What's new

Trying to improve my Reptile using training mode

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
i figured id go into training mode with the AI set on expert and go a whole 5 minutes without using elbow dash. my intentions were to force myself into relying on Reptilios other tools in Kombat in hopes that it would help develop my all around game. Well, I didn't make it through the first minute before I instinctively elbow dashed Scorpion after a blocked spear. So I restarted my timer and pressed select to reset our fight. The first thing Scorpion does is whiff another spear, and I IMMEDIATELY elbow dashed after jumping over him. Thats when I decided to write this post. Im going back into training mode now, sorry if this was a pointless read for any of you. I just thought it might help others with developing ideas on how to improve with their main. peace.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I do that too usually to get better with the anti-airs with any character most recently been trying to train myself to react to every jump with an uppercut as ermac, although his is so slow i get stuffed about 1/3 times. By the way you shouldn't train yourself to not use elbow dash you should train yourself to use it outside of max range or for punishes considering his normals are not very fast and neither is his dash.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Sorry to say this but training mode AI won't help you improve your game.

Well, it'll help you know the AI better but as far as other players, it won't.Since the AI reads your inputs mix-ups / air-2-air will rarely work.Practice with a friend even if it's on the sh*tty online.

And training yourself to not use elbow dash won't help either. If anything you have to see it's potentials besides the actual elbow dash.

Learn to learn the distance of when it whiffs so you can get in on your opponents and do mix-ups.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
Im not training myself not to use dash. Im training without using dash to help me become more familiar with other moves i might be overlooking due to a heavy reliance on elbow dash. Once im out of training mode I will still use dash, but hopefully im more familiar with moves I may not have used otherwise. again, i am NOT trying to train myself not to elbow dash.