What's new

USB is loose/broken...

ChuckFiasco

"I'm the 12th best Sub-Zero player in the world."
Im looking for some around the Cincinnati, Ohio area that can fix my PDP fight stick. Seems to be the USB port has some sort of bad connection. And yes, I've tried multiple cables. I would like to have it hardwired in the sense that its not actually a plug but literally connected to the stick it self. Any help would be very appreciated!

Tim Static

Adminerator
I'll keep asking around....but i do know some peeps who do great work, but dont live in the Cincy area. So you'd have to pay for shipping (twice) and the work being done.

ChuckFiasco

I'll keep asking around....but i do know some peeps who do great work, but dont live in the Cincy area. So you'd have to pay for shipping (twice) and the work being done.
Im gonna take it to a few local computer places around here that do repairs & what not. Im hoping a solder or something came loose & it will be a easy fix. Drop me a line if you hear of any people around cincy though. I tweeted [MENTION=24]Arcade[/MENTION]legends...no response yet. Thx man!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Im gonna take it to a few local computer places around here that do repairs & what not. Im hoping a solder or something came loose & it will be easy fix. Drop me a line if you hear of any people around cincy though. I tweeted [MENTION=24]Arcade[/MENTION]legends...no response yet. Thx man!
yea will do.

[MENTION=24]Arcade[/MENTION]legends is jesse, the guy who owns and runs Arcade Legacy. Good dude, should know someone who can help.

With what your wanting to do, which is basically gonna be getting and soldering a whole new PCB with a cord attached. might be a pain. :/

ChuckFiasco

yea will do.

[MENTION=24]Arcade[/MENTION]legends is jesse, the guy who owns and runs Arcade Legacy. Good dude, should know someone who can help.

With what your wanting to do, which is basically gonna be getting and soldering a whole new PCB with a cord attached. might be a pain. :/
Hardwiring it isnt a necessity. But getting it fixed ASAP is! I cant play on a pad AT ALL!

ChuckFiasco

My stick is currently in the ICU of a local computer repair shop around here. The guy acted like he could fix it. Fingers crossed!

ChuckFiasco

Well...the guy I took it to couldnt fix it. Apparently he found a loose connection on the circuit board and didnt "feel comfortable" resoldering a new connection to it. So off to [MENTION=24]Arcade[/MENTION]legends it goes. God I hope they can fix it there. Dont really want to buy a new stick. But if worse comes to worse I guess Im out of options.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Well...the guy I took it to couldnt fix it. Apparently he found a loose connection on the circuit board and didnt "feel comfortable" resoldering a new connection to it. So off to [MENTION=24]Arcade[/MENTION]legends it goes. God I hope they can fix it there. Dont really want to buy a new stick. But if worse comes to worse I guess Im out of options.
At the very worst you could get it completely modded with a new pcb or even dual modded so you can use it on either console. You are far from having to buy a new one. ;)

ChuckFiasco

At the very worst you could get it completely modded with a new pcb or even dual modded so you can use it on either console. You are far from having to buy a new one. ;)
Do you think its even worth it if it costs me more than $100? Saying I dont get it modded of course. I'm as tight as a bongo drum with my cash and with Xmas coming I get even tighter!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Do you think its even worth it if it costs me more than $100? Saying I dont get it modded of course. I'm as tight as a bongo drum with my cash and with Xmas coming I get even tighter!
well even with shipping and labor if you cant find someone local, i think its worth it. but maybe after xmas or something.

ChuckFiasco

well even with shipping and labor if you cant find someone local, i think its worth it. but maybe after xmas or something.
Well I talked to Jesse from arcade legends and he was fairly certain they could fix it. Hes expanded the arcades capabilities with console repair. So Im guessing he found some sort of electrician to work with him. I honestly dont understand why the guy I took it couldnt do it. I really think he was just a little intimidated by it. I think hes more used to just replacing hardware and getting rid of viruses on laptops.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Well I talked to Jesse from arcade legends and he was fairly certain they could fix it. Hes expanded the arcades capabilities with console repair. So Im guessing he found some sort of electrician to work with him. I honestly dont understand why the guy I took it couldnt do it. I really think he was just a little intimidated by it. I think hes more used to just replacing hardware and getting rid of viruses on laptops.
Awesome. Jesse is good peoples. Tell him i said hi :)

but yea, probably could but wasnt sure about it. oh well. Im sure Jesse will have the help needed or know someone who can. :)

Sasuga

Noob
Well...the guy I took it to couldnt fix it. Apparently he found a loose connection on the circuit board and didnt "feel comfortable" resoldering a new connection to it. So off to @Arcade legends it goes. God I hope they can fix it there. Dont really want to buy a new stick. But if worse comes to worse I guess Im out of options.
Didnt feel comfortable resoldering? Wat -was- he gonna do...

ChuckFiasco

Didnt feel comfortable resoldering? Wat -was- he gonna do...
I guess he was afraid he might ruin the circuit board if it wasnt done properly? Fuck...I dont know. Frankly I dont care. I JUST WANT MY STICK FIXED!!!

ChuckFiasco

So I got in touch with Arcade Legacy last night and he said he could fix my stick but it would take about a week to wait on the parts to come in. Cant wait that long. Just cant! So Im off to my local Gamestop to purchase the classic MK fight stick.

ChuckFiasco

Picked up a Klassic MK fight stick today. I LOVE IT!! I have to admit when I saw the graphics on the Klassic version I wished I had gotten that one instead of the TE. It all worked out in the end though.

aj1701

Noob
Picked up a Klassic MK fight stick today. I LOVE IT!! I have to admit when I saw the graphics on the Klassic version I wished I had gotten that one instead of the TE. It all worked out in the end though.
Nice, I was thinking about getting one of those and modding it. I think they're pretty easy to mod.

ChuckFiasco

ok good. get it dual modded or whatnot. make it your tourney stick.

of course with better buttons, sticks and switches :p
You read my mind. But I was thinking about doing that to the Klassic stick. I really dig the old school graphics.

ChuckFiasco

When my girlfriend saw the Klassic stick she says

"Why is it ugly?"

Me "Blasphemer!!!"