What's new

General/Other - Takeda Tweaks that could help w/o making Takeda OP

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
As the title says...

There are possible tweaks to make Takeda a decent mid (maybe more *evil grin*) tier without making him overpowered.

General: yeah, pink is good. :D

- Maybe a bit too much, but as it was mentioned a couple of times in the last few days - universal teleport might bring all of Takeda's variations close to what SR is - which won't solve all the problems though.
- Tweak a bit at least 1 of our armor moves - there are already characters in the game with godlike armor moves - why shouldn't we have one of these, even if it's not THAT strong (now looking at Goro...)? Currently I'm using meter burn intractable to get out of the corner as I do not have other choice against fast-string beast characters.
- I do not find myself using D1 / Jab over D3 when poking as their range is terrible. In other words, we need a better poke which is a bit longer than Takeda's nose. :)
- Ex-Kunai, I believe there is no need to explain what needs to be done (fixed) here. - this is related to Lasher & Shirai Ryu.

Ronin: I:s there any chance that we could have this variation to be more ... consistent.

- The "fast strings" do not compensate with enough speed for the lack of long range attacks (looking at b21xx / b212+4). I agree that we receive a decent mix up 50/50 with the Light Sabers, but still ... we have (kind of) mix up in the other 2 variations, a bit slower, but from 1/2 screen.
- Blade drop / kall - erm... yeah, hit box.
- EX-blade throw (Which would instantly throw, [maybe track?] and call back right away, leaving you a bit + on block, kinda like Tempest Lao's EX Hat Spin) - as suggested by @SnowboardRX

Lasher:

- All from General... I guess.
- To be continued, once I think of something better.

Shirai Ryu:

- All from General... I guess.
- To be continued, once I think of something better.

Maybe if everything of the above is changed he will be OP, but... I doubt that NRS will see any of this so it's O.K.

Feel free to put me on the Bonfire / Comment / Discuss or just troll.

Thanks for reading my "Not QQ buff my character" thread. :D

EDIT: typos

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So the Not Buff My Character thread is basically filled with buffs to the character. Should've just been straight up bruh. :coffee:

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
I'll push universal teleport till the day I die. Some adjustments to the whips' hitboxes, slightly less recovery frames on most moves, f1 can't be low-profiled so easily, and fix the gap in 112. These buffs, in addition to the ones @Maevar suggested, would make Takeda solid. Thanks for making this thread.

virtiqaL

Noob
If I had to suggest anything reasonable for him without overdoing it, it would just be to simply make his pokes a little faster, maybe even just by 1 frame, since they were buffed already. I should at least be able to counterpoke if I react quickly enough to blocking an opponent's poke, which in some cases Takeda can't seem to do.

Universal teleport would be cool, but I don't see it happening.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
would being able to run cancel b3 make it op? i mean we only have one starting low, and you kinda gotta commit to it blindly. .. since every one says takeda is the footsie GOD , seems only fair he get to live up to the name right

hayatei

Noob
would being able to run cancel b3 make it op? i mean we only have one starting low, and you kinda gotta commit to it blindly. .. since every one says takeda is the footsie GOD , seems only fair he get to live up to the name right
what do you mean commit blindly? b3d3 is safe because of the pushback and you're always going for kunai off b3 if you want to combo anyway

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
what do you mean commit blindly? b3d3 is safe because of the pushback and you're always going for kunai off b3 if you want to combo anyway
Guess I should say for more than d3 after. My bad. ,ex spear , exflurry punch - you have to commit (or os to be safe) if you want anything more than d3 or cancel. Guess I should say you cant confirm off of just b3 .

With takeda usually being in the heath deficit . Sometimes nickel and dime'n the opponent with kunai cancels and b3d3 is not the best option. Least for me it's not.

Plus the run animation is getting easier to read now that the games getting Miles. Being able to cancel at the cost of stamina I think would be good for he footsie game.

People aren't scared of b3d3 , b3 kunai...I think being able to run cancel will give them something more to be wary about.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
At this point Takeda possibly the only character in the game competitive for Goros spot at the bottom. What can we give you without making him OP? Practically anything at this point he needs serious help to a serious character at this point

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
At this point Takeda possibly the only character in the game competitive for Goros spot at the bottom. What can we give you without making him OP? Practically anything at this point he needs serious help to a serious character at this point
Nahh he's not bottom.... He's def mid but just not a scary one.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Nahh he's not bottom.... He's def mid but just not a scary one.
Meh maybe... I hadn't spoken tiers or Takeda with my friends and we all drew up our own tier list to compare without talking with each other... And absolutely everyone had Takeda either last or second last to Goro... I don't feel like it's a coincidence, Takky is slow as hell and pretty janky right now

st9rm

viennality.com
i agree with takeda being mid tier, he does need some help though
i'd like to see the following changes:

-f214 special cancelable
-b1 faster startup (it's a great AA, but 21f startup is way too slow)
-faster startup for the ex fist furry, to escape pressure
-112 should be a true blockstring

hayatei

Noob
Guess I should say for more than d3 after. My bad. ,ex spear , exflurry punch - you have to commit (or os to be safe) if you want anything more than d3 or cancel. Guess I should say you cant confirm off of just b3 .

With takeda usually being in the heath deficit . Sometimes nickel and dime'n the opponent with kunai cancels and b3d3 is not the best option. Least for me it's not.

Plus the run animation is getting easier to read now that the games getting Miles. Being able to cancel at the cost of stamina I think would be good for he footsie game.

People aren't scared of b3d3 , b3 kunai...I think being able to run cancel will give them something more to be wary about.
you have no reason to go for ex spear or ex fist flurry over ex kunai after b3

they either block the b3 and the ex kunai and you're +20 something or you get 38% damage

the ex kunai can also break armor depending on the moves

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
you have no reason to go for ex spear or ex fist flurry over ex kunai after b3

they either block the b3 and the ex kunai and you're +20 something or you get 38% damage

the ex kunai can also break armor depending on the moves
Ahh I see what you're saying. Good point. I don't use this much as to sometimes for me it feels kinda wonky but if you say it's the best option then it looks like I'm going into the lab with this again. Thanks.

hayatei

Noob
Ahh I see what you're saying. Good point. I don't use this much as to sometimes for me it feels kinda wonky but if you say it's the best option then it looks like I'm going into the lab with this again. Thanks.
b3 ex kunai b2 teleport f21 spear does 37% or something and theres nothing wonky about it

possibly less with the scaling changes i dont have the patch lol

Last edited:

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
I think that if in Ronin you could EX-blade throw right off the bat (Which would instantly throw, [maybe track?] and call back right away, leaving you a bit + on block, kinda like Tempest Lao's EX Hat Spin), that would be all he'd need to make him complete. Wouldn't really need a teleport or anything else at that point.

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
I think that if in Ronin you could EX-blade throw right off the bat (Which would instantly throw, [maybe track?] and call back right away, leaving you a bit + on block, kinda like Tempest Lao's EX Hat Spin), that would be all he'd need to make him complete. Wouldn't really need a teleport or anything else at that point.
This is a great idea - I'm adding this to the list & giving you credit for it!

aieches

#freeHomelee2016

this would be it.. and i would play ronin just as much as SR- . id give up teleport for this hands down.