What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 at E3 2016 Thread

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
I think I finally understand where Ed and the NRS team are taking this game with their game system.
From what I can tell, Injustice 2 expands on the original variation system in MKX/MKXL; but rather instead of setting you with a certain set of variations, you create your own.
It seems like Maximillian was right, as the certain gear pieces you add onto your character gives you select special moves added onto a base character; as Ed explained "We only give you the base character, and its up to you to upgrade them as you please." I was a bit skeptical thinking it was all statistical-things like an RPG, but it seems to be variation-esque upgrades to your base character; and rather than having a set variation, you create your own.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
Okay, fair enough to not like the game (which you could do without bashing it), but this is only the 2nd game in the franchise. MK1 is not much different from MK2. Or MK2 to MK3. If you want Injustice but different, might have to wait for Injustice X to drop in 20 years or so.
Wat?

WATCHD0G

Noob
Wow - I kind of shocked at the PUSH back and negative response Injustice 2 has received over the reused animations and combos. It's not just here but various message boards and forums. To me it looks really good but then again my 1st NRS game was MKX and i never played Injustice 1.
What pisses me off is that pretty much EVERY other fucking popular fighting game does the EXACT same thing and no one complains, but when NRS does it everyone looses their shit

Error404

Noob
If you're complaining about returning movesets you're a scrub. Period no questions asked.

It's not laziness, it's smart af.
No it isn't. How exactly is learning a new game from scratch lazy? Exactly the reason I don't want to get into Tekken. Never got into Tekken because the games are mostly identical to each other and I'm just going to get my ass beaten by people who were good at Tekken 5 like 8 years ago. The only good thing about keeping the exact move sets from the old game is that they can spend most of their resources on new characters. In fact I assume this game will probably have ~40 characters because of this.

trufenix

bye felicia
What pisses me off is that pretty much EVERY other fucking popular fighting game does the EXACT same thing and no one complains, but when NRS does it everyone looses their shit
Keep in mind most of the people talking shit now will eventually buy the game anyway.

NRS has one of the loudest most whiniest fanbases alive and yet still each other their games has sold more than the last since like, mk4.

trufenix

bye felicia
So the site that thinks MK9 was a godseend. And basically wants everything to be like mk9. Or mk9.5 is bashing nrs for trying something "new" and reusing attacks/animations. When they wanted mkx to be the exact same as mk9...What the?
Trust me, if they shaved a couple frames off Kabal's NDC every other problem in MK9 would've disappeared too. It was basically a perfect game.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
I just hope theres a multiplayer option, online and offline, to get rid of all the gears so we can play with consistent characters

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
In injustice 1 if you held straight down it would actually croutch block in both directions for you, so if you actually want to cross someone up it had to be an overhead attack. If the teleport is a high, mid, or low, then you dont have to worry about it crossing up
Yeah but then combine that with trying to move and space things out with an opponent who does the same. It wasn't just the teleport that made scorpion annoying. It was that plus everything else he could be doing. Either way I personally don't like have to always be on edge of my opponent might do a punishable move and my only defense is to just duck down in time.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Trust me, if they shaved a couple frames off Kabal's NDC every other problem in MK9 would've disappeared too. It was basically a perfect game.
And removed meter drain + input bug, fixed resets, Kenshi... >.>

Love the game, though.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm reading a lot " This is a smart move because NRS is super incompetent"

" They can't be burden with making a new game because they will fuck it up, so maybe they won't this time?"

People with such little faith in the developers really defend their games so hard lol
Lmao! Damn Ricans. That one hit me right in the feels lol. :fp

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
They better have new moves or fear gives then new moves, if not then they are not getting money from this casual.

Before you all hate me and remind me how every other fighters use same moves and all that shit.

I don't buy those games.

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I reeeeeeeeally need more info on this whole "customization" thing. Like what can we expect from the base character, exactly how much will the upgrades effect our character?

Add in what sounds like a "loot drop" system, and if person A has unlocked some powerful ability that person B doesn't have access to yet.... sounds like a breeding ground for frustration. I'd also like to know how they're going about balancing for tournament play. Given the way Boon likes to give the most open-ended answers ever though, we may be waiting a while for any concrete information. -_-

dittO

Noob
Reused animations/moves for someone that really liked the 1st Injustice game can only be a good thing.
Obviously the stuff that matters (ie: frames/hitboxes) will be different.
Hell gimme Sinestro as he was in IGAU and I'm GO!!!

They don't have to change everything, they only need to make this a better game than it was.
More reused animations means less work in these sections meaning more time for them to work on more characters :)