What's new

General/Other - Alien Unofficial Official Xenomorph PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the trailer and only noted that Alien/Xenomorph killed Baraka but he is somehow closely linked with him? I don't understand the link

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
It has to do with the Life Cycle of a Xenomorph and who/whatever the serves as the host for the Chest Buster. Basically a Xenomorph takes on the physical attributes of who/whatever serves as the host for it while it is an embryo growing inside of the host. So the Life Cycle goes something like this

1st. Queen Xenomorph lays the Eggs

2nd. Face Huggers come out of the Eggs and find a host for the Xenomorph embryo. In this case a Tarkatan. Once it finds a host for the Xenomorph embryo it attaches it's self to the host and injects the host wit the Xenomorph embryo.

3rd. Once the Xenomorph embryo has grown and is ready to leave the host it burst out of the host as a Chest Buster. Like it did with the Tarkatan in the KP2 trailer.

4th. The Chest Buster finishes growing into full grown Xenomorph with physical attributes of it's host. Which is why at the end of the KP2 trailer it has Tarkatan Blades.

Xenomorph Life Cycle
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Xenomorph_life_cycle

Hope this helps clear up any confusion on why the Alien/Xenomorph in the KP2 has Tarkatan Blades ;)

After Alien there was a stupid retcon to the Alien making it a hybrid organism that takes characteristics from the host. It was originally in Alien 1 and 2 a parasitic concept. So your confusion is understandable if you have only watched the good films... as all the other crap is just that crap.

That's actually a really cool concept

@iSuckAtFightingGames : I've actually never seen any of the movies but I heard of the legendary feud between Alien and Predator...

So basically it takes tarkatan abilities (Baraka's blades) and assimilates them into their own? wow!

well, I preferred the original "parasitic" idea but yes.. that is how it is now.

As for the game.. one of the things not many people are talking about is that each variation could be a different source. Like there are a number of races, besides human in MK... so we could have each Alien Variation take some of those aspects. So the three variations all have different base MK character abilities.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
After Alien there was a stupid retcon to the Alien making it a hybrid organism that takes characteristics from the host. It was originally in Alien 1 and 2 a parasitic concept. So your confusion is understandable if you have only watched the good films... as all the other crap is just that crap.
Good point. This Alien/Xenomorph in MKX could very well have variations based on other MK characters.

Also that's true. After the Third Alien film with the arrival of the Runner Xenomorph (Dog Xenomorph) the concept of the Xenomorph taking on the physical attributes of the host become very poplar.

Also the "Alternate Egg Theory" raises some interesting points. Originally in the 1st Alien film the idea was going to be that the Xenomorph somehow cocoons it's prey turning them into an Egg which later hatches a Face Hugger that seeks out a host for the Xenomorph embryo.

Alien: Extended Cocoon Scene

Last edited:

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Alien must be a footsie zoner but with a rushdown variant
I think it all depends on how Netherrealm Studios handle implementing Tarkatan Blades into the Alien/Xenomorph's move set. Either way I'd imagine with Tarkatan Blades that the Alien/Xenomorph should have some solid range on it's normals at least.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Wait? Wouldn't Kotal Kahn's hand get melted off before he could even rip the Alien/Xenomorph' heart,Ha! Either way I think Netherrealm Studios are just going to go with the suspended disbelief route like they did with Superman and say "It works because it's a Video Game".

Last edited:

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
If they had any balls they would mod all the fatalities to have the blood kill them as well : )
Wow, I haven't thought of that angle before,Ha! Yeah, that really would be brave of Netherrealm Studio to do that. Especially after all the negative reactions to Alien/Xenomorph being announced for KP2. Could you imagine how players would feel if performing a Fatality on the Alien/Xenomorph killed their character too!?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
This is the best news I've seen for MKX since release. Most excited I've been since release

Dog/Bull Varation- Low to the ground and hard to hit due to being on all fours (maybe one of the Outworld dogs is a host?), hits hard, headbutts and tail stabs are heavy attacks, is fast but has poor durability for balancing reasons. Pretty much a glass cannon.

gibster13

A fan of fans
UNIVERSAL
An armoured charge (does not launch)(basically barakas from mk9)
A low starter plz
A universal projectile ?

VARIATIONS

Drone- Rushdown and speed.
Faster normals perhaps consisting of those blades
A second stance on all fours working like military stance in covert ops sonya (an overhead and a low)
Mixups for days

Praetorian (royal guard)-Some huge alien (some have been found to have shields on their forearms)
Pure footsies and damage similar to kotal
More tail normals ?
It will die for the Queen so this could be the variation that when it bleeds it does damage to the opponent over time.
It is a brute so give it a cmd grab where the mouth inside its mouth (lol) enters the opponents brain and does damage as well as gains some health

Queen (my favourite)- A zoner
Footsies with d4 (probe using his huge tail)
Throws egg traps on the floor (like lex in IGAU) and when standing on them opponent takes dmg
Face hugger projectiles that explode on impact but if held input they stick
Call other aliens in the match (like inferno scorpion)

thanks for ideas and stuff

@Crimzon-ET
@others

I pray he is good ;-;

God Confirm

I hope they don't give him a phoned in backdash like Predator just cause hes big. The alien should have good mobility and should honestly have the best backdash in the game, balance him around that please NRS

God Confirm

I think there should definitely be a defensive variation, with ways to convert off opponents rushing in blindly, perhaps whiff punishing with a low profile all fours opener, or being hard to run at with his reaching normals, perhaps a variation unique special for this

Alien always capitalized on sneak attacks and skirmishes and his prey not knowing what they were in for / underestimating him. Hope at least one variation of his gameplay reflects that

Last edited:

gibster13

A fan of fans
I think there should definitely be a defensive variation, with ways to convert off opponents rushing in blindly, perhaps whiff punishing with a low profile armour or being hard to run at with his reaching normals, perhaps a variation unique special for this

Alien always capitalized on sneak attacks and skirmishes and his prey not knowing what they were in for / underestimating him. Hope at least one variation of his gameplay reflects that
The idea of my Praetorain variation is pure defence :D This type of alien has shields on his forearms

God Confirm

The idea of my Praetorain variation is pure defence :D This type of alien has shields on his forearms
Wow just gave that a proper read, your suggestion is amazing, especially him doing passive damage from playing on the defence, and the extra tail normals. Your vision there is basically exactly what I'd love to see in a variation. Fingers crossed. Alien will be by main regardless however. I've wanted this more than anything

gibster13

A fan of fans
Wow just gave that a proper read, your suggestion is amazing, especially him doing passive damage from playing on the defence, and the extra tail normals. Your vision there is basically exactly what I'd love to see in a variation. Fingers crossed. Alien will be by main regardless however. I've wanted this more than anything
Ikr i hope ors doesn't mess this up and make him shit tier

God Confirm

In all fairness to NRS, one thing they've nailed is fighting styles. They are really good at making people fight like they should and strings buttons and even combos look fluid as hell. There is a lot of real life martial arts techniques being displayed by KL and LK for example, but almost all characters look legit as hell they play, and as far as crossover DLC goes they really did the Predator justice, hell they even managed to make Jason not look ridiculous in a fast paced fighting game somehow, so until I see otherwise I have full faith in NRS to do Alien right! Can't wait

Side note, Noob would look epic in MKX. But he's so popular he will probably be brought out to move a million units of their last KP. He's their big guns for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.