What's new

General/Other Walking Corpse random whiffs

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Very often when I use walking corpse, Solomon hands go through the opponent's body without grabbing him.
It happens very often, and I don't find any logical reason for this.
Today I wasn't able to grab superman during his bf3, and Luthor while he was using the laser beam.

Did this happen only to me? I guess it's a hitbox problem, NRS should fix this.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Black adams B23 string also makes it whiff. It has something to do with characters being considered airborne during certain strings or specials, from what i can tell!

Black Adams lightning strike meter burned will also cause the whiff. A mate of.mine Helped me test, any other throa could just grab Adam, its something specific to walking corpse.

Asodimazze

Black adams B23 string also makes it whiff. It has something to do with characters being considered airborne during certain strings or specials, from what i can tell!
No I don't think it has to do only with the opponent being airborne.
I am not able to catch Lex while he is using the Laser beam, Wonder Woman while using the lazo, catch a lot of characters while they are doing certain strings/specials.
It's just not right to get damage while armoring the attacks, whiff the grab without a reason and being heavily punished for that.
These hitbox problems should be fixed asap if possible hecterrific colt

Edit: I tested WC against one random character (Sinestro) just to make it clear that this move is totally bugged.
In only 10 minutes of testing, I know that WC against:

df2 (only in a few of the last frames)
112, after the first hit
1b23, third hit
b13, second hit
b2

Imagine how many moves we discover that WC can't catch without a reason if we test this against every character.
Please fix this NRS.

Asodimazze

Guys may I ask your help to make a list of all the moves against which walking corpse whiffes?
The list will be put in the hitbox problems thread and hopefully nrs will fix this.
I don't have time to do this alone at the moment, but on monday I'll check a few characters

its not a bug

these moves are shifting the hurtbox. You have to learn to deal with it.
For a lot of them I really don't think he should. I've been playing my mates Grundy a lot with Adam and every time EX LS, b23 and 11 just have the throw not connect and he still takes the damage from them, I think he should be properly rewarded. So is it really all the characters or just the ones with fly stances who might just be airborne a lot more? I see Lex mentioned and he's probably the first non floaty(Supes, WW, Lantern, Sinestro, Adam, might be forgetting someone) I've seen it mentioned.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
There are moves in the game that have frames of throw immunity.

Usually its only a few frames... but if your grab hits those frames you whiff. It isn't a bug.

Asodimazze

I played in a local yesterday and whiffed a lot of times playing against Batman while he was throwing out some strings. Today I also whiffed against KillerFrost a few times...I'm sure if we check all the moves Walking Corpse can't catch we will find tons against every character (doesn't matter if he is floating or not).

STB CharlieMurphy why do you say this shouldn't be fixed? It's clearly a problem if WC doesn't connect in situations where it clearly should (Watching Grundy hands pass through Lex while he is using the orbital attack makes me cry everytime...if you want I make a video of that so you can cry too)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I played in a local yesterday and whiffed a lot of times playing against Batman while he was throwing out some strings. Today I also whiffed against KillerFrost a few times...I'm sure if we check all the moves Walking Corpse can't catch we will find tons against every character (doesn't matter if he is floating or not).

STB CharlieMurphy why do you say this shouldn't be fixed? It's clearly a problem if WC doesn't connect in situations where it clearly should (Watching Grundy hands pass through Lex while he is using the orbital attack makes me cry everytime...if you want I make a video of that so you can cry too)
because its built into the game

Its not a bug. The characters are in frames of throw invulnerability. It is just part of the game.

Xenrail

Noob
fix? the special already seems godly with free armor and now that you can tech cancel it into a string it's even more godly. if anything i'd like to see the 3 hits for armor changed to 2

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
fix? the special already seems godly with free armor and now that you can tech cancel it into a string it's even more godly. if anything i'd like to see the 3 hits for armor changed to 2
no, dont even suggest that. how dare you...

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Found that Sinestros 3 makes you immune to WC as well, especially good since its a 10 frame attack with some good properties.