What's new

Tom Brady on accommodating a tournament rule standard for Injustice: Gods Among Us

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
On a side note, was it ever under discussion to simply play tournaments without interactables, sure it would nullify a big selling point of the game, but will it improve quality of play?
No it doesn't improve gmeplay, it actually remover a great chunk of the depth of the game.

Almost all interactables aren't remotely random, they aren't unseeable, and they add extra elements to the game.

Counter-picking stage is just as legitimate as counter-picking character. Why is it so difficult for people to come to terms with this? You'll still have to win a match on a stage not of your choosing (assuming first stage is random 50/50 (ie. player 2 selects a stage and player 1 selects the other map section from that stage [in cases where 3 maps are available, the next map in line must be chosen i.e. rooftop then museum; museum then street; street then rooftop])

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The problem is with this game... there is no TRUE random stage select... you see the stage that is "randomly selected" by the game at the character select screen! This doesn't happen in Tekken, SC, or VF.

For random to truly work, then WE NEED A RANDOM STAGE SELECTION like this:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The problem is with this game... there is no TRUE random stage select... you see the stage that is "randomly selected" by the game at the character select screen! This doesn't happen in Tekken, SC, or VF.

For random to truly work, then WE NEED A RANDOM STAGE SELECTION like this:
Player 2 presses X.

Done.

No it doesn't improve gmeplay, it actually remover a great chunk of the depth of the game.

Almost all interactables aren't remotely random, they aren't unseeable, and they add extra elements to the game.

Counter-picking stage is just as legitimate as counter-picking character. Why is it so difficult for people to come to terms with this? You'll still have to win a match on a stage not of your choosing (assuming first stage is random 50/50 (ie. player 2 selects a stage and player 1 selects the other map section from that stage [in cases where 3 maps are available, the next map in line must be chosen i.e. rooftop then museum; museum then street; street then rooftop])
So this game is supposed to be stage based, not character based?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
But then you have characters like Batman who can avoid every tracking explosion interactable in the game, on stages like watchtower where he can throw them, vs characters like Bane who is a power character with no mobility.

What you said is out of frustration, and I feel you, but it's not always true.
whats so special about batman that can make him avoid tracking projectiles, double jump?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I still say both players have to pick Bane to see who is the manliest between them, wherein the stage is irrelevant and only through sheer machismo can they hope to advance.

The winner is awarded with the spine of his opponent, and the lamentation of their housewench whom will supply him a tray housing a bowl of standard breakfast nails, without milk.

The loser is thrown into an active volcano tied to a bull shark lined with tons of explosives using hand-bent iron bars, as is customary for anyone man enough to play the character.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
a REALLY simple solution:
1- Have a pot that has the names of all the areas of all the stages.
2- Pick a paper from the pot.
3- Choose that area.
4- ??
5- Profit.

Why is this so hard? The community wants 3/5 matches for tournaments. SO:

- 1st match is random or players agree to 50/50
- 2nd match, loser picks stage or changes character and stage is 50/50
- 3rd match, loser picks stage or changes character and stage is 50/50
- IF 4th match, loser picks stage or changes character and stage is 50/50
- IF 5th match, loser picks stage or changes character and stage is 50/50

This game was designed with 50/50 stage selection BUILT IN. And if we go 3/5 for tournaments, you get WAY more chances to pick stages that MIGHT benefit you.

How is this so hard?

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
do what AE players do and pick Batcave (the equivalent of Training Stage in AE, sort of lol)

Batcave is about as neutral as you can get without turning interactables off..

and Im partially kidding...

TBH only players who travel and are going to spend money offline should have a vote though since there time and money are being affected... #justsayin

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
How? If you are talking about it only picking the first parts of the stage, that is how it is in all the other stage heavy FGs
Considering that only a portion of the random stage aspect even works for player 2 is a problem.

THTB

I dont get it. Has someone tested it and found that certain stages are not picked at all?
Different sections of the stage might as well be different stages altogether. P2 random only picking the first area of a stage is an issue when P1 random does pick different areas.

Tom has tested it, I've noticed I don't get other areas, but I thought that was just random chance.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Different sections of the stage might as well be different stages altogether. P2 random only picking the first area of a stage is an issue when P1 random does pick different areas.

Tom has tested it, I've noticed I don't get other areas, but I thought that was just random chance.
This really is not an issue. In SCV if you want to go to a certain part of a stage, you have to get a ring-out. In tekken if you want to get to a certain part of the stage, you have to get a floor/wall break.

All picking the first part of a stage means is that the meta becomes deeper with stage transitions. Now people just pick the part of the stage and no one uses transitions. With P2 random you have to either decide to keep your corner pressure, or get to a more favorable part of the stage.

I also would not mind p1 Random, I really dont care if you pick your character based on the stage.

THTB

This really is not an issue. In SCV if you want to go to a certain part of a stage, you have to get a ring-out. In tekken if you want to get to a certain part of the stage, you have to get a floor/wall break.

All picking the first part of a stage means is that the meta becomes deeper with stage transitions. Now people just pick the part of the stage and no one uses transitions. With P2 random you have to either decide to keep your corner pressure, or get to a more favorable part of the stage.

I also would not mind p1 Random, I really dont care if you pick your character based on the stage.
HOWEVER, there is no way to pick a different area on those two games outside of training mode settings. Injustice is different from those two in that aspect.