What's new

TYM Kommunity Project: An Open Letter to NRS Concerning Netplay

I would advise taking out the bf4 example since its another genre with a different situation with a solution that can not be adopted to mkx otherwise well writen
maybe offtopic but I am also disapointed that there is no real playermatching or do you think that some one who is lvl 8 and 0/12 has a chance against some one who is 72 and 1200/300 ?
there is an article how they work on the online performance past lauch and it is actually comparable.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I think you should skip mentioning the live action trailer. Calling them pointless doesn't look good. Just looks salty.
This is on point. We all agree of course about their priorities, but keeping it professional is the way to go here

Starcraft players did something similar recently to Blizzard. They kept it fully professional and kept ALL the anti-blizzard circlejerk stuff out of it, and in return got a very indepth response (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17085919227) from Blizzard

This is on point. We all agree of course about their priorities, but keeping it professional is the way to go here

Starcraft players did something similar recently to Blizzard. They kept it fully professional and kept ALL the anti-blizzard circlejerk stuff out of it, and in return got a very indepth response (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17085919227) from Blizzard
so are you guys fine with just leaving the "pointless" out but still mentioning the live action trailer? the passage is about the impression some people get of nrs, which is more about reflecting them a public image they might start to build than criticizing actual facts, i doubt that the resources used for the trailer or advertisement have anything to do with polishing the online.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
so are you guys fine with just leaving the "pointless" out but still mentioning the live action trailer? the passage is about the impression some people get of nrs, which is more about reflecting them a public image they might start to build than criticizing actual facts, i doubt that the resources used for the trailer or advertisement have anything to do with polishing the online.
Telling them about your opinion of their percieved public image is not going to help. Stick to the changes that we want and why we want them. IMO.

Telling them about your opinion of their percieved public image is not going to help. Stick to the changes that we want and why we want them. IMO.
dont you think it matters to them if people start building up that "greedy company" picture? i mean thats what people said in the last thread, and im sure thats not the way nrs see themselves or want to be seen.

i will leave this up for a while and check more feedback before the final decision

there is an article how they work on the online performance past lauch and it is actually comparable.
can you post this article? I only saw the mp1st one about the 120hz which is not relevant for mkx (for the most part)

Dunno marketing hardly improves the game but is important for its success so you cant really blame them for doing it though I am not a fan of the live action stuff

can you post this article? I only saw the mp1st one about the 120hz which is not relevant for mkx (for the most part)

Dunno marketing hardly improves the game but is important for its success so you cant really blame them for doing it though I am not a fan of the live action stuff
thats the article i meant. the crucial sentence for me is "Regardless of this, the potential breakthroughs that might surface from this type of work are what make the trouble worth it."

thats the article i meant. the crucial sentence for me is "Regardless of this, the potential breakthroughs that might surface from this type of work are what make the trouble worth it."
Yes what they did is impressive but its kinda in another "work area". It's like saying to car manufacturer "Hey trains transport more humans and are also fast. Why dont you adapt their methods?" Trains and cars transport things. Bf4 Mkx connect player. They have some similarities they can learn from each other but they also have their unique problems which require unique solutions.
Saying "Bf4 did so why dont you" looks a bit childish, at least to me.
Edit: Note: Thats not to say the netcode can not be improved after launch, there are ways however they are more subtile (like for example better package compression)

Last edited:
Yes what they did is impressive but its kinda in another "work area". It's like saying to car manufacturer "Hey trains transport more humans and are also fast. Why dont you adapt their methods?" Trains and cars transport things. Bf4 Mkx connect player. They have some similarities they can learn from each other but they also have their unique problems which require unique solutions.
Saying "Bf4 did so why dont you" looks a bit childish, at least to me.
i will leave this up for discussion. at least it shows dice realizes problems and works on solution, which we havent seen from nrs yet.

edit: i changed the paragrah about dice a bit.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Nice work. It is very to the point and outlines the problem an example of solutions. Maybe not for MKx but for Injustice 2. I won't be so eager to buy injustice 2 and will probably wait a few months if we don't get things like online beta, demo, and if nothing changes with the way NRS currently handles things with MKx (patch communication probably being the easiest, big thing they could fix).

