What's new

TYM Updates

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hey, TYM, I'm currently in talks with @STORMS to potentially take over the site. We're still hashing out the deal, but in the meantime, I figured I'd flex these fancy new admin privileges and start working on some site updates! I'm about to start sifting through the character forums to see what I can update and streamline, and wonderful users like @Kombat Chef have let me know about events that need to be promoted.

So, I ask, what updates would you like to see? What features would you like added to the character forums or any other part of the site? Our wiki could use some love. Anything else? Any events not getting the attention they deserve? The floor is open!

@JusteMeta You can be sure I'll be promoting the hell out of your weekly PC League. If anyone is looking to organize their own such league or event, feel free to PM me and perhaps it can be featured on the site.

REYTHEGREAT

I want to see TYM be part of various tournaments. You know, like CGL sponsors certain tournaments. If not sponsor, maybe be part of it in a way where we pitch in and have the organizer of the tournament mention the site and have our logo? I dont know, just an idea to get us more members and eyes.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I want to see TYM be part of various tournaments. You know, like CGL sponsors certain tournaments. If not sponsor, maybe be part of it in a way where we pitch in and have the organizer of the tournament mention the site and have our logo? I dont know, just an idea to get us more members and eyes.
I'm totally on board with this, though that's something I won't have much control over until the deal is finalized. My plan, should I take over, is to support and promote anyone actively contributing to the scene. There's not always enough cash to go around, but it doesn't cost me anything other than my time to make sure such events are getting the attention they deserve.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
Congrats RoboCop - The future of law enforcement (don't shoot me :D)

On Topic:
I just noticed a little "outdated" detail, I want to mention here.
The first thing you see when you hit on "Forums" is this:
There are missing fighters:
Joker - Spawn - Fujin - Sheeva - RoboCop - Rambo - Rain - Mileena

At first, I thought there are no char specific forums, but there are, you just need to click more to find it.

Just a minor thing I know, but it wouldn't make this side look "outdated" or even "dead"

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Congrats RoboCop - The future of law enforcement (don't shoot me :D)

On Topic:
I just noticed a little "outdated" detail, I want to mention here.
The first thing you see when you hit on "Forums" is this:
View attachment 18041
There are missing fighters:
Joker - Spawn - Fujin - Sheeva - RoboCop - Rambo - Rain - Mileena

At first, I thought there are no char specific forums, but there are, you just need to click more to find it.

Just a minor thing I know, but it wouldn't make this side look "outdated" or even "dead"
That's for sure on my to-do list. It's been one of my personal pet peeves about the site for a while and is legit one of the reasons I let Storms know I was interested in taking over.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Obviously this is somewhat dependent on the TYM community itself, but I wonder if there would be a way to promote more matchmaking within this site? Like an actual TYM league for various games? It'd be nice if TYM was not just a place to discuss tech and complain about things, but also a way to actually meet people and find reliable training partners.

@RoboCop Preemptive congrats man, you'll make an excellent admin and site owner!

For myself, I'd love to see more promotion and notification of tournaments and events of course, and I'd also like to see PSA's for Krypt Events, or if something rare is noted in the Store or in a Tower of Time. It'll help give collector's a chance to note and go for the stuff.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
@RoboCop Preemptive congrats man, you'll make an excellent admin and site owner!

For myself, I'd love to see more promotion and notification of tournaments and events of course, and I'd also like to see PSA's for Krypt Events, or if something rare is noted in the Store or in a Tower of Time. It'll help give collector's a chance to note and go for the stuff.
That's a great call about the krypt events! I'd have to give some thought about how to do it long-term, but short term it would be easy enough to pin a post for krypt events and store specials.

Obviously this is somewhat dependent on the TYM community itself, but I wonder if there would be a way to promote more matchmaking within this site? Like an actual TYM league for various games? It'd be nice if TYM was not just a place to discuss tech and complain about things, but also a way to actually meet people and find reliable training partners.
I remember early in the game life we dud have a TYM league. It was ran by dreamcatcher. We had a solid start but it fizzled out. That's where krispifungus started playing im pretty sure

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Assuming MKO's Fight Klub takes off and works as well as they advertised, I definitely think working with them to use that system for any internal TYM leagues we run would be a great idea. Nice cross promotion between the sites and a potentially really good system to utilize for tracking internal leagues.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
If you want TYM to take off, you need to make the brand a little more than a dumping grounds for MK content. We need more of a presence again in tournaments, media/podcasts, etc. We also need a good moderation team again, with devoted character mods who manages the content thats within their selected subforum.

We did this in the past, it does have some negatives, but instead of dealing with the negatives we all just kinda gave up. Either way, I'm here.

Has there been any word on krossplay? That would help expand the tourney scene a lot if we could do koths. I also think a big problem is a lot of competitive players have left the site due to there being more complaining than anything. It seems like a lot of people on here don't really even want to play the game just talk about it. And by competitive I don't even mean top players, just people that actually want to play and get better

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You deadass took over?! Lmao I thought you were joking
Not yet, we're still working out the details. But hopefully we get everything worked out and I can start trying to breathe some life back into the site.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Congratulations man look forward to see the new direction the site takes. I would love to see this site grow into a all things fgc site with updates of tournaments for all fighting games and news.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Hey guys,

I appreciate all of the support with @RoboCop helping with managing TYM. It's looking to be a joint-partnership with a few of us involved in effort to restore things around here.

We will likely be doing a Mod refresh to ensure everyone who is a Mod is relatively active, etc.

EDIT: One of the first things we need are Front Page News reporters - anyone interested? This has the potential for payment, FYI.

Last edited:

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'd like to go ahead and get some kind of standardized kombo thread pinned at the top of every character forum. It shouldn't be so difficult to find up-to-date kombo information. If users with character kombo knowledge can PM me, I can get that info formatted, posted, and pinned.

The more info I can get, the better the posts will be, but every little bit is helpful. I think this format would work best when submitting your character's info, though you can leave sections blank, like if a character lacks worthwhile 2-bar midscreen kombos:

Loadout (list kustom moves for this loadout)
Midscreen Meterless
Midscreen 1-bar
Midscreen 2-bar
Corner Meterless
Corner 1-bar
Corner 2-bar
Anti-Air Kombos
d2 KB
Fatal Blow Kombos (I'll be listing these separately from the other kombos)
Interactable Kombos
For fun: kombos that end in brutalities.
Repeat for each additional loadout with new kombo variations.

Please include damage numbers, and feel free to include notes, like ending a kombo with move A allows you to follow up with strategy B. You can include "easy" and "difficult" kombos if you like (or "online/offline" kombos). The more info I can get, the better.