What's new

UPDATE: Notes gathered from NRS's demonstration stream.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Scorpion
- Ex Teleport seems to have armor until he fades from the screen.
- Flame Aura increases scorpion's damage and chip output, and also will deal 2% damage every 50 frames (nearly 1 second) to anyone who stands near him, this means even if you trade a hit with flame aura and you win a combo, the longer you stand near him hitting him, you will lose some health, unless you do ranged combos with projectiles.
- Flame uppercut is also a command Normal present in the hellfire variation, along with inferno, the move is replaced with up slash in ninjutsu variation.
- On Inferno variation Flame uppercut launches fullscreen, on today's stream from hell fire launches a bit far than upslash, but is still comboable by run, teleport, spear, it can also be a corner launcher.

champdee

Noob
· Sub Zero – command grab leaves standing.

· Sub Zero – Ice ball will crush other projectiles.

Loving those, and liking everything about quan... seems like he's got some real cool potential with setups..

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Remember our concern about Clash messing with the momentum of the match in Injustice? That turned out to be fine.
I'm just concerned is all.
I skipped Injustice so I don't catch the reference, haha. But I get you. No harm in voicing concerns early.

trufenix

bye felicia
A universal move that gives 50/50 does this. One character may have slower attacks that you can see coming and block on reaction and another character may have faster or similar moves that are mixups that are difficult to block on reaction. This gives a significant advantage to the universal MB throw right?
And I get that, but the reality is the characters that have those buttons already have natural advantage. All MB throw does is level the playing field and let everyone create those situations instead of the two or three characters that are blessed with them naturally.

It's the same way that MB B3 gave everyone an opportunity to do and armored launcher instead of it being limited to the two or three blessed characters.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The throw MB didnt' seem to give a HUGE advantage... and it didn't complete the throw... rather it kinda shoved them into a disadvantage.

It is interesting... and might be a nice little momentum keeper for characters that aren't spitting out huge chunks of damage.

Again... i do not mind the idea of a 50/50... as long as there is a not safe option in said 50/50 so that I can win the exchange.

The game overall looks great. Walk speeds alone are terrific. Movement is fluid.
I honestly can't wait to see what the lab monsters can do with combo's and the run mechanic. I can't wait to see how much more normals are used. I watch Kano do that leap knee normal and see a low crush type move.

Kotal had a leaping double fist that also looked like it crushed lows.

This game looks awesome. The stream idea is awesome. I still wish we'd know if you can tech a throw while holding block!!!! but alas, maybe next stream.

FOXSOLID

Noob
People never use Scorpion's teleport cancel. Am I the only one who sees this as a huge game changer for him? This is on top of the fact that it no longer tracks.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Tyler is a marketing guy, he probably has no input on the mechanics of the game anyway.

I trust that NRS is taking care of things. The guys behind the super high level part of the game may not be as good at public speaking or dealing with a huge audience, who knows?
Then take those guys, give them a stick/controller for the stream, and let someone else do the talking.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
They are probably busy you know, working on the game.
I dunno man. They may not exist. joking/notjoking lol. They might just wait for the testers to show up. Let's be honest, how many useless strings are there in most NRS games? How many non-utility moves are there? I think they have somewhat of a grasp, but they really leave a lot up to the testers and community. It's weird and it gives way to a lot of patching. While not good or bad necessarily, it isn't too surprising since this is only their 3rd game that is even remotely geared competitively.

Take a look at the first few SF games--they're fun, but some of the attack design and mechanic decisions were whack. That said--NRS seems to be improving at a faster rate than any developer I've seen. They've made HUGE strides with each game and I have no doubt that this will be a great, albeit not perfect, fighter.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
People never use Scorpion's teleport cancel. Am I the only one who sees this as a huge game changer for him? This is on top of the fact that it no longer tracks.
You're talking about MK X teleport right? Because I don't recall being able to cancel it in MK 9 or previous MK's.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Quan Sindel

I wish that they don't do the Injustice thing again where the announcer doesn't say when the next round starts. It can get annoying because if you wanna throw out Special Moves on the frame you might have to resort to mashing or physically counting.

Bring the "FIGHT!" back please.

