5%
  • I hate him

Votes: 42 19.9%
  • I dont know what to think

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • LMAO

Votes: 46 21.8%

• Total voters
I see it like this he's a skin with a playstyle built into him. If his move set has good tools that work well within the game what difference does it really make that it's Freddy? That's just me.

Theme

Noob
He goes to other's dreams.... Have you even seen the movie? lol

You should learn more about him before shunning him.
The context he was using it in works. Hes speaking about the nightmares in general, not literally his.

Doesn't matter to me. I won't download the compatability pack, so enjoy wasting your money when I'm playing with ya' =D
Well aren't you a bucket of sunshine.

-

I dont know if I am going to be getting Freddy. I haven't seen any of his Elm St. movies nor the remake, but I have seen Freddy vs Jason. I'm not a fan. I've seen the video once or twice. The ground claws looks decent, so does his chain. I dont know, I might give him a try. I'll see depending on the community once he comes out.

Tycho

Noob
I dont have a problem with the character or anything, it's just his moveset looks boring and didn't excite me one bit.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I don't really see what makes Krueger's movesets that unique. Ground claws were taken right from Quan-Chi's Rune (though they'll probably be like... useful or something), or just a low version of Kenshi's Telekinetic Slash. He has a standard fireball, and a low fireball, that looks like it has the same functionality as Kung Lao's low hat. A move that creates untechable time for a free combo... exactly like half the cast. And a teleport taken pretty much directly from Smoke. Yeah, NRS is really stressing the "unique" thing on this guy.

Only thing interesting about him is the fact that he's Freddy Krueger.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I don't really see what makes Krueger's movesets that unique. Ground claws were taken right from Quan-Chi's Rune (though they'll probably be like... useful or something), or just a low version of Kenshi's Telekinetic Slash. He has a standard fireball, and a low fireball, that looks like it has the same functionality as Kung Lao's low hat. A move that creates untechable time for a free combo... exactly like half the cast. And a teleport taken pretty much directly from Smoke. Yeah, NRS is really stressing the "unique" thing on this guy.

Only thing interesting about him is the fact that he's Freddy Krueger.
That's all we need. Just the fact that he's a bad ass.

I just keep thinking this...

People are always (already) saying things like how they're concerned about the lasting apppeal and longevity of this game.

I know! maybe people will take this more seriously if we put fucking freddy in the game!

Are you people out of your damn minds? This is the stupidest thing they've done yet.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine asking me which xbox he should buy, so he can get back into mortal kombat. FREDDY MADE HIM DO THIS. I mean, he used to play MK back in the day but has given up on consoles for many years now. But seriously... he is buying a console and mortal kombat BECAUSE of the Freddy announcement. Don't get me wrong, he HAS been loving the new MK from what he has seen from me playing it but it was never enough for him to go buy a console because of it. Freddy changed that for him.

Seems like NRS made the right move. They are BANKING on casual players.

This has been a bad week for MK lol. People bashing it for the Freddy thing, doubting it's future, and just last night Tom Brady practically said this game is unbalanced and BS. The super character talk and his reasons for dropping Sub Zero etc. :doh:

reptar

Noob
The context he was using it in works. Hes speaking about the nightmares in general, not literally his.

Well aren't you a bucket of sunshine.

-

I dont know if I am going to be getting Freddy. I haven't seen any of his Elm St. movies nor the remake, but I have seen Freddy vs Jason. I'm not a fan. I've seen the video once or twice. The ground claws looks decent, so does his chain. I dont know, I might give him a try. I'll see depending on the community once he comes out.
Just on the subject of the Freddy movies, I had never seen them either. Just started going through them all, and Nightmare on Elm Street 1 and 2 are pretty awesome. Freddy vs Jason is a very lame example of Freddy... that was the cheeseball horror era.

DCT

Noob
I honestly don't care that Freddy was added as a guest character it's just that he's a payed DLC one I don't care to pay for a guest character if Warner bros. or NRS(who ever idea it was to have him) they should of made him free or hell made him a free 360 exclusive to make up for the PS3 having Kratos and 360 users having squat which honestly they should of did this in the first place since it shouldn't of been that hard since WB now owns the Nightmare license.

As for the whole it's going to ruin MK reps, I never heard anyone questioning SF X Tekken's rep for having Cole yeah he's a system exclusive but how the hell is that any different? I would love for someone to give me a serious and intelligent reason why it would be different. I doubt anyone can though.

DCT

Noob
just last night Tom Brady practically said this game is unbalanced and BS. The super character talk and his reasons for dropping Sub Zero etc. :doh:
Practically and actually coming out and saying it are two different things you know the former generally means that someone is taking something one said out of context and the latter implies the person in question actually said it, which last I heard Tom didn't say verbatim that the game was unbalanced and BS.

In future can people please stop jumping to conclusions it's how petty stupid arguments start.

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
Freddy doesn't turn the game into any more of a joke than another palette-swap ninja would. I mean, I don't think it's really saving them memory anymore guys...

Compared to Kratos he does kinda look like he popped out of Kreate-a-Fighter though.

I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine asking me which xbox he should buy, so he can get back into mortal kombat. FREDDY MADE HIM DO THIS. I mean, he used to play MK back in the day but has given up on consoles for many years now. But seriously... he is buying a console and mortal kombat BECAUSE of the Freddy announcement. Don't get me wrong, he HAS been loving the new MK from what he has seen from me playing it but it was never enough for him to go buy a console because of it. Freddy changed that for him.

