What's new

Tom Brady Asks, "Can we please hit the reset button?"

DeathTouch

Iceman
As a community, we have gone about as far away from the game as I care to see. We have become a place where trolling and complaining about characters is the thing to do.

The Kabal complaining is ridiculous, I have made my peace with the nerfs/buffs/patches, its time everyone does. Its Kabal, we know what he is, get over it and lay. REO plays Kabal because he plays to win. Even witout Kabal he has never placed below top 3 at a major. Yes, we know Kabal is fucked up, but REO was fucked up long before Kabal. KevoDaMaN plays Kabal and just won a major, more Kabal complaining followed. At events and on streams I hear more complaining about Kabal then anything. CD jr may start playing Kabal.. SO WHAT? He has obviously proved he can win with JAX, who while still a solid character, isn't the best, He wins because he is good. If he feels that the game is moving in a direction where Kabal in his stable gives him a good chance to win, so be it.

YES.. I know that in the last 2 weeks there have been 5 tournaments all won by Kabal. SO FUCKING WHAT? Complaining about it will do what? Absolutely nothing but bring the community down.

It goes beyond Kabal, people cry about Kenshi when Pig Of The Hut uses him as well as Blackula . It goes beyond that.. people cry about sonya, cage, etc etc etc...

CURBOLICOUS, A F0xy Grampa, Death, REO, CDjr, DetroitBalln, Kevo, Pig, etc. win because of who they are not who they use.

the trolling of top players and players who contribute is also ridiculous. Its like the top players troll just so they can blend in, as if its the only way they can post. Kind of an "if you can beat em', join em'" mentality.

I feel like the trolls and complainers have really done a number on this community and the members who actually contribute.
Amen Tom.
Bunch of crybabies and trools is just like this site looks like being for teenagers or is this community also matured grownups or what.
I would like to see strategies, how to overcome this and that without all this negative talk about certain characters in this game.
JUST LEVEL UP People !!!

PLEASE.. lets hit the reset button and just play the game. No trolling, and no more crying over spilt milk(nerfs/buffs/patches).

I ask the mods and admins to please consider giving TYM a big cleaning. threads/posts about character, nerfs/buffs, trolling for no reason but to derail topics, etc.. should be cleaned/removed and in the future this kind of BS should not be tolerated.

Lets get back to why we came here, to talk about and play Mortal Kombat.
Amen to this post Brady

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Half of the fun from playing this game is learning to overcome your match-up's. The amount of glee that I feel every time that I beat a Kabal as a Sub Zero player makes it all worth it.

Just suck it up, play, and stick with it. I promise you that you will see the rewards in the end.

In all honesty this should be front paged. If the trolling and crying doesn't stop soon I will stop using this site. It is sad how stupid/lame people sound on this site. Unbelievable
Absolutely. If people making troll threads, being jerks, gets front paged then this should.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
So...who, specifically, is this directed towards? is it that there are just a bunch of people who are acting as "cancers" to the community? or is there a certain member/particular group of few individuals that are the cause of this? probably a stupid question, but from reading all the posts in this thread i just got the feeling that some muthafuckas know exactly who they are talking about but arent dropping names. if its that important, and they truly are ruining the community, put them on blast!

also, I been drinking today so i may--OR MAY NOT--kn0w what the fuck everybody talking about here

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Im going to stop trolling TODAY!

(scrub quote me cuz thats unrealistic)
Trolls r like farts, some are funny and some make you leave the room. they wont leave cuz they are important
Maybe, but if you ripped one on purpose in an elevator I would hope that anyone else riding with you would punch you in the face. Better yet, if you were known to rip one everytime you get on the bus, that the bus driver would just not let you on anymore.

I can't believe there is even an attempt defending this nonsense.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
The fuck up. It's pretty much reserved for WNBA (read: phase 3) because they're actually good at it. I like you, but man your trolling posts are really off the mark sometimes....
Thank you.

Again, there is a huge difference between trolling and being an asshole. Don't stop trolling, it's supposed to be harmless and funny. Wearing Krispie Kream hats with Kevo during winners finals of an EVO major is trolling. Being an ass is when you use trolling as an option select to get out of something you said that didn't go over well.

