What's new

UMK3 - cheating CPU

Now, it's nothing new that the CPU in UMK3 is a cheating bastard with inherent flaws. It can cancel any move into another move. You'll never beat it to a throw. Doesn't care if you hold back and block, it can throw you.

What have you seen that is especially bastardly of the CPU?

I saw Classic Sub cancel a ground freeze into a regular freeze. Liu Kang hit me with 3 consecutive bicycle kicks, into his 7 hit combo. Sektor on multiple occasions has hit me with THREE teleport punches in a row.

But most interestingly, I saw Scorpion teleport 3 times in a row, and the third time he actually teleported forward. my guess is that the 2nd teleport actually put him on the other side of the screen logically, but canceling the teleport into another teleport made it look like he never left that side of the screen.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yeah, the CPU can do whatever the hell they want ... they can be in the middle of a move and you throw them, but they throw you first lol ...
Liu Kang hit me with 3 consecutive bicycle kicks, into his 7 hit combo.
^^ This can be done by a human and the 2nd bicycle kick+ and 7-hit combo is guaranteed if the initial bicycle kick is a counter hit.

Now, it's nothing new that the CPU in UMK3 is a cheating bastard with inherent flaws. It can cancel any move into another move. You'll never beat it to a throw. Doesn't care if you hold back and block, it can throw you.

What have you seen that is especially bastardly of the CPU?

I saw Classic Sub cancel a ground freeze into a regular freeze. Liu Kang hit me with 3 consecutive bicycle kicks, into his 7 hit combo. Sektor on multiple occasions has hit me with THREE teleport punches in a row.

But most interestingly, I saw Scorpion teleport 3 times in a row, and the third time he actually teleported forward. my guess is that the 2nd teleport actually put him on the other side of the screen logically, but canceling the teleport into another teleport made it look like he never left that side of the screen.

Sektor juggled you with 3 consecutive teleport punches?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Ive gotten 4-5 TP from Sextoy & Robo Homo. I mean, this isn't new, well that wasn't new for an arcade game AI to pull that shit even when UMK3 was new.

Ive gotten 4-5 TP from Sextoy & Robo Homo. I mean, this isn't new, well that wasn't new for an arcade game AI to pull that shit even when UMK3 was new.
I just figure there's gotta be some excellent examples of cheating maybe we (or I, being curious) haven't yet heard before.

Anyone ever see an animality without a mercy? I know the CPU will never show mercy but I wonder if they can do animalities?

Tim Static

Adminerator
I just figure there's gotta be some excellent examples of cheating maybe we (or I, being curious) haven't yet heard before.

Anyone ever see an animality without a mercy? I know the CPU will never show mercy but I wonder if they can do animalities?
There is tons of stuff in the other MK arcade games that had the CPU doing things you couldn't. My mind is drawing a blank at the moment, but you should checkout http://www.mksecrets.net/ to search their game pages for all kinds of stuff like this & tons more.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
In the Genesis Version, i have spotted Liu Kang and Kabal walking and blocking while airbone.

Scorpion, Ermac, Smoke performing multi-teleport ignoring the cooldown time

Mileena performing a combo string that is specific to the AI, there was no input for that combo string

Performing Fatality with a win pose on a non stage fatality.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Jade's seven-hitter does more damage when it's done by the cpu
sheeva multi teleport stomp (I've seen 3 in a row, but only the 1st one inflicts damage)
infinite run
ninjas & robo ninjas multiple teleports
liu's triple bike kick into seven-hitter
animalities without mercy
babalities and friendships even if the specific character doesn't have one
throw escape out of cyrax's net and kabal's spin (you try to throw the cpu opp after those moves, they will throw you all the time)
mileena's exclusive cpu combo (not that it matters that much)
shang morphing into special moves (morph into sonya, instant bike kick -I know it can be done, but with other characters looks hilariously cheap)

But none of that matters because the cpu falls for a incredibly large list of even more cheap tactics that humans can do and follows patterns with an almost 100% of success.

Jade's seven-hitter does more damage when it's done by the cpu

mileena's exclusive cpu combo (not that it matters that much)
U-Sub Zero's 6 hitter does more when performed by CPU - or is the damage just incorrectly stated? (23% vs 30%)

What's Mileena's exclusive combo?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Thats why I exploit them with Robo Smoke
That is extremely boring... there are ways to exploit the CPU and practice your combos. Watch any of the videos that Shock made fighting them and see how to use their patterns against them. It's way more fun that way if you have no comp and are dying to play UMK3.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
U-Sub Zero's 6 hitter does more when performed by CPU - or is the damage just incorrectly stated? (23% vs 30%)

What's Mileena's exclusive combo?
I haven't noticed that with usub and as for Mileena's, is this

Mileena performing a combo string that is specific to the AI, there was no input for that combo string
Is just her popup combo, but the cpu always launches you earlier than it's supposed to. Like a different combo, with less hits that launches you further away, with no follow up possibility.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
That is extremely boring... there are ways to exploit the CPU and practice your combos. Watch any of the videos that Shock made fighting them and see how to use their patterns against them. It's way more fun that way if you have no comp and are dying to play UMK3.
Where are these vids?