What's new

vs Batman

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Lobo's ji1 is fast as hell and if you anti air with it on read I think you can get a pretty nice combo, no? I haven't looked for one off of that as a startup... anyone know what the optimal followup there would be?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
A keepaway Batman is way more lethal against Lobo in my experience, when he's trying to advance on you you'll hit him with more of your spacing tools, but if he has no interest in dealing what that in the slightest and would rather throw bats and trait, you'd usually be in for some frustrating shit.

Dunno how much better that is now Lobo got more fullscreen options though.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
A keepaway Batman is way more lethal against Lobo in my experience, when he's trying to advance on you you'll hit him with more of your spacing tools, but if he has no interest in dealing what that in the slightest and would rather throw bats and trait, you'd usually be in for some frustrating shit.

Dunno how much better that is now Lobo got more fullscreen options though.
Its a LOT better. Nuke shot knocks Bruce down for 13% a pop. You can pump shot on reaction to his baterang start up, too. Lobo meter burns it for 28%, Bats will not want to get hit with another one of those. Every time I hit him clean, I reload back to two shells. He will eventually come in.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Its a LOT better. Nuke shot knocks Bruce down for 13% a pop. You can pump shot on reaction to his baterang start up, too. Lobo meter burns it for 28%, Bats will not want to get hit with another one of those. Every time I hit him clean, I reload back to two shells. He will eventually come in.
I love the range on shots now, makes matches like the shazam matchup way more manageable.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Lobo's ji1 is fast as hell and if you anti air with it on read I think you can get a pretty nice combo, no? I haven't looked for one off of that as a startup... anyone know what the optimal followup there would be?
I follow it up with 1,2, Czar Toss to whatever follow ups after I land.

Flagg

Noob
Is 113 xx czar toss possible? Or do they fall too fast for the 3 to connect?
Sure you can but it depends on where they are in the air when you use 113.

Personally I use 12 into CzarToss in most of his strings. With 12 you can also go for his anti air grab or 1+3 grab, which is great I'd you want them in a corner or close to you

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I imagine that would work also, depending on how far they fall from Lobo. 1,1,3 should work now that I thinkg about it, but I just use 1,2 because I don't think about it. 1,1,3 is definitely a better follow up.

StevoSuprem0

I imagine that would work also, depending on how far they fall from Lobo. 1,1,3 should work now that I thinkg about it, but I just use 1,2 because I don't think about it. 1,1,3 is definitely a better follow up.
I'm thinking it might be better, but less consistent perhaps, as Flagg also just suggested. I usually stick to 12 in most cases for comboing into czar toss in combos because I find it to be more consistent against all the various character hit boxes in this game. I need to check out what the optimal combos are now. Not sure if they've changed a bunch since I played him for a month or so after he came out!

StevoSuprem0

Damn, yeah, you guys were right. For some reason, Lobo's B/F3 are not able to be parried, but the rest of the casts' can be. I guess it's a property of the fact that he shoots the gun for them rather than doing a physical move. Cool stuff. I wonder if WW can parry it with her projectile parry.....?

The Krish360

Absolute Scrub
I played over 2000 games with batman so listen up.

Batman's 223 string can be interrupted with a d1 after 22. I don't know how good Lobo's d1 is so you're gonna have to test it in the labs.

113 can interrupted after d1 after 11. Just like the 223 string.

If you want to know how to block his j2, you're just gonna have to practice with another Batman player to figure out the range. It's actually easy to block once you know the hitbox. Plus, if you can block Batman's j2, you can block any other crossover in the game. His j2 is nothing magical once you know how to deal with it.

If he tries to cross you over with trait, jump back and hit him with your biggest hitbox air attack (sorry I don't know any of Lobo's moves). Even if he hits you with his j2 when you're attempting to do this, he won't be able to get a big combo off or will just be forced to b23 and settle for about 20ish% damage.

On wakeup, you shouldn't worry about parry. Nobody ever uses Batman's parry more than once every 30 games. If he likes to slide, bait it. Pretend you don't see it coming and then quickly crouch block. The rest of his wakeups are extremely punishible and obsolete.

You just have to be patient when playing against Batman respect his pressure. His wakeup game is the vulnerable. So you should take advantage of that.

If he has you at full screen, carefully dash in and watch out for grappling hook. You're gonna be forced to play very good defense in this matchup