What's new

Breakthrough - Takeda We made it. (10/3/2016) patch notes for Takeda

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Also as for the damage nerf: I wanna say Ronin lost about 2% across the board on combos. As for as I can tell SR didn't lose any major damage. Maybe a total of 2-4% because I was getting easy 32-36% off my old 1bar bnbs. I don't play Lasher so I can't really say but I know I got an easy 32% off a basic bnb

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
There was no definitive top 5 tbh but Ermac was considered S tier which is why I said he was top tier
I'd say high A tier simply because he wasn't broken. S tier imo was the characters who were broke. Ermac was strong but abusive.

But at the end of the day I agree. Ermac was in fact a top tier character. Just not one of the needs to be nerfed ones.

I'd say high A tier simply because he wasn't broken. S tier imo was the characters who were broke. Ermac was strong but abusive.

But at the end of the day I agree. Ermac was in fact a top tier character. Just not one of the needs to be nerfed ones.
IDK about that his damage meter build etc was pretty OP he isn t in consideration for top 3 right now for nothing

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
IDK about that his damage meter build etc was pretty OP he isn t in consideration for top 3 right now for nothing
Right now for sure. As I said, he was strong before and everyone got nerfed around him. Ermac rises further from the ashes of the broken top tiers and Takeda keeps his spot as a more fair character

Right now for sure. As I said, he was strong before and everyone got nerfed around him. Ermac rises further from the ashes of the broken top tiers and Takeda keeps his spot as a more fair character
the Takeda right now is no Ermac in XL but whatever I think EX BF2 is meh tbh

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Also as for the damage nerf: I wanna say Ronin lost about 2% across the board on combos. As for as I can tell SR didn't lose any major damage. Maybe a total of 2-4% because I was getting easy 32-36% off my old 1bar bnbs. I don't play Lasher so I can't really say but I know I got an easy 32% off a basic bnb
My 1 bar 45% for ronin turned into a 1 bar 44%

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I was doing his b21/b3 dropkall stuff and instead of getting 40% I was getting 38%. Same with his f122+4 drop exkall. I was getting 32% I think and I'm pretty sure it used to be more.
Yeah don't forget about the new ones too like Ex BF2 rc 4 Blade Kall D1 B11 DF1

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
  • Takeda - combo damage scaling adjustments and increases. Buff
  • Takeda - F+1,2,2+4 & F+1,2+4 is now -24 on block (down from -21) Nerf
  • Takeda - Tornado Strike no longer has armor. Nerf Universal Change
  • Takeda - Fist Whirlwind now has 2 hits of armor and NO longer automatically launches the opponent without being enhanced. Buff & Nerf
  • Takeda - Tri Kunai has 10 less blockstun frames and reduced push-back Nerf
  • Takeda - B+2 now has 25 startup frames (up from 24) Nerf
  • Takeda - F+4 is now +4 on block (down from +9) Nerf
  • Takeda (Shirai Ryu) - Shirai Ryu Phase NO longer has armor on wakeup. Nerf Universal Change
  • Takeda (Lasher) - Whip Flurry now has 2 hits of armor and no longer automatically launches the opponent without being enhanced. Buff & Nerf
  • Takeda (Lasher) - Whip Flip NO longer has armor. Nerf
  • Takeda (Ronin) - B+2 now has 20 startup frames (up from 15) Nerf
  • Takeda (Ronin) - adjusted the hit region of B+1. Nerf
  • Takeda (Ronin) - B+1,1 is now -2 on block (down from 0 on block) Nerf
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Blade Summon NO longer has armor. Nerf
  • Takeda (Ronin) - added 5 additional recovery frames to Quick Kall if the opponent is blocking. Nerf
Update made easier to read. In TYM Notation 1=FP 2=BP 3=FK 4=BK U=Up D=Down F=Towards B=Away

Update with color to make certain areas pop out, add a flare and Notation. With side note of my thoughts!

Last edited:
They mentioned that they corrected the frame data. I've found a few errors. I wasn't looking for them I just was looking at how to use tornado strike as it is -6 on block. -6 for all the types of tornado strike. The ex version, tornado kick I think, is the unsafe one which is -16 on block. They've muddled them up basically. Just thought I'd share that.

Shirai Ryu is literally garbage now. He has no wakeups besides bf2 which you can not get any damage because you have to use 2 bars to launch. EX TP is now extremely useless. It has no use besides in a combo which it is much easier to just do a block string that can be cancelled with bf1 or bf2 delay MB, if you do this it is a one bar launcher. They generally nerfed njp delays which was really useful to takeda it gave him a close up game. Now thats gone. They fucking ruined him. In my opinion the nerfs was too much. It heavily affected not only Ronin but all variations.
Nope

• Takeda - combo damage scaling adjustments and increases
  • Takeda - F+1,2,2+4 & F+1,2+4 is now -24 on block (down from -21)
  • Takeda - Tornado Strike no longer has armor
  • Takeda - Fist Whirlwind now has 2 hits of armor and no longer automatically launches the opponent without being enhanced
  • Takeda - Tri Kunai has 10 less blockstun frames and reduced pushback
  • Takeda - B+2 now has 25 startup frames (up from 24)
  • Takeda - F+4 is now +4 on block (down from +9)
  • Takeda (Shirai Ryu) - Shirai Ryu Phase no longer has armor on wakeup
  • Takeda (Lasher) - Whip Flurry now has 2 hits of armor and no longer automatically launches the opponent without being enhanced
  • Takeda (Lasher) - Whip Flip no longer has armor
  • Takeda (Ronin) - B+2 now has 20 startup frames (up from 15)
  • Takeda (Ronin) - adjusted the hit region of B+1
  • Takeda (Ronin) - B+1,1 is now -2 on block (down from 0)
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Blade Summon no longer has armor
  • Takeda (Ronin) - added 5 additional recovery frames to Quick Kall if the opponent is blocking
Update made easier to read.
Thanks I'll update with this

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Shirai Ryu is literally garbage now. He has no wakeups besides bf2 which you can not get any damage because you have to use 2 bars to launch. EX TP is now extremely useless. It has no use besides in a combo which it is much easier to just do a block string that can be cancelled with bf1 or bf2 delay MB, if you do this it is a one bar launcher. They generally nerfed njp delays which was really useful to takeda it gave him a close up game. Now thats gone. They fucking ruined him. In my opinion the nerfs was too much. It heavily affected not only Ronin but all variations.
Lol what? I think you might be over reacting, you just have to slightly adjust your play. Not to mention sr you STILL have the hard to blockable. technically lasher has it too but it was never really useful to us, but you still have you tele cancels from f12 2+4, the f12 stagger into grab etc. pretty much only thing that was changed was damage scalingAlso lasher is still 100% in tact. Don't know what you are talking about heavily affected all variations, hell it didn't really affect lasher at all