What's new

Strategy - Quan Chi [Video] Quan Chi "Quanfather Swagger" Combos + Mixups

Man I have been seriously considering switching to Summoner Quan, and I for sure will if Shinnok doesn't get buffs soon))
Once liu kang got nerfed and I realized how one dimensional he is I instantly made the jump to quan and haven't regretted it since. if you want to talk about this game being unbalanced, quan feels like 2x the character liu kang did, especially after those nerfs

taking my day 3 quan to a local tournament tommorrow that I suspect will be filled with mostly casuals who will shit bricks at the sight of quanfusion swag tactics

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I could kiss both you and NRS. Thanks man.

EDIT: So I'm guessing the cool down isn't THAT significant then. I'm guessing it just means we don't get a free bat after ex rune to lock people down full screen?

Sakishiro

Hunting season is open...
idk man. It seems you can't get out the bat after 141 ender in the corner as fast anymore which means the opponent should have more time to do armor wake ups thus making the Njp with bat mix up a lot more risky.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Damn I wish I could test. I'm sitting here thinking, "Okay, how much time passes after the Bat, 141 ender... Can't be less than a second, right?"
I see what you're saying though, even a fraction of a second throws the timing off. On the plus side, people have been trying to delay wake up against me which would still give me a free bat.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Nevermind, just do 1 before 141, problem solved lol XD
That would change the pre trance combo in some cases though, wouldn't it?. With some of them the gravity only allows you to get a 141 out after the f2122, bat fb, 141 ender.

Last edited:

Sakishiro

Hunting season is open...
I actually managed to get in a 1 before 141. The timing is quite strict though. The first 1 needs to hit the opp as high and fast as possible after Fbat in order for 141 to connect.

Can't wait to practice this stuff. Chef, its incredible nice of you to share this type of stuff with everyone. A lot of the character forums on here aren't so lucky.

How do you deal with certain wakeups? I am very sure a lot of characters can get through the set up loop. Goro EX Punchwalk for one and teleports...unless my timing is off

Mid screen I end my combo into F21 as it keeps the opponent closer for vortex. But corner I end in 141 but like I said some wakeups just blow it up. Slides, teleports, Goro just walking out for free #EXPunchWalk