What's new

Match Footage - Thunder God (What did i do wrong?) R.T.Y vs KhaoticRaptor

Long post incoming...

@RTY Kind of wish more forum members did this, so respect to you. I think one of the best ways to improve is to rewatch your play with fresh eyes, and also gain some insight. It helps a lot in improving yourself as a player.

I don't own MKX, so unfortunately I can't be as much help. However, I couldn't help but notice a few things. Here are my thoughts

Dropped a few combos leading to potential corner damage/pressure:

Here are just some examples. In the first gif you and Redraptor are still trying to feel each other out in neutral in the beginning, but he has the lifelead. The drop I feel is critical because it would have pushed Redraptor in the corner and helped even out the lifelead or at least reduce it. Could have altered the tempo of the match as well.

Here's another drop that would have put red raptor in the corner. After the drop, it actually reversed positions and later red raptor pressured you into the corner. Considering that Redraptor hit almost every single one of his combos without dropping them, this caused a huge gap in the life lead.

Punished on wakeup:

Redraptor got a nice chunk of damage punishing your wakeups. I also noticed that out of the 17 times you were knocked down you woke up 8 times in the set you played (47%) which is fine.

However, you woke up 7/9 times when red raptor pressured you (77%). By pressured, I mean either ran up and did nothing to bait a wakeup, or by initiating pressure. I'm sure red raptor caught on to the tendency which lead to these punishes.

Also take note that every punish he got on you came right after you woke up when he ended in Fist Furry. Could be a tendency you might not have noticed in your play.

Unsuccessful jump ins:

(anti-air by overextension)

(read)

Overextension is when a player attempts to reach farther that what is safe or doable with their character (by either jump in or whiff punish attempt), resulting in the person getting punished. I felt you overextended yourself on a few jump ins.

The first anti-air was just sick, so I can't blame you for that one. The second one was done to far out of jump in range, making more easier to react to. The last one, red raptor must of caught on to your tendency to jump in certain situations.

Also at 37:34 you overextended yourself with the jump in and got caught in a string leading to a combo. In 39:58, you overextended yourself allowing red raptor to run in during the recovery frames of the jump for a successful grab.Unfortunately I cam only do 8 gifs per post so I can't show this.

There were definitely some good parts of this match by you that I liked. For example, the superman in neutral at 38:12. If that was a pure reaction, that was sick, and would like to see more of that reactionary play in neutral. Best to go into practice mode and see what strings/projectiles you can raw react to.

There are some other parts as well that I feel have already been mentioned (throwing the opponent out of the corner, matchup knowledge, etc). I think you could do a lot better, it just looks like to me you weren't able to set the pace of the match or get in your comfort zone. Once red raptor got going he was able to use that momentum throughout the rest of the set, and set the tempo.

TL;DR: Land your combos to lead to corner pressure and potential damage. Jump from more effective ranges. Try to mixup your wakeup game when pressured. Redraptor took advantage because there was very little he had to respect and the life lead widened.

Just my thoughts, I'm positive you'll do better the next time.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
At 38:15, after you Speared him into the corner, you got too overzealous with the run in and were asking to be bopped by the NJP.
At 38:25, you should have gone for the 50/50 instead of jumping in.
At 38:30, he was waiting for the wakeup Shocker.
At 38:50, he's looking for the jumps at that point and is instantly reacting to them.
At 38:54, he's waiting for the panic Superman because your health is low.

RTY

Noob
Long post incoming...

@RTY Kind of wish more forum members did this, so respect to you. I think one of the best ways to improve is to rewatch your play with fresh eyes, and also gain some insight. It helps a lot in improving yourself as a player.

I don't own MKX, so unfortunately I can't be as much help. However, I couldn't help but notice a few things. Here are my thoughts

Dropped a few combos leading to potential corner damage/pressure:

Here are just some examples. In the first gif you and Redraptor are still trying to feel each other out in neutral in the beginning, but he has the lifelead. The drop I feel is critical because it would have pushed Redraptor in the corner and helped even out the lifelead or at least reduce it. Could have altered the tempo of the match as well.

Here's another drop that would have put red raptor in the corner. After the drop, it actually reversed positions and later red raptor pressured you into the corner. Considering that Redraptor hit almost every single one of his combos without dropping them, this caused a huge gap in the life lead.

Punished on wakeup:

Redraptor got a nice chunk of damage punishing your wakeups. I also noticed that out of the 17 times you were knocked down you woke up 8 times in the set you played (47%) which is fine.

However, you woke up 7/9 times when red raptor pressured you (77%). By pressured, I mean either ran up and did nothing to bait a wakeup, or by initiating pressure. I'm sure red raptor caught on to the tendency which lead to these punishes.

Also take note that every punish he got on you came right after you woke up when he ended in Fist Furry. Could be a tendency you might not have noticed in your play.

Unsuccessful jump ins:

(anti-air by overextension)

(read)

Overextension is when a player attempts to reach farther that what is safe or doable with their character (by either jump in or whiff punish attempt), resulting in the person getting punished. I felt you overextended yourself on a few jump ins.

The first anti-air was just sick, so I can't blame you for that one. The second one was done to far out of jump in range, making more easier to react to. The last one, red raptor must of caught on to your tendency to jump in certain situations.

Also at 37:34 you overextended yourself with the jump in and got caught in a string leading to a combo. In 39:58, you overextended yourself allowing red raptor to run in during the recovery frames of the jump for a successful grab.Unfortunately I cam only do 8 gifs per post so I can't show this.

There were definitely some good parts of this match by you that I liked. For example, the superman in neutral at 38:12. If that was a pure reaction, that was sick, and would like to see more of that reactionary play in neutral. Best to go into practice mode and see what strings/projectiles you can raw react to.

There are some other parts as well that I feel have already been mentioned (throwing the opponent out of the corner, matchup knowledge, etc). I think you could do a lot better, it just looks like to me you weren't able to set the pace of the match or get in your comfort zone. Once red raptor got going he was able to use that momentum throughout the rest of the set, and set the tempo.

TL;DR: Land your combos to lead to corner pressure and potential damage. Jump from more effective ranges. Try to mixup your wakeup game when pressured. Redraptor took advantage because there was very little he had to respect and the life lead widened.

Just my thoughts, I'm positive you'll do better the next time.
Wow man you are awesome thank you so much for all your effort and time!