What's new

Top 8 at The CommonWealth 2015 is Set for Sunday at 8 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If MKX is anything, it's been a game of surprises. The key theme in tournament pools to this point is that no one in safe; and that theme was driven home in spades at the CommonWealth today.

The opening salvo was fired in Pool #1, as Kevo Da Man sent REO to losers. Although a lot of the key matches were not streamed, word of the result sent shockwaves through the viewing public at home. In Pool 2, the carnage continued as the underdog Kid Digital handed Tom Brady the wrap on his TCW run. Elsewhere in the bracket, ForeverKing Jr.'s Relentless Jason sent Michaelangelo to the Loser's bracket, and Orochi's Kenshi sent YOMI's Slayer out of the tournament and back to the drawing board before Gimpy knocked Orochi out in Losers' Finals.

The Top 16 was as unpredictable as anything, with SaltFace stopping KevoDaMan, f0xy Grampa beating REO, and Forever King sending f0xy home outside the Top 8. And in the final match between King Jr. and Gimpy, the crowd exploded with people jumping out of their chairs as GImpy edged out a win in the concluding game.

With tomorrow's finals set to go in the pole position on TCW's Sunday stage, there's a lot to look forward to, and a number of key matchups to examine. Will Fox make his way to yet another Grand Finals? Will the Terry Bros. terrorize the Top 8 bracket? Will Michaelangelo, MIT or King shock the world?

We'll find out, tomorrow night at 8 PM Eastern at http://twitch.tv/digitalprosports -- see you there!

TOP 8

WINNERS
  • YOMI | Saltface vs. Digit
  • YOMI | DJT vs. cr. Sonic Fox
LOSERS
  • YOMI | ForeverKing vs. Gimpy NS
  • YOMI | Michaelangelo vs. YOMI | MIT

TOP 16 RESULTS

WINNERS

YOMI | Saltface
over KevoDaMan
Digit over EMPR Jupiter
YOMI | DJT over YOMI | ForeverKing Jr.
cr. Sonic Fox over YOMI | Forever King

LOSERS

YOMI | MIT over ClaudeVonStroke
YOMI | MIchaelangelo over YOMI | Kush
A f0xy Grampa over YOMI | REO
Gimpy NS over KHTC | Kid Digital

YOMI | MIT over KevoDaMan
YOMI | Forever King over A f0xy Grampa
YOMI | MIchaelangelo over EMPR | Jupiter
Gimpy NS over YOMI | ForeverKing Jr.

STREAM ARCHIVE
http://www.twitch.tv/digitalprosports/v/5880691?t=1h29m57s

Attachments

Last edited:

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Is gimpy on tym? He really needs to look at the excellent Cassie forums for max damage bnbs.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
REO, CDjr and Tom Brady out... :( Probably rooting for Michaelangelo. I'm not even sure anymore. lol

Because it doesnt have street cred yet. I really like what they are trying to do and hope the FGC embraces them.
true and i agree. it just seems it would be a better story than half the ones they do run. player becomes t.o. , high entrance #'s , etc etc ... it's seemingly an intentional type of snubbing and i guess i just don't understand it even with no street credentials lol ... like playing favorites or not liking the new kid or whatever but obviously i could be 100% wrong .. i really have no idea but it's interesting nonetheless

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
If Gimpy beats King the Sova Pop off will be amazing.

Also no mention of Saltface, Digit or Gimpy having a chance or shaking things up in the bottom wrap up thread. I guess you already wrote them out. Rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.