What's new

Valley Stream Monsters Return 10.12.12. Followed by 24 hr Charity Stream!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
It's been some time now that we've had some Thursday night action from New York and folks... the time is coming. The official return date where "VSM will RISE" will be on Friday, October 12th. As far as details and who all is going to be there - those details are a bit discreet right now but we may be seeing VSM's newest member, Check in attendance!

However, to add to the excitement for the weekend, Phil and team will be running a 24 Charity stream (details on the stream here) with even more surprises. Again, those being in attendance is still being kept discreet but partially due to 'confirming' with everyone we're trying to get. Phil is obviously doing everything he can to organize this and put on a great show. We're aiming to make this a huge weekend for the community.

For those unaware, Phil lost his Mother a couple years ago to multiple sclerosis (M.S.) and the first charity stream we ran about a year ago had a great success and was also dedicated in loving memory to her.

Ready for hype for VSM?
knk.jpg

Attachments

It's been a while since i posted around here, and i figured this was best time to post if there ever was one.

For a long time i have been active in traveling for casuals in Mortal Kombat. 2005 to be exact. I have traveled through Florida during MKA and part of MKDC until i moved to New Jersey. From 2009 and on i have continued to strive and get more people involved in the offline scene, traveling to the Bronx, VSM, Local Battles and Yestercades.

Through all my years of traveling and doing combos to promote offline play, i always wondered when, if ever, would the community grow away from online play and move towards offline.

It was one of the proudest moments of my life going down to CEO and watching Mortal Kombat 9 be played in Grand Finals and watching the reaction of people. But tournaments come and go. They are not every week unfortunately, and having that part continued support day in and day out is what i always strived for to inspire other players to do so. This is what VSM provides.

Watching players grow into the best they can become. I am glad to be a part of that. I am glad to have helped pave the way for this to happen. I did the best i could to get there, but obviously being in school has made it hard. Since giving up my entire life in Florida to move to New Jersey 3 years ago for college, i have had friends such as Phil and Shock, who have been there for me, and helped me through these tough times. MK is my escape from the daily stresses of life, and we should all be enjoying it together.

Thanks to everyone at VSM for allowing me to be a part of your family. Let's look positively into the future and always be each others family. I look forward to spending the day with Phil during his charity event. You can look forward to a lot of surprises in store for the event. It's going to take a lot of heart and dedication to endure, and i am more than ready for it. I hope you all tune in for both days. And thanks to Phil for allowing me to participate in this.

Take care, everyone.

-VSM Check

nothin but love for Phil. and i will be watching that charity stream for shizzle (run some PSN Tag2 ^_^). might rake out some pennies too. ^_^