What's new

General/Other - Unbreakable Unbreakable Review 2.0.

zoofs

bless
Wait, so you can string a B12 opener into 242 without needing Iceball scaling? Can you please tell me what damage this does, B12xxAura, 242, RC, 123xxSlide?

Also I think you should be able to put a JiP before the 242, anything that strings into 242 should string into Ji1 or Ji2, may be wrong but worth checking
b12 aura 242 run 123 slide does like 27% i think, and yeah a jip should be possible but can't test it atm

zoofs

bless
Can he do Shatter combos in the corner with his shield up?
I don't understand the question, do you mean parry shield?

if you just mean using ex bomb with aura activated yes, b12 aura b12 ex frost bomb, b2, d1, b12 slide links for 39% I believe

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
How much extra damage can we get out of Cryomancer now compared to before?

zoofs

bless
How much extra damage can we get out of Cryomancer now compared to before?
check out that other cryo thread first but it's pretty good lol, like high 40s in the corner 1 bar and 45% midscreen 1 bar off a b2, haven't even tried 111, b12, f42 or any other starters yet

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
@UsedForGlue I don't think we are ever going to get less recovery on the parry and i think I know why.
They don't want us to use the parry on projectiles, they want us to use aura to negate the chip damage and have the parry as a risk/reward tool in close combat.
I wouldn't have any problem with using the parry like that if the aura would gain meter for every projectile that you block with aura activated.
Think about it, why shouldn't unbreakable be rewarded with meter for taking the right action to negate zoning chip damage, especially in matchups where you have to deal with low and mid projectiles.

As for cryo not getting a better njp and gender specific combos not getting solved, I atribute that to sheer lazyness.

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
I couldn't help but laugh when they say "GM is the defensive" variation haha retards.

Please confirm these people actually help develop the game or not? Because I guess that would explain a lot of the balance issues lol.
Unless they meant to hide behind the clone all day?

Last edited:

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yea...

The MB Aura doesn't give any "Advantage" from anything other than F4. You are 0, and maybe +1 at most.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yea...

The MB Aura doesn't give any "Advantage" from anything other than F4. You are 0, and maybe +1 at most.
How? F4 xx EX Aura was about -1 on block, and now they removed 16 recovery frames, so you should be around +15...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
How? F4 xx EX Aura was about -1 on block, and now they removed 16 recovery frames, so you should be around +15...
F4 EX aura used to be +4 IIRC. You could throw out a F4 noticeably faster than the time KL's ex spin hit you.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
F4 EX aura used to be +4 IIRC. You could throw out a F4 noticeably faster than the time KL's ex spin hit you.
No I'm pretty sure it was just a frame or two negative. I tried a lot and couldn't beat spin with standing 1. Also with the jump test the opponent would jump just a fraction of a second before me.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
No I'm pretty sure it was just a frame or two negative. I tried a lot and couldn't beat spin with standing 1. Also with the jump test the opponent would jump just a fraction of a second before me.
IDK if it was changed but I remember getting a F4 out before KL could spin a few months back.

These buffs are great. It seems like you want to turtle with this variation but that doesn't look like the design they went for. F4 EX aura gives you great advantage to the point where you can follow up with B12 or 123 while jailing the opponent ON BLOCK. Reptiles slide cant even punish it. Ive gotten used to using the parry just as a read(blowing up wakeups etc.) which i think is its intended use.

Cryomancers damage is dumb lol. 53% xray combo off of 2 back 2s into cold blooded in the corner. 43% 1 bar off of a B2 mid screen. 40% B12 hard punish with a hard knockdown.

He may not play the way you intended him to but these buffs definitely made these two variations viable.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
You haven't read the sentence correctly.

It says that you only have advantage from F4 Mb aura, any other string into MB doesn't grant any follow up that can't be armoured.

joeldm

Noob
In my opinion what should happen when ice aura was active:
* Faster recovery Ice Parry or reflect projectiles.
* Ice Ball would have the same speed of your Ice Blast.
* Ice Blast 19 start frames, the same as Kitana start frame Fan Throw

Just this would be enough for new combos to Unbreakle and something against zoning

Frozen aura could hit 1 armor to their normal.

But preferiaram give more complicated combos to do more damage.

This new Unbreable will do nothing that Gran Master can do.