What's new

Wake up roll input.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Honestly I'd like to know too. I still don't how to do the air escape either to be honest.

Anybody could help?

f+stance forward roll, b+stance back roll, you gotta do it kinda lateish, when character is getting up, timing isnt so easy, uses a def bar
btw hold stance for delayed wakeup
Ah, if that's the case the wake-up rolls can be changed to just a simple left/right double-tap and leave the left trigger just for the delayed wake up. Again this is just a observation/suggestion. I wont lose any sleep if they leave it as it is.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Idk why they have it as stance switch to begin with. It means that button only has one instance in which it's useful. Might as well just simplify it and make it block or interact

trufenix

bye felicia
Idk why they have it as stance switch to begin with. It means that button only has one instance in which it's useful. Might as well just simplify it and make it block or interact
both mkx and inj2 had problems with inputs pulling double duty, that's why all the functions have been seperated. You'll be thankful when you don't lose a match from accidentally jumping off a car in the background halfway through your corner bnb.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I just learned holding stance switch does delayed wake up sweet now ill actually get used to using that button making wake up roll work eeeep!!!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah I don't like how the roll mechanic works or the newer wake up system, I feel neither come out consistently.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Can you delay wakeup AND perform a wakeup attack? Or just delayed wakeup?

Also

Can you delay wakeup THEN perform a roll? Or just regular roll?

Combo escape comes out when I try. The roll I cannot get it to work. My guy just changed stances. Why not just one of the two buttons not used by the wake up attacks?

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
The stance button is the best button for this. I think it should be for breakaway as well. When you are transitioning between combat states, the ambiguity of actions sharing buttons is dangerous. I might break away when I meant to block low because I thought the combo ended/hadn’t begun. If a different, currently unused button while otg, allowed wake up actions then I might roll instead of immediately S1ing upon standing. In such a neutral heavy game, transitions are too frequent to risk shared buttons.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Combo escape comes out when I try. The roll I cannot get it to work. My guy just changed stances. Why not just one of the two buttons not used by the wake up attacks?
It sounds like you’re trying to roll while standing, you must be knocked down. You also press, not hold, Stance+direction right as the animation to get up begins.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Kinda feel like we need to move away from making certain inputs "difficult to do".
It adds nothing to the gameplay. If anything, it takes away from the game experience that you have to break your hand doing something as trivial as a defensive roll.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
flip stance is used with some other moves and stuff.

you can use 3+4 instead btw
Please don't turn the game into Virtua Fighter for button inputs though. :(
The community is alight with disapproval about certain inputs.

fr stack

THANK GOD! I'm glad to know this.

I change my controls to where L2 is block, R2 is interact, and R1 is throw. That means roll is stuck on L1... which sucks ass. lol

So 3+4 is awesome!
L2 as block? U maniac wot made u do that is there another fighter using l2? I use r1 for mine

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
L2 as block? U maniac wot made u do that is there another fighter using l2? I use r1 for mine
Well, before MK9 I was never a fighting game player. I was more into halo and gears of war and shooters like that. What does one hold down a lot in shooters? L2 or the LT (on xbox, I used to be an xbox diehard). That's the thing you always held down because it was the aim down sights button so for long periods of camping or scoping looking for people or even just quick shots in gears.

Thus, in MK9, holding RT all the time was bugging the fuck out of me and it felt more natural on the other side. Basically making the left side of the control the movement or lack thereof (blocking) and the right side, just like in shooters, the fuck you buttons.

Ever since then, I've always swapped my controls to make it like Mk9 where I had L2 as block. In this game though, because of the way the buttons are set up, having block on L2 makes certain inputs (rolls and fatal blows) awkward af. lol

fr stack

i see now it makes sense :) ive always had trouble doing x rays mid kombo cause one butron is trigger and one is button lol seems to be fuckin me over also in this new one too hehe

The fact that you need to time the roll is so stupid, I really hope they change it. I'm also having a lot of issues with air escapes, I keep mashing down + block and it seems to work 1/3 times...