MKF30

Yes, holding down will make it so he just teleports without the attack.
Ah ok that's what that is, I saw that in a few other vids but thought it was an extra evade teleport move like a fake teleport that just evades for space you know but didn't know that by holding down, that's awesome I'm totally going to use that. Good point, maybe people don't realize what it does or forgot about it? lol

FOXSOLID

Noob
Ah ok that's what that is, I saw that in a few other vids but thought it was an extra evade teleport move like a fake teleport that just evades for space you know but didn't know that by holding down, that's awesome I'm totally going to use that. Good point, maybe people don't realize what it does or forgot about it? lol
Yeah man, it opens up so many mind games. The one guy playing as Scorpion just ex teleported every chance he got. Got a little annoying lol...I was almost shouting...FAKE HIM OUT MAN!!

MKF30

Yeah man, it opens up so many mind games. The one guy playing as Scorpion just ex teleported every chance he got. Got a little annoying lol...I was almost shouting...FAKE HIM OUT MAN!!
Totally. Good for totally fool someone trying to punish a tp, do the fake one and hell fire instead lol or something.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
Quan Sindel

I wish that they don't do the Injustice thing again where the announcer doesn't say when the next round starts. It can get annoying because if you wanna throw out Special Moves on the frame you might have to resort to mashing or physically counting.

Bring the "FIGHT!" back please.
Same here, I hate that they've done this. Why break the tradition now after all these years?

The devs in the chat did say this was an older build, same one from Gamescom, but Quan Chi is there.

Here's hoping they fix this issue before the game is out, and also when the announcer says fatality after the player wins, not before.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Totally. Good for totally fool someone trying to punish a tp, do the fake one and hell fire instead lol or something.
Lol exactly, it's gonna be a great punishing tactic for whiffed moves. I can just see full combo punishing galore.

Calling it now...Scorpion will be straight WHOOPASS tier.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm glad ppl are forgetting about Scorpion, because he will be so good in this game, aside that his tele is a huge game changer, the fact that he can cancel in any variation already puts scorpion into a different league among all others, not only because his core game with spear and take down are his universal special moves, but even without any variation he already looks really strong.

In Ninjutsu his mixup game is really strong because he has a overhead starter and a low starter, and both are fast, and the range of his attacks becomes larger.

In Hellfire, he gains a projectile which is dash cancelable, a unblockable projectile that setup reactions on hit, a command launcher that is safe on block and has a freaking special move that deals damage over time just by standing near him, it doesn't matter if you're blocking or your hitting scorpion, as long as flame aura is active, it will chip you 2% per second as long as you stand near him, without forgetting that this same special increases his damage output.

In Inferno he still has a command launcher that is safe on block, can limit his opponents mobility with the summons that comes from above, behind and can trade with projectile with the summoning that comes from the ground to capture purposes, while he is all over the place with teleport cancels, spears to keep you in check, and of course, Hellish Spear.

Without forgetting that in any variation his low starter is really fast, he can hop over low attacks with his bonsho kick, or the hard knockdown overhead which i believe it will lead into some nasty setups.

I know TYM isn't much of a scorpion fan, but you guys gotta admit, scorpion looks awesome, definitely the character i'm going to pick if any of my girls didn't make to the final roster, i'm

I'm glad ppl are forgetting about Scorpion, because he will be so good in this game, aside that his tele is a huge game changer, the fact that he can cancel in any variation already puts scorpion into a different league among all others, not only because his core game with spear and take down are his universal special moves, but even without any variation he already looks really strong.

In Ninjutsu his mixup game is really strong because he has a overhead starter and a low starter, and both are fast, and the range of his attacks becomes larger.

In Hellfire, he gains a projectile which is dash cancelable, a unblockable projectile that setup reactions on hit, a command launcher that is safe on block and has a freaking special move that deals damage over time just by standing near him, it doesn't matter if you're blocking or your hitting scorpion, as long as flame aura is active, it will chip you 2% per second as long as you stand near him, without forgetting that this same special increases his damage output.

In Inferno he still has a command launcher that is safe on block, can limit his opponents mobility with the summons that comes from above, behind and can trade with projectile with the summoning that comes from the ground to capture purposes, while he is all over the place with teleport cancels, spears to keep you in check, and of course, Hellish Spear.

Without forgetting that in any variation his low starter is really fast, he can hop over low attacks with his bonsho kick, or the hard knockdown overhead which i believe it will lead into some nasty setups.

I know TYM isn't much of a scorpion fan, but you guys gotta admit, scorpion looks awesome, definitely the character i'm going to pick if any of my girls didn't make to the final roster, i'm
Might be right there with u bro, scorps, Kotal, and sub are the 3 characters that have striked my interest the most, but we will see..