What's new

Video/Tutorial [UPDATED w/ PART 2] REO and Tom Brady respond to the "overreacting to Deathstroke"

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
okay rude much? I was just trying to find some neutral ground...how can you help people with a bad mu that will still be a bad mu. i think you're just bullshitting for nothing. I mean if you're so good go pick up characters you think slade bodies.
No, you don't want to find a neutral ground, wanted to talk about me for nothing. I'm not here waiting for someone to give me something that i can get by my own efforts, i haven't given you any reason to tell me that shit.

And don't said and don't think i'm the best player, just said that with the characters i chose i don't have difficulties. I may be mistaken here for a while or haven't found good Deathstrokes players ahead, but today i don't have any problem with him.

I don't understand the reason which took you to speak about me, i'm not the subject of the topic dude.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
The Problem isn´t DS itself, it´s the mechanic in the game. Too many heavy zoners, unblockable stage interactables, Jump away interactables, stage transitions wich restarts the match mid screen, a lot of tools which are in the zoners favour. DS laughs about armor and again, dashblock isn´t a viable option to neutralize Deathstrokes "gameplan". Now i´m very annoyed about the game. 50% of the online matches are against zoner, but I have the dashblock Joker, so it´s no problem. It isn´t fun to play and it´s not very entertaining. A medicore experienced DS Player is untouchable for Green Arrow (my main). Ahhh, I have an Ice Arrow, to stock him up is a guaranteed Gunshot + one Gunshot onblock and i think DS can block my Arrow too, isn´t it? Maybe i´m totally wrong. If my Arrow is blocked, he gets a free Gunshot again + one onblock. Please don´t come up with "bad matchup", a matchup where one char have no viable options against a char who relys on one move, is not a bad matchup, it´s bullshit. DS doesn´t need to be nerfed, NRS should buff him, make his strings safer and his gunshots count as a single hit projectile and then the cards will be reshuffeld
I agree that the mechanic is in favor of zoners and I dont like it but it doesn't mean it is wrong per se, they could make it interesting and fun, but when you see a DS player spamming the same move without effort while you have to make a lot to effort just to shorten the distance then it becomes boring and bring an unfair feeling. I hope they make a little change despite the fear to get new kanos.

I agree that the mechanic is in favor of zoners and I dont like it but it doesn't mean it is wrong per se, they could make it interesting and fun, but when you see a DS player spamming the same move without effort while you have to make a lot to effort just to shorten the distance then it becomes boring and bring an unfair feeling. I hope they make a little change despite the fear to get new kanos.
lol if deathstroke is spamming the same gunshot move and you cant get in you have gone full retard.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
lol if deathstroke is spamming the same gunshot move and you cant get in you have gone full retard.
dont be stupid, I'm talking about casual players, they arent going to hit the lab until they can deal with deathstroke, they play few hours a week for fun and thats all, but if you see they complaining in the first week of the game release then it is very bad for business, and if it turns bad for NRS it will affect the FGC that support their games.

dont be stupid, I'm talking about casual players, they arent going to hit the lab until they can deal with deathstroke, they play few hours a week for fun and thats all, but if you see they complaining in the first week of the game release then it is very bad for business, and if it turns bad for NRS it will affect the FGC that support their games.
you dont need to hit the lab to learn the fight. theres plenty of ds players online its simple trial and error. after 2 games i was good to go. i dont know how you guys are all having problems especially online where he is the very definition of flow chart and all his options are punishable for 40%+. and my last post i was simply highlighting how stupid all this extreme exaggeration sounds, though admittedly i was being a dick.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
you dont need to hit the lab to learn the fight. theres plenty of ds players online its simple trial and error. after 2 games i was good to go. i dont know how you guys are all having problems especially online where he is the very definition of flow chart and all his options are punishable for 40%+. and my last post i was simply highlighting how stupid all this extreme exaggeration sounds, though admittedly i was being a dick.
Trial and error? They are CASUAL players, maybe you're an "amazing great player" and they are "dumb duffus players" but the FACT is that they have trouble with dealing deathstroke using by other CASUAL players.

I know you think so.
no im just learning that clearly a vocal portion of our community is borderline retarded. when i play the shit i expect people to cry about is superman, black adam dive kick, and dooms day. but i hear this deathstroke shit when hes probably not even a top 5 character.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Trial and error? They are CASUAL players, maybe you're an "amazing great player" and they are "dumb duffus players" but the FACT is that they have trouble with dealing deathstroke using by other CASUAL players.
Listen man, mk9 has 160% combos, did it make the game die because the casuals stopped playing because of that? No

This front paged post is completely unecessary and quite stupid. The video has nothing informative other than a very situational punish with one character. Deathstroke does have a few losing matchups but that doesn't mean he isn't a problem for some characters. Characters that have to approach the traditional way, that lack projectiles and/or teleports get blown up because of the way Deathstroke works and this games mechanics. Some characters that have projectiles can't even counter zone deathstroke. First you have to block, then move. By the time you reach him, you ate a shit ton of chip damage and he has meter. Now, at mid range, your options are very limited with most characters since this game doesn't have traditional footsies. At mid range, you have to guess right or you can get sent full screen again. Now, how do I approach? Is he going to do the sword flip? Is he going to hit me with his low starter for a 35-40% combo? Is he going to grab me? Is he going to do his b2 overhead starter and launch me full screen again? Deathstroke has a bunch of options, he isn't strictly zoning. I'm speaking of strictly offline play BTW.