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
I think the live action trailer should be left out, the graphic design team has no impact on the code/network team that works on netcode, I think it would look bad on us as a community to say they shouldnt put out good content which the trailer(from a team not touching netcode) was because they havent made any statements about the netcode

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Do you guys honestly think they are unaware of the netcode problem? They know it's a problem. I am not game designer or anything but I am pretty sure this isn't just a simple fix.

You may have to re write the entire game to resolve this.
The way I see it they have had the worst online by a wide margin 3 games in a row now. It's one of the most common legitimate complaints about NRS games. If they know, that's good. I think by making it known that it's constantly at the forefront of some consumers minds and the negative impact has on the franchise as a whole is a good thing. Maybe the fourth game will actually have good netcode that is comparable amongst competitors. For 3 games now just pointing out the online isn't good and carrying on as normal hasn't garnered any improvement.

I just hate that they didn't fucking fix it for THIS game. We all said after Injustice "they'll get it right next game for sure" and here we are. I see more and more people saying "Oh, they'll get it right for Injustice 2" and i'm willing to bet it's going to be the same exact shit. I'm all for this letter, but I highly doubt that it will do anything. They probably won't even acknowledge or respond to it

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
The way I see it they have had the worst online by a wide margin 3 games in a row now. It's one of the most common legitimate complaints about NRS games. If they know, that's good. I think by making it known that it's constantly at the forefront of some consumers minds and the negative impact has on the franchise as a whole is a good thing. Maybe the fourth game will actually have good netcode that is comparable amongst competitors. For 3 games now just pointing out the online isn't good and carrying on as normal hasn't garnered any improvement.
Maybe it's more on the backend like a contract agreement or something they have little or no control over. I agree for the last 4 years of NRS games the netcode has been awful. We are all aware, They are aware.

People compare this netcode to KI, when you should not be doing that. KI is a Microsoft game, used by MS servers (GODLIKE SERVERS) WB Games may not have that kind of money yet to get those "top notch" servers, we do not know that.

It's a business, this game has hopefully made WB Games / NRS tons of money to solve this solution next time around. Only time will tell.

Agreed with Aok Ryan. I'm pretty sure you're not bringing their attention to something they aren't already aware of. Can't hurt I guess, but don't be surprised when it isn't just instantly fixed. You will probably get the "we are aware of the situation and are working on it" reply.

I just hate that they didn't fucking fix it for THIS game. We all said after Injustice "they'll get it right next game for sure" and here we are. I see more and more people saying "Oh, they'll get it right for Injustice 2" and i'm willing to bet it's going to be the same exact shit. I'm all for this letter, but I highly doubt that it will do anything. They probably won't even acknowledge or respond to it

They haven't got it right since 2004 when MKD went online when it was Midway, as It's just built upon with each new developed title since then.

It's a nice idea and to have the voice of the community to be heard properly regarding this ongoing issue, yet I agree on nothing being actually done. They need to take a page out of Capcom's book and with the recently released SFV beta, clearly stating online netplay is a priority for that title.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Maybe it's more on the backend like a contract agreement or something they have little or no control over. I agree for the last 4 years of NRS games the netcode has been awful. We are all aware, They are aware.

People compare this netcode to KI, when you should not be doing that. KI is a Microsoft game, used by MS servers (GODLIKE SERVERS) WB Games may not have that kind of money yet to get those "top notch" servers, we do not know that.

It's a business, this game has hopefully made WB Games / NRS tons of money to solve this solution next time around. Only time will tell.
It could very well be something out of their control. Comparisons to other games especially ones released before (besides KI) will happen. I just hope this along with some push from NRS will get the resources needed for great online play. With WB backing them I just don't see how they fail where many have succeeded. Cut the excess like factions which don't even really do anything and show that great online play will boosts sales way more than anything. Probably only getting beat by the actual game and story mode.