UMK9 VS MK10

• Ultimate Mortal Kombat

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Mortal Kombat 10

Votes: 25 42.4%

• Total voters

Havik

Noob
Mortal kombat was a huge success if I may say so. Now that the DLC is done and out it's time to move on, if NRS hasn't already. If you had to pick between the next installment in the series or a new port of mortal kombat 2011, which would it be? And why? Or neither if you think we are good enough with what we have.

Reedoms

Noob
I'd rather the game continue on for at least a year seeing as how its only been out for 4 months.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
I'd wait a year or more if I was NRS and perfect the gameplay as much as possible and figure out a way to fix negative edge.

Nudge

Noob
Mortal kombat IS a huge success
Fixed. I don't think there is any need for a new game until next year, 4 months is hardly the lifespan of this game in my opinion. New tech is being discovered across the board almost daily.

NRS have also said before that there will be plenty more DLC if these initial 4 were successful, so it's not quite done and out.

TL;DR If anything I would say UMK9 next year some time with a chunk of new characters and engine fixes.

REO

Undead
I would like MK10 as it could bring in more depth for characters like if Kung Lao could have some properties on his spin that he had in MKT, like being able to continually tap the button to have him keep spinning and to control movement with it by pressing left or right.

So my vote is for MK10 but I will continue playing MK9 for the time being.

Subby

Frost Warrior
I don't understand why we need MK10 so soon. Like....why? This game has only been out for a couple of months and you guys ALREADY want MK10? Seriously?

I would put my vote on UMK9. Even then, I would like it as a HUGE expansion pack that would be 1200 MS points, like what they did with AE.

Dark_Rob

Noob
I would like MK10 as it could bring in more depth for characters like if Kung Lao could have some properties on his spin that he had in MKT, like being able to continually tap the button to have him keep spinning and to control movement with it by pressing left or right.

LMFAO! OMG stop Reo. Im gonna tear my stomach muscles!

Altaire

Noob
I'd like to see an eventual UMK9 much more so than an MK10. The problem with a full sequel is that every new MK is usually a clean slate. Most games feel like a completely new series altogether; look at MK3 to MK4, MK4 to MK5, even MK6 to MK7. Deadly Alliance and Deception are probably the only separate games in the series that feel completely relative to one another. Sure, everyone wants to see the series move forward, and no one wants each release to be the same game all over again. That said, I feel like NRS got the premise for MK9 right. Bugs and potential balance issues aside, the game feels great, but it doesn't feel perfect either.

As Skisonic brought up when Aris was bashing MK9, this is their first real attempt to make MK a competitive fighter, and while it has its problems, you can't expect them to get everything right on the first try. That's exactly why I'd like to see them release a UMK9 so they can perfect everything that went wrong: I'd sooner see them release much more foolproof version of MK9 than risk putting out a new game with more of the same flaws, due to too many core gameplay changes. To anyone who might disagree with me on this, just think back to when you were a kid: Do you remember how badass UMK3 was? Wouldn't you say it was a huge improvement over MK3, with all the fine tunings that MK3 didn't have? The thing is, MK9 feels like MK3 to me: It broke new ground, but it's not without its flaws. I'd sooner see them take the time to correct these for an expanded edition of MK9, rather than start all over again. They could potentially work Shinnok into the story for everyone who's been asking for that, they could add some new characters/new moves, they could rebalance anyone who might be an issue, the list goes on. Anyone here who plays Street Fighter could tell you that SSF4 was leagues better than vanilla SF4, both for the added content and the improved character balance. I'd love to see MK9 get the same treatment.

As far as I'm concerned, MK9 is the tightest original release since MK3, and MK3 got a UMK3 because of that. There's no reason MK9 couldn't get one of its own.

The amount of troll is killing me!

It's quite a laugh though, because you make it sound like it's serious business.

Altaire

Noob

You forgot block traps in the corner. We need block traps in the corner back, bro.

Also, Kabal's spin should go back to the way it was in UMK3.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
About Deadly Alliance and Deception, they feel WAYYYY different from one another...they basically redid a bunch of the mechanics to the point where only the surface bears resemblances. Deception and Alliance are probably far closer.

can i get a salty down 4 for the WIN.....

NariTuba

disMember

:)

Fuzzymic14

FC Bound
I'd like to see an eventual UMK9 much more so than an MK10. The problem with a full sequel is that every new MK is usually a clean slate. Most games feel like a completely new series altogether; look at MK3 to MK4, MK4 to MK5, even MK6 to MK7. Deadly Alliance and Deception are probably the only separate games in the series that feel completely relative to one another. Sure, everyone wants to see the series move forward, and no one wants each release to be the same game all over again. That said, I feel like NRS got the premise for MK9 right. Bugs and potential balance issues aside, the game feels great, but it doesn't feel perfect either.

As Skisonic brought up when Aris was bashing MK9, this is their first real attempt to make MK a competitive fighter, and while it has its problems, you can't expect them to get everything right on the first try. That's exactly why I'd like to see them release a UMK9 so they can perfect everything that went wrong: I'd sooner see them release much more foolproof version of MK9 than risk putting out a new game with more of the same flaws, due to too many core gameplay changes. To anyone who might disagree with me on this, just think back to when you were a kid: Do you remember how badass UMK3 was? Wouldn't you say it was a huge improvement over MK3, with all the fine tunings that MK3 didn't have? The thing is, MK9 feels like MK3 to me: It broke new ground, but it's not without its flaws. I'd sooner see them take the time to correct these for an expanded edition of MK9, rather than start all over again. They could potentially work Shinnok into the story for everyone who's been asking for that, they could add some new characters/new moves, they could rebalance anyone who might be an issue, the list goes on. Anyone here who plays Street Fighter could tell you that SSF4 was leagues better than vanilla SF4, both for the added content and the improved character balance. I'd love to see MK9 get the same treatment.

As far as I'm concerned, MK9 is the tightest original release since MK3, and MK3 got a UMK3 because of that. There's no reason MK9 couldn't get one of its own.

This post Wins !!! :congrats:

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
UMK9

so much more they can expand on

the sequel isnt even needed for years, maybe even next gen consoles

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
I would rather see umk9 in a year. They are making this into a solid game, with the patches and whatnot, and I hope they will expand on it before moving on to mk10. Plus, mk10 will probably not have sheeva so yeah, go umk9!!

I feel like they should just make a UMK9. There are so many ridiculous random bugs in this game, its almost like its a living organism or something. I know NRS is more then capable of polishing up this already near masterpiece to a something that can last a decade, so they might as well do it, in hopes that their mistakes wont carry on to mk10.

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
Pretty amusing that there are actually players wanting MK10 right now..........

LOL

I agree with the UMK9 crowd. Give it a year, then give the game we have now a finishing stroke before a sequel.

My UMK10 wishlist:

-Breakers now require a Test Your Might minigame to successfully break
-Kitana's D1 requires 3 bars of meter
-Mileena's D4 requires 4 bars of meter
-Quicktime events
-Sub-Zero's ground freeze is now an overhead
-Main "Press Start" screen now only takes 2 minutes to progress through
-Random hams fall from the sky that restore health (a "munch munch" sound is played when walking over a ham)
-Johnny Cage's X-ray is him signing his autograph on an X-ray of his opponent
-Nuketown
-5 killstreaks grant a carepackage containing a random character's X-ray
-A whiffed ground stomp by Sheeva launches herself for the duration of the round
-Kung Lao's spin can move faster by spinning the Sixaxis controller
-Kung Lao's spin hits low
-Kung Lao's EX-teleport builds 1 bar of meter
-All characters have Kung Lao as an alternate outfit