Now onto Online. Deathstroke is untouchable due to the piece of shit netcode and input delay this game has. It's a disaster online where wakeup attacks seldomly work, inputs randomly drop, standard BNB's are not viable etc. Imagine the casuals and comic book fans that bought the game to go online and play as their favorite super heroes/villains when they encounter a deathstroke that can zone and space properly. After a while, they'll start complaining and flooding message boards or just drop the game. It's all one giant mess.

This front paged post is completely unecessary and quite stupid. The video has nothing informative other than a very situational punish with one character. Deathstroke does have a few losing matchups but that doesn't mean he isn't a problem for some characters. Characters that have to approach the traditional way, that lack projectiles and/or teleports get blown up because of the way Deathstroke works and this games mechanics. Some characters that have projectiles can't even counter zone deathstroke. First you have to block, then move. By the time you reach him, you ate a shit ton of chip damage and he has meter. Now, at mid range, your options are very limited with most characters since this game doesn't have traditional footsies. At mid range, you have to guess right or you can get sent full screen again. Now, how do I approach? Is he going to do the sword flip? Is he going to hit me with his low starter for a 35-40% combo? Is he going to grab me? Is he going to do his b2 overhead starter and launch me full screen again? Deathstroke has a bunch of options, he isn't strictly zoning. I'm speaking of strictly offline play BTW.

Now onto Online. Deathstroke is untouchable due to the piece of shit netcode and input delay this game has. It's a disaster online where wakeup attacks seldomly work, inputs randomly drop, standard BNB's are not viable etc. Imagine the casuals and comic book fans that bought the game to go online and play as their favorite super heroes/villains when they encounter a deathstroke that can zone and space properly. After a while, they'll start complaining and flooding message boards or just drop the game. It's all one giant mess.
why does everyone say some characters cant deal with deathstroke and never name said characters?

why does everyone say some characters cant deal with deathstroke and never name said characters?
I'll give you one. Bane. I've played the matchup at least 50 times and Bane gets his ass raped. The venom gimmick wont work when approaching unless you pop it to level 3 since DS's projectiles are multiple hits. You know what happens when you do that? You go into withdrawal and get blown up for your efforts. You have to just approach him the traditional way and when you get in, try and stay in or it's game over.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
mk9?game die? what the fuck are you talking about? GTFO idiot, read it again and dont waste my time.
Hey man no need to get offensive. I did read your post and all i could make out of it is that u demand nerfs so the casuals keep playing. Thats why i responded. Calling me names aint gonna make u look smarter.

I'll give you one. Bane. I've played the matchup at least 50 times and Bane gets his ass raped. The venom gimmick wont work when approaching unless you pop it to level 3 since DS's projectiles are multiple hits. You know what happens when you do that? You go into withdrawal and get blown up for your efforts. You have to just approach him the traditional way and when you get in, try and stay in or it's game over.
so 1 character? thats what all this crying is about?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Hey man no need to get offensive. I did read your post and all i could make out of it is that u demand nerfs so the casuals keep playing. Thats why i responded. Calling me names aint gonna make u look smarter.
Sorry about that, im proceeding to edit it.

so 1 character? thats what all this crying is about?
If you're referring to me crying, You're dead wrong. I was making an analysis and gave my reasons why I think so and so is the way it is. You won't hear me asking for buffs or nerfs, I can care less, I'll just counterpick. But to blatantly deny that some characters don't have an answer for Deathstroke is delusional. My opinion is to leave deathstroke how he is. If your main loses to him either adapt, counterpick, or drop the fucking game. Simple.

If you're referring to me crying, You're dead wrong. I was making an analysis and gave my reasons why I think so and so is the way it is. You won't hear me asking for buffs or nerfs, I can care less, I'll just counterpick. But to blatantly deny that some characters don't have an answer for Deathstroke is delusional. My opinion is to leave deathstroke how he is. If your main loses to him either adapt, counterpick, or drop the fucking game. Simple.
it wasn't pointed at you sry if it seemed that way its just i personally haven't played a character that cant easily deal with deathstroke yet i see people constantly saying there's some/many characters that cant deal with it yet no one says what characters. i guess they are scared of being proven wrong.