What's new

TYM's Hot Topic of the Week: Do we ban Scorpion from tournament play?

Should Scorpion be banned from tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzo

Vic Stone
You all are taking this Scorpion situation too far. This is why MK players can't have anything nice.

Nemesis_Prime

<3 Fighting Games!!!
I just don't like banning any character for tournament play no matter how broken he is perceived. Keep in mind there'll be another season pass with 5 characters still yet to join the roster including Zod. If any one of them has an ability like teleport are you going to ban it too? Once you ban any character you are going down a very slippery slope that you may never pull yourself from. Just saying.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I just don't like banning any character for tournament play no matter how broken he is perceived. Keep in mind there'll be another season pass with 5 characters still yet to join the roster including Zod. If any one of them has an ability like teleport are you going to ban it too? Once you ban any character you are going down a very slippery slope that you may never pull yourself from. Just saying.

Why not just stick to MK9 if we're going to lay down for characters that blow up 95% of the cast?

Kiko

Face it, you're done.

Do you read what you post? A slippery slope for banning a character that literally defies the mechanics of the game.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
You combined the one phrase and one word I hate most about the fgc.
lol

Its funny how I didnt even mean it, I was just trolling and got a few likes ...
And I remember when I kept crying about No AAs, wake ups, and no pokes everyone kept saying "this isnt mk9" there are footsies, just "level up" I wonder whatever happened to that? lol

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
What's the difference between scorpion forcing you to hold down all game and Killer frost making you hold down all game?

ReZo

MKX
What's the difference between scorpion forcing you to hold down all game and Killer frost making you hold down all game?
Against Killer Frost you can Jump back and hit 1,2,3 to hit her out of her slide which has little to no priority. Scorpion will punish you for jumping with a vortex which means a constant guessing game of "OMFG is he gonna go overhead, is he low, is he gonna jump over my char for the j3 crossup" Then after that you continue to hold down. GG

Vogue

Noob
Once we get Scorpion banned can we get some consistent stage rules? It's a fucking nightmare with every tournament having different rules .

Nemesis_Prime

<3 Fighting Games!!!
Do you read what you post? A slippery slope for banning a character that literally defies the mechanics of the game.
Once you ban one character it may never stop. Today it's the teleport, tomorrow may be something else. It's better to wait until after a major tournament where devs at NRG can see what you guys are all griping about and take the appropriate action. Scorpion is not even out that long to make a real assessment about his true impact. I say let's wait and see for now.

you know what, if this is how most really feel about scorpion, then hey ban him. Banning him won't make me happy at all (bcuz he is my main and I wouldn't be character hopping), but i'd be able to deal with it. Either way, let's hope if this does happen, it is for the better of the game. :(, this makes me so sad because he is my favorite character, but I guess i'll have to wait till mk10 if this happens....... (if they just nerf him, i'll still play him without a doubt tho :))

Vogue

Noob
I'm sure everyone would rather him fixed than banned, but the reason people are bringing it up now is that players are quoting the game and not going to tournaments because of scorpion. Plus Evo is coming up .

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Lol, you should have been around in the period from late last year to early this year before Injustice -- I do not wish to go back to that :p
i don't know, but this is actually my new account and i was here when this site was MKE, i dropped MK9 in late 2011 and 2012, so i don't know anything about this site in that period. no offence but imo this community was way more fun when it was MK community, no Injustice bashing and there were many people in here that i knew.
BTW, i still say fuck to people who vote yes :p. Cuz 1st: Scorpion is my favorite char, and he's a MK char (i love MK more than Injustice) :p, 2nd: Scorpion's only problem is his teleport, and i've heard people bitching about that b4 he was in Injustice, i saw Rico's Superman (if my memory serves me right) avoiding REO's Scorpion' teleport and beating him yesterday on KombatNetwork Stream. So what's the point?

i don't know, but this is actually my new account and i was here when this site was MKE, i dropped MK9 in late 2011 and 2012, so i don't know anything about this site in that period. no offence but imo this community was way more fun when it was MK community, no Injustice bashing and there were many people in here that i knew.
BTW, i still say fuck to people who vote yes :p. Cuz 1st: Scorpion is my favorite char, and he's a MK char (i love MK more than Injustice) :p, 2nd: Scorpion's only problem is his teleport, and i've heard people bitching about that b4 he was in Injustice, i saw Rico's Superman (if my memory serves me right) avoiding REO's Scorpion' teleport and beating him yesterday on KombatNetwork Stream. So what's the point?
i'm the same, I just love scorpion :) haha.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Where have you been for the past three years, fool?

That is how NRS balances their fighting games. Online scrubs cried about mid tier characters (i.e., Jade, Kano, Sub Zero, etc.) in MK and NRS "normalized" them.
this time i agreed with you. i'm pissed off when they "fixed" Jade, Kano and especially Sub-Zero's reset. and now NRS ruined their game again.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
2nd: Scorpion's only problem is his teleport, and i've heard people bitching about that b4 he was in Injustice, i saw Rico's Superman (if my memory serves me right) avoiding REO's Scorpion' teleport and beating him yesterday on KombatNetwork Stream. So what's the point?
What are you talking about? REO beat CD Jr. 10:1 and Rico Suave 10:0 on the Kombat Network Stream.

Sasuga

Noob
i just watched few matches, it was 24 fucking hours stream, but i'm sure Rico beat REO's Scorpion once, and Rico even avoided the teleport.
Yeah, once IIRC. The first match. I saw some people do really well against Reo's Scorpion, tho. Even CDjr didn't do that bad and he said he doesn't even practice the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.