What's new

UMK3: Russia (TANKUGIN) vs US (REO/Kyle/NYChrisG/Tom Brady/CD/Shock+) Exhib. Match Results from ECT5

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Traveling from a far, a player by the name of TANKUGIN traveled from Russia to East Coast Throwdown 5. He is a prominent Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 player who undertook a series of exhibition matches against several of the very top UMK3 players in the United States including OBS|EMP REO, Comeback Kyle, AGE NY Chris G and more with his Kabal. Proving to be a problem, he took the competition to the US players scoring several wins including beating Comeback Kyle and Chris G's Reptile and Cyrax.

However, being a monster fighting game player, Chris G didn't lose in his exhibition match without a fight. Scores along with images below - again, these were all exhibition matches all in good "classic" competition.

tankreo.jpg
(RUSSIA) TANKUGIN (Kabal) vs (US) OBS|EMP REO (Mileena) 4-10

tankyle.jpg
(RUSSIA) TANKUGIN (Kabal) vs (US) Comeback Kyle (Kabal) 5-1

tankchris.jpg
(RUSSIA) TANKUGIN (KABAL) vs (US) AGE NYChrisG (Reptile/Cyrax) 5-4

tankcd.jpg
(RUSSIA) TANKUGIN (Kabal) vs (US) KN CRAZY DOMINICAN (Nightwolf/Robot Smoke/Kabal/Kitana) 1-5

tanktom.jpg
(RUSSIA) TANKUGIN (Kabal) vs (US) OBS|EMP Tom Brady (Kabal/Unmasked Sub-Zero) 5-0

tankshock.jpg
(RUSSIA) TANKUGIN (Kabal) vs (US) KN Shock (Sindel/Sonya/Human Smoke/Reptile/Shang Tsung/Unmasked Sub-Zero) 5-1

(RUSSIA) TANKUGIN (Kabal/Kitana) vs (US) KN Sommoning (Ermac/Cyrax/Kung Lao/Sindel/Liu Kang) 5-1

(RUSSIA) TANKUGIN (Kitana) vs (US) KN VSM 9.95 (Human Smoke/Sonya/Sub-Zero)

In addition, we also have an EXCLUSIVE interview with TANKUGIN that will be posted soon! Stay Tuned.

Source: http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/new

Attachments

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Awesome. I wish more people in the UK scene was this dedicated for UMK3. or even MK2. :(

Mgo

Noob
Awesome. I wish more people in the UK scene was this dedicated for UMK3. or even MK2. :(
I never heard about umk3 or mk2 in Europe main countries: France, Italy, Spain, UK, Germany. I have curiosity to know if they play these there :p

Comi

Noob
Congratulation to U - GIN! We are amazed how you played against players from USA, especially against top players like Shock, Chris, Reo and Crazy Dominican. You are getting better and better, just continue train your kabal. Greetings from brothers, Dule and Comi. )

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I never heard about umk3 or mk2 in Europe main countries: France, Italy, Spain, UK, Germany. I have curiosity to know if they play these there :p
As far as I know there wasn't many UMK3 cabinets distributed to Europe, by the time people took interest, Trilogy was released on the PS1 and everybody played that instead. I guess it's just easier to emulate UMK3 than it is to port a version of Trilogy and rebalance everything to avoid a marathon of Noob Saibot mirrors lol.

I'm not entirely sure why MK2 doesn't have much activity considering it was always popular, could just be that we haven't looked far enough for players that fully grasp it at the highest level.

we can play UMK3 on xbox live and you can kick the shit out of my sub par Cyrax :cool: