What's new

top 10 moves in the game

Someone tell me how Kung Jin's NJP overlooked but Quan's isn't?

Anyway

Ex spin
Ex flip kick
Coming in hot
klone
Tanya b12+4
Krawler (lol)
OH dash punch
Tremor low crystal shatter
Batman j2
Raiden babalay (best corner carry ever)

specials only

quan's bat
tanyas rekkas
ermacs soul ball
predators lasers
reptile ex invisibility
mileena ex fade
shinnok mb hell spark
sub zero ice clone
predator trap
kung lao vortex

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
pred's pew pew
quan's pigeon
tempest's orbiting hat
tempest's ex spin
tanya's rekkas
shinnok's hls
sub's clone
kang's and tanya's b1
eb's 21122
lao's ji2

Last edited:

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
dvorah ass rush (db4)
dvorah ex ass rush (db4+block)
kotal big leg (f4)
jason big leg (f3)
goro big leg (f4)
raiden big leg (f4)
jacqui big leg (f4)
jacqui stanky leg (4u4)
predator big leg (f4)
ferra/torr rising big leg (f4)

honorable mention:
takeda anime big leg (f4)

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
I find Kitana's glaives to be a hell of a lot more annoying than her fans. >_<
i would rather deal against glavies then fans, tho fans are High they can shut down your Air options and lunch you for a full combo, plus, fans are faster. i can easly jump against glavies, i cannot against fans. that's for me at least

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
dvorah ass rush (db4)
dvorah ex ass rush (db4+block)
kotal big leg (f4)
jason big leg (f3)
goro big leg (f4)
raiden big leg (f4)
jacqui big leg (f4)
jacqui stanky leg (4u4)
predator big leg (f4)
ferra/torr rising big leg (f4)

honorable mention:
takeda anime big leg (f4)
I was going to ask how the hell dvorahs db4 made it on your list Then I saw the Rest of it lol

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
i would rather deal against glavies then fans, tho fans are High they can shut down your Air options and lunch you for a full combo, plus, fans are faster. i can easly jump against glavies, i cannot against fans. that's for me at least
Two things: Fuck Lunch.
Glaives can still hit in the air, lunch(lol), and can.shutdown air optionforce

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Two things: Fuck Lunch.
Glaives can still hit in the air, lunch(lol), and can.shutdown air optionforce
I'm sorry but 8 frame air fans is way better than 24 f ground and air glaives :p
my typing skillz lol, you know what i meant anyways. fans still better cause of IAF.

and only ex glavies launch for a full combo
hitting people with air glaives in the air can be followed with a shadow kick. At close range it's possible for a full combo with run d1 lift though. But I don't think it's easy to hit people with slow air glaives

normals and strings:

kotals b1
cassies b1
tanyas b1
cybernetic and commando kanos b1
liu kangs b12
errons 21122
shinnoks f4
lackey ferra/torr d1
quan chi njp
kung laos j2

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Kung Lao: 112124, EXSpin
Erron Black: 21122
Tanya: b12+4
Liu Kang: b12
Shinnok: Hellsparks
Sub-Zero: Ice Clone
D'Vorah: f112
Reptile: f412
Predator: Low Laser
Tremor: Air Quake

It's eleven moves/strings instead of ten, but still my list.

* Spin
* Bat
* Roll
* Ice Clone
* Plasma Caster
* Punch walk
* LOOK AT THAT KNEE
* Flameport
* Hellsparks
* Rekkas

I think the only 2 I've diverged on from what most people say is Mileena's roll and Scorpion's flameport. So I'll back up those:

Roll
I think people forget how good Mileena's roll is because her lack of good short range pokes means she's forced to rely on it. You see Mileena's using it too much because they don't have an option to be most other pokes, and immediately think it's "bad" because it's getting blocked and punished. But when you look at the move just as the move, and it's insanely godlike. Low profiles, fast startup, combo starting, can be EX'ed for an armor starter, anti-airs shallow jumps ins and whiff punishes like crazy. People also underestimate how good it is to have a special-move punisher. Being able to buffer in an input for those difficult punishes makes all the difference in the world.