Seems like NRS made the right move. They are BANKING on casual players.
I also like to use individual examples to prove that something makes sense overall. So your friend is going to play MK now because of freddy. If 500,000 people decide not to play this game and stop considering it because of this, is it still a good choice because your friend is one example of someone who's going to play it?

You can't use individual situations to prove points about overall impacts, and conclude from ONE example that NRS made the right choice. That's just foolish, and well, a flat out incorrect conclusion.

I also like to use individual examples to prove that something makes sense overall. So your friend is going to play MK now because of freddy. If 500,000 people decide not to play this game and stop considering it because of this, is it still a good choice because your friend is one example of someone who's going to play it?

You can't use individual situations to prove points about overall impacts, and conclude from ONE example that NRS made the right choice. That's just foolish, and well, a flat out incorrect conclusion.
Septic is right about this one...the only people who are pissed off are hardcore MK fans...All the casual players that I have talked to think this is the coolest thing since sliced bread...and there is alot more of them than us.
Hell ive got a buddy here at work who is buying a PS3 and MK aswell...just because of Freddy...NRS will bank on this DLC no doubt and people need to get over it.

doomfarmer

unorthodox

Ah you must be one of the angry ones. That's cool man... I just told the story cause I thought it would be relevant to the thread. I never said anywhere in my post about my story PROVING anything so I don't know why you said that. I said NRS is banking on the casual players, THAT is fact. Who do you think guest characters are targeted to? I'm not the first person to tell a story about a casual player getting excited for the game. Won't be the last either... ChAsESaVaGe, prime example, thank you! Sultani If you want to talk about paper thin arguments and lack of real proof where the fuck are you getting your numbers from LOL? If 500,000 people stop playing this game of course that would suck. BUT WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT. I'm trying to figure out why your post was so defensive, Salty-ni.

Anyway... I AM a hardcore fan (from the beginning of the series) and i'm okay with the Freddy thing. It's random, but whatever. It's not any worse than Kratos, and I don't think 500,000 people stopped playing because of Kratos. In fact I thought the PS3 version out sold the XBOX version 3 to 1? I could be wrong. But if that's true i'd say it's pretty safe to think NRS is going to make some money off the Freddy DLC. It's just COMMON sense, not "an individual example to prove something makes sense overall". That was the point of my post... common sense.

So RELAX BRAH. (mk fans are weird sometimes...)

I'm getting him, but that's just because I want NRS to have as much of my money as possible. Plus he looks kind of cool. I don't feel like getting into the pros and cons of guest characters. I haven't really liked any DLC characters so far. I'm still playing as the 6 I always play as. But for completion's sake, and for the sake of NRS to make MK10, and because I'm a NoES fan, I'm getting it.

So RELAX BRAH. (mk fans are weird sometimes...)
Nah Freddy supporters are weird. :)

People who are buying MK9 "just for Freddy" are not even real MK fans. And by that I mean they'll probably drop this game in one or two months.

They're not even part of the MK community and couldn't care less if MK9 has a spot at next year's EVO. So more casuals buying the game because of a guest character is not going to change anything in MK9's chances of survival.

People who will jump on MK9 now and realize how buggy the game actually is will not be interested to continue playing it. Simple as that. Why play this buggy game when SSF4 and MvC3 have no bugs at all? Especially considering the poor quality of online, the crappy training mode and the amount of bugs NRS has yet to fix.

There's 2 years and 10 new characters between SF4 and SSF4. And SSF4 waited a whole year before releasing AE and 4 new characters with improved replay channel. Now THAT's what I call good timing.

I still don't get what the rush was. Why did we absolutely NEED those 4 characters right away? They could have released Skarlet next year and it wouldn't have really mattered.

See the problem to me is timing and priorities. They should've fixed MK9 first, THEN released DLC characters. That way, all that Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain and Freddy hype would've actually been useful and not a wasted opportunity.

I still think UMK9 is this game's only hope to survive. Fix the damn game's problems and re-release it. That's what needs to be done. But they need to take their time. Don't rush it NRS.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Nah Freddy supporters are weird. :)

Guys like your friend who are buying MK9 "just for Freddy" are not even real MK fans. And by that I mean they'll probably drop this game in one or two months.

They're not even part of the MK community and couldn't care less if MK9 has a spot at next year's EVO. So more casuals buying the game because of a guest character is not going to change anything in MK9's chances of survival.
I don't why people keep reading into my posts so much. I didn't say anything about the casual players, or new comers via Freddy, having ANYTHING to do with supporting the game longer than a month, they have NOTHING TO DO WITH EVO. You guys are just arguing for the sake of arguing. I SUPPORT THIS GAME. I am AWARE most of the newcomers will not last in the FGC. ALL I SAID was NRS is going to make a lot of money from this whole thing. Why do you guys keep trying to call me out on topics I didn't even touch?? Some of you need to be politicians.

Note to self: Never quote septicflesh because he takes everything way too personal. :p

I never pretended you touched on one of those topics or that you didn't support this game, you're just being a little paranoid. In fact my post has nothing to do with you and your opinions. I just quoted you and took your friend as an example.

So RELAX BRAH. (Freddy supporters are weird sometimes...)

I mean for all we know some of these people could pick up this game just for Freddy and when they realize they don't know how to use him they get online for tips stumble upon one of many great sites like this and see what kind of following MK has and stick around you never know.
And so what if they buy it and drop it in a month....they just handed their money over to NRS either way and the more money they get from this the better chance for a new improved MK10.....thats why I say bring on Freddy.