Votes: 35 9.0%
  • Goro

Votes: 16 4.1%
  • Tanya

Votes: 263 67.4%
  • Tremor

Votes: 126 32.3%

• Total voters
Probably the saddest thing about the continual patch cycle is how far he fell. He's like super mid now (still can be a dangerous character in the right hands which is a testament to the game's balance and design) and it kind of sucks because he was a very scary character at one point. Maybe a 6 frame mid was too much, but a minus 40 or whatever it is normal on block is just wrong. For the "option selects are bad" crowd, he might've needed it. Oh well, I play Jax, and like other actually good characters, get fukd thunder god
this. im in struggle town at the moment - my main is (was?) raiden and im trying to decide on a new main. it sucks

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Not in order my top 10.
Pred
Lao
Jax
Sonya
Erron
Liu Kang
Dvorah
Cassie
Quan
Tanya

Very Close but too honest:
Shinnok
Raiden
Kung Jin

Most recent patch sleepers:
Takeda
Reptile
Jacqui
Ferra/tor

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I just came in here to say people that think Tanya's pressure isn't meter reliant need to get with the new patch.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Buff raiden
Agreed. He needs something to compensate for the removal of OS and F1 being High. His normal game suffered a lot after those two nerfs, he now struggles to open up the opponent and get that all important first hit. With that said though, the latest patch and hotfix changed the game a TON, so we need some time to digest those changes and let the game evolve.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
1. Kobu Tanya
2. HQT/Hunter Predator
3. Summoner Quan Chi
4. Wrestler/Pumped Up Jax
5. Tempest Kung Lao
6. Deceptive Reptile
7. Spec Ops Cassie Cage
8. Dragon Fire/Flame Fist Liu Kang
9. D'Vorah
10. Sun God Kotal Kahn

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Tanya

All tele cancel strings are less plus than they were. Poking out is much easier. Ex tonfa toss is best pressure tool and that requires meter. If your scared of armor, that also requires meter. Saying her pressure isn't meter reliant is silly.

Ex tonfa toss against most of the cast can be armored or poked after it comes back. Quan struggles here since his armor is bad but a 6 frame d1 will help.

She doesn't hit confirm all strings into 39%. That only happens if I hit you with the first hit of a string and if I haven't spent all my meter trying to open you up since I don't have 50/50s.

Staring quans pressure is super easy and it's like a train going down hill. Momentum, kinetic energy, Gravity, 9.8 mps^2, all that physics shit that represents speed.

Tanya is no different than any other character. After a string she is negative unless she spends meter. After that it's your turn. Tanya is good because of rekka but that has a multitude of holes too. You don't know if I'll use rekka or not and the fear of the next hit causes people to freeze. If people practice pnishing rekka in various stages of delay it will go a long way towards the MU. Also test your character vs ex tonfa toss into b1, f2 and 112. Look for holes to armor and poke. Some characters can duck the second ex tonfa completely and punish.
She does have 50/50s though. She has b1 2+4, or b31. Also b1d2 which I believe is a hard knockdown. Yes her tele cancels are less plus but they are still plus and the meter she builds off her pressure gives her almost constant pressure.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
My top 10 doesn't include Sonya and Kitana.
The B14 and xray nerf hit demolition and SF very hard. CO is always her worst variation. And I'm a Kitana downplayer

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
She does have 50/50s though. She has b1 2+4, or b31. Also b1d2 which I believe is a hard knockdown. Yes her tele cancels are less plus but they are still plus and the meter she builds off her pressure gives her almost constant pressure.
It's not a 50/50. The b1 overhead is on the second hit of the string. If you block ALWAYS in this sequence every time she starts a new string you will NEVER get caught with the low or the overhead.