Flameport (EX and Regular)
Scorpion's teleport is bananas in this game. It's faster, leads to a combo, dodges a ton of shit even without meter, amazing for air-to-air conversions. And oh man, the ability to cancel the hit leads to so many shenanigans. People are quick to dismiss something as gimmicky if you can set it up in practice mode- and knowing it's coming- easily show how to deal with it, but there's a reason we see this tear so many people up in actual matches. You just can't control for chaos.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
It always fails to punish Kitana's d1 (-9 on block) and almost everytime Subzero's b2 (-13 on block). So it means sometimes it's just better to use her piercing B1 or other variation's B2 to whiff punish other than using the roll (I'm pretty sure it takes roll like ~ 15 frames to reach the range of Cassie's B1). It has the shittiest travel speed ever. And the hitbox isn't that good because a lot of jump in punches in this game can hit her out of roll when it's travelling (blame NRS for stupid jump punches maybe?)

It always fails to punish Kitana's d1 (-9 on block) and almost everytime Subzero's b2 (-13 on block). So it means sometimes it's just better to use her piercing B1 or other variation's B2 to whiff punish other than using the roll (I'm pretty sure it takes roll like ~ 15 frames to reach the range of Cassie's B1). It has the shittiest travel speed ever. And the hitbox isn't that good because a lot of jump in punches in this game can hit her out of roll when it's travelling (blame NRS for stupid jump punches maybe?)
Oh my bad, the move has certain weaknesses and things it can't do, unlike every other thing everyone's listed. Removing it now.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Oh my bad, the move has certain weaknesses and things it can't do, unlike every other thing everyone's listed. Removing it now.
It's okay though, roll can still punish Quan's d1 on block (-9 lol) and Cassie's F33 string. There's a funny thing about the roll: it can interrupt the big gap in Kung Lao's 4*4 and Cassie's B12*4 strings. Lao's 4*4 is a very special case when Sonya's 6f parry (she must use the 4f ex parry) and Cassie's 6f flip fail to hit him before the second hit hits, however due to the low profile of roll Mileena can easy fuck it even when it's 8f lol. I'm trying to find out more about "the relationship of roll and gaps"

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
* Spin
* Bat
* Roll
* Ice Clone
* Plasma Caster
* Punch walk
* LOOK AT THAT KNEE
* Flameport
* Hellsparks
* Rekkas

I think the only 2 I've diverged on from what most people say is Mileena's roll and Scorpion's flameport. So I'll back up those:

Roll
I think people forget how good Mileena's roll is because her lack of good short range pokes means she's forced to rely on it. You see Mileena's using it too much because they don't have an option to be most other pokes, and immediately think it's "bad" because it's getting blocked and punished. But when you look at the move just as the move, and it's insanely godlike. Low profiles, fast startup, combo starting, can be EX'ed for an armor starter, anti-airs shallow jumps ins and whiff punishes like crazy. People also underestimate how good it is to have a special-move punisher. Being able to buffer in an input for those difficult punishes makes all the difference in the world.

Flameport (EX and Regular)
Scorpion's teleport is bananas in this game. It's faster, leads to a combo, dodges a ton of shit even without meter, amazing for air-to-air conversions. And oh man, the ability to cancel the hit leads to so many shenanigans. People are quick to dismiss something as gimmicky if you can set it up in practice mode- and knowing it's coming- easily show how to deal with it, but there's a reason we see this tear so many people up in actual matches. You just can't control for chaos.
You could say Mileenas Vanish, not a lot of people really wanna give it credit, which is a shame seeing how it is one of the best moves in the game

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ex flip kick
Ex spin
Ex wreckers
Ex kunai
Ex clone
Ex punch walk
Ex rune
Ex shatter (tremor)
Ex invisibility
Ex knives (Kano)