What's new

Tech - Swarm Queen Wasp Grenade Option Select

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I'm sure somebody figured this out already but...

F11~ex wasp grenade,d,d+block (you must enter it all very quickly)

On hit you get ex wasp grenade + full combo
On block you just get F11 which is neutral or +1

Good way to hit confirm off her footsie string or end your WGC pressure.
Dial an option select, yay. :REO

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
Yea, I think many of us have gone to the lab to see what works, but it's good to have a thread about it.

I hate this, but either learn to do it, or get bopped...

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Yea, I think many of us have gone to the lab to see what works, but it's good to have a thread about it.

I hate this, but either learn to do it, or get bopped...
Yeah I didn't like it so I just started practicing confirming, since you don't cancel into ex wasp grenade until really late. Its entirely confirmable but you have to be quick with the input.

The OS is annoying but its a good tool to have if you get tournament jitters or just prefer this way.

Quantus

You have more honor than me, haha. I don't want to get caught with a knife at a gun fight.

Also, you don't need to use dd+bl like pig does, any inputs with work. I personally do F1,1xx(EX)DF1, FF. I do this because my thumb is alread resting on forward after DF1, etc etc

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
You have more honor than me, haha. I don't want to get caught with a knife at a gun fight.

Also, you don't need to use dd+bl like pig does, any inputs with work. I personally do F1,1xx(EX)DF1, FF. I do this because my thumb is alread resting on forward after DF1, etc etc
Whatever works but you might just buffer a dash that way. d,d+block is the safest thing you can do in a sense. Mashing d+block also works well, as Pig said.

Quantus

Whatever works but you might just buffer a dash that way. d,d+block is the safest thing you can do in a sense. Mashing d+block also works well, as Pig said.
I never thought about the issue with getting dashes, but I haven't run into that issue yet. I think the window to get a dash might be a little late to be a problem, but it's something to keep in mind for sure.

Quantus

Update on how I've been incorporating the OS. I need to work on the execution, but the basic idea is still to get F11xx(EX)WG on hit, but now on block I get F112xxWGCxxWhatever

Of course, after practice, and with proper execution, you ideally still get 2 Cancels (allowing for more F112s or b1/f22 mix-ups) rather than the one I got in this recording.

The inputs (ignore that mess in the log) are simply [F11 df1+block F2xxWGC]. The F2 is what you must practice the timing on. (the f directional is to eat the EXWG, btw)

Last edited:

mountlover

My fingers hurt.
Update on how I've been incorporating the OS. I need to work on the execution, but the basic idea is still to get F11xx(EX)WG on hit, but now on block I get F112xxWGCxxWhatever

Of course, after practice, and with proper execution, you ideally still get 2 Cancels (allowing for more F112s or b1/f22 mix-ups) rather than the one I got in this recording.

The inputs (ignore that mess in the log) are simply [F11 df1+block F2xxWGC]. The F2 is what you must practice the timing on. (the f directional is to eat the EXWG, btw)

Yep, this is my go-to D'vorah optionselect. Very powerful, although it also requires a tricky confirm to work on block (confirm the f112 with another WGC). It's interesting that you're pressing f2 to negate the wasp, though. What I usually do input the wasp as df12, plinking the 2, but keeping hold of the 1, then continuing the run cancel with the timing I'd normally use on hit. If done at just the right time, you get f11,df1,run cancel on hit, and f112 on block, which you then have to confirm into another WGC.