Low high low
B3
B1
B1d2

Everything else is mid

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
My top 10 doesn't include Sonya and Kitana.
The B14 and xray nerf hit demolition and SF very hard. CO is always her worst variation. And I'm a Kitana downplayer
She can still reload safely in the corner with three grenades. The only time she can't reload safely and has to take risks in the corner is when she has none. Her Xray had no damage scaling, so it was fair and she can still get 68% with three grenades. The SF drone is fast and safe in most instances, I never really used B14 as an ender in any of my corner combos in this variation and never had any problem with it. Sorry if I'm gonna defend my character when I see someone spreading misinformation. lol

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
She can still reload safely in the corner with three grenades. The only time she can't reload safely and has to take risks in the corner is when she has none. Her Xray had no damage scaling, so it was fair and she can still get 68% with three grenades. The SF drone is fast and safe in most instances, I never really used B14 as an ender in any of my corner combos in this variation and never had any problem with it. Sorry if I'm gonna defend my character when I see someone spreading misinformation. lol
I know her safe reload, but she loses some damage because of the nerf. I have never considered her in top 10 anyway so it's just my opinion. Again I'm downplaying my main

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
I know her safe reload, but she loses some damage because of the nerf. I have never considered her in top 10 anyway so it's just my opinion. Again I'm downplaying my main
Well yeah, that's true. People are still trying to find more damaging combos in the corner though. The goal is to find one that is safe against Reptile's EX slide with and without tech roll.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
The only thing separating Quan and Tanya is combo damage, pressure, armor and zoning. Quan wins combo damage, pressure and zoning. Tanya has armor.

Let's talk about pressure. Tanya has ZERO 50/50s that are safe and that lead to combo besides ex spiral kick (-1000) . Quan has safe 50/50 launchers for days. Her pressure is no where near as deadly as quans.
50/50s are not the only kind of pressure...

JDM

Noob
Tanya

All tele cancel strings are less plus than they were. Poking out is much easier. Ex tonfa toss is best pressure tool and that requires meter. If your scared of armor, that also requires meter. Saying her pressure isn't meter reliant is silly.

Ex tonfa toss against most of the cast can be armored or poked after it comes back. Quan struggles here since his armor is bad but a 6 frame d1 will help.

She doesn't hit confirm all strings into 39%. That only happens if I hit you with the first hit of a string and if I haven't spent all my meter trying to open you up since I don't have 50/50s.

Staring quans pressure is super easy and it's like a train going down hill. Momentum, kinetic energy, Gravity, 9.8 mps^2, all that physics shit that represents speed.

Tanya is no different than any other character. After a string she is negative unless she spends meter. After that it's your turn. Tanya is good because of rekka but that has a multitude of holes too. You don't know if I'll use rekka or not and the fear of the next hit causes people to freeze. If people practice pnishing rekka in various stages of delay it will go a long way towards the MU. Also test your character vs ex tonfa toss into b1, f2 and 112. Look for holes to armor and poke. Some characters can duck the second ex tonfa completely and punish.
ok I will take her into training mode and learn, thanks. I got beat by a tanya last tournament when I was using Quan. Is the matchup still in her favor even with his 6f d1?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So many other characters received buffs when they weren't very far from the top imo.

Raiden is a fair character without the OS... b/c his 50/50s are now unsafe and can be punished for a bad read. That's how they should be.
How they all should be.

Crazy how they can design characters like Raiden, Liu, Kenjutsu and so on with fair 50/50's but have others with no real drawbacks.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Devorah
Quan Chi
Kung Lao
Predator
Takeda*
Shinnok
Cassie Cage (Hollywood is still dumb)
Erron Black
Tremor
Reptile

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
It's not a 50/50. The b1 overhead is on the second hit of the string. If you block ALWAYS in this sequence every time she starts a new string you will NEVER get caught with the low or the overhead.

Low high low
B3
B1
B1d2

Everything else is mid
It's not that easy though, on paper maybe but she can stagger her strings as well. They're great options. I'm not saying it's unblockable I'm just saying it's good mixups in her already safe pressure game. This is why I think she's #1