It's not just TYM that needs to have a whole change of philosophy, but the offline tournament scene as well. Tom Brady you're a huge problem in this area. Outside of the MLG arena, your stream commentary has not been feeding off the stream chat, but instead taking away from any match at hand and instigating any and all "troll" problems in the community. In fact, it's just strait insulting to the two players who are on stream to have the commentator be ranting to a select few in stream chat. A long time ago I was rewatching a match of mine in which you were on the mic, I can't even say commentating; you never once said anything about the whole match. It was insulting. At UFGT you were borderline insulting some of the players on stream; calling their gameplay bad and other stuck up remarks to even top level players like Pig. If you want the forum community to change (which I agree, it should) - then you need to change your attitude as well.

This isn't me trolling Brady - this is not me being an asshole - this is me being honest.

Reactions: Tzu

PeeJaeys

Sabi
Ooooo everyone forgot. It's just a flipping game. Get a life, find a girl/man. And enjoy life. Isn't the whole point of MK9 to have fun, to meet new people, and to build friendships with people who have the same hobby as you? The community that I once thought to be the friendliest, and most humble. Is now turning into complete and utter shit. I remember going to VSM, sucking like hell and then being told exactly what to do to counter the specific character that my opponent was playing! We didn't care whether the character was OP. All we cared about was having fun and learning. Miss those days.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Before we decide to quit asking for buffs, I have one last reasonable request. Please bring this back.

Thank you.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Half of the fun from playing this game is learning to overcome your match-up's. The amount of glee that I feel every time that I beat a Kabal as a Sub Zero player makes it all worth it.

Just suck it up, play, and stick with it. I promise you that you will see the rewards in the end.
heh heh... you said, "glee".

BellaBelle00

Castrator
I only joined this site because I liked some of the tourneys I saw featuring REO (when he WASN'T running his damn mouth about Kabal 24/7/365), Pig of The Hut, Mr. Mileena, and a few others. And word was, this was the site to go to for the best info tricks/trades of the game.

People complain all the time because... hell, it's MK. This game is fucking annoying, but I like playing it. Over time, the idiocy and "douchebaggery" made it not worth my time. Nevertheless, I still play. All of this nonsense on TYM is solely caused by kids and ADULTS who act like children because chances are they don't even know the idiot trying to get a rise out of them is a 13-16 yr old sneaking on the computer to make up for lack of a social life. What is the point of having these ridiculous threads pointing out the problems if there are moderators and whatnot for the site. Tighten the damn rules and quit responding to this crap.

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
Speaking for average players who don't attend any tournaments an are all around pretty scubby, how can we help? Ending the trolling will stop the forums from turning to shit, but without contributions it won't get better very fast. Us average players don't have the skill or MU experience to find game changing or character specific tech. What do you think that average players contribute to this community besides just stop trolling? inb4 level up

Man Tom I totally agree. I log in and front page I see 3 Kabal nerf threads, 2 reo troll threads, a couple passive aggressive threads calling top players out, 145 tier list bitch fests...sigh. bro, I just want a sweet new reptile set up. Everyone needs to chill the Fuck out.

Moderators need to stop fanning the flames by front paging bull shit too.

SwiftTomHanks you are 100% correct about Trolling being the option select of running your mouth.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Pig Of The Hut, Lets restart man, Its Mikemetroid, not Milkmetroid ;)

Ill be sure not to call you Milk Of The Hut.
Moo.

No amount of dislike for Kabal's crispy ass will ever get me to drop this game.
I ain't happy about it, but I'm not running away from the problem, either.
As long as, in the end, people keep playing the shit out of this game and the community keeps growing/staying strong, I'll be a happy guy.
The MK Peoples & staying supportive > Kabal.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Speaking for average players who don't attend any tournaments an are all around pretty scubby, how can we help? Ending the trolling will stop the forums from turning to shit, but without contributions it won't get better very fast. Us average players don't have the skill or MU experience to find game changing or character specific tech. What do you think that average players contribute to this community besides just stop trolling? inb4 level up
You have brought meter building data to almost every character so far. You have done more than 99% of the community.

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
You have brought meter building data to almost every character so far. You have done more than 99% of the community.
Every character, sir. But that's besides the point what about those with skill like mine, what are they supposed to do?

Dark_Rob

Noob
What is the point of having these ridiculous threads pointing out the problems if there are moderators and whatnot for the site. Tighten the damn rules and quit responding to this crap.
The moderators alone do not have the ability to fully control everywhere on the forum at all times. We have lives to and cannot be on the site 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We do the best we can but the members outnumber the staff by a huge ratio, and when the community decides to go on a community wide trolling spree we simply cannot keep up. And 99% of the people who are now pleading with us to clamp down on this forum and eliminate all the trolling will be the first to scream that we are tyrants and nazis the moment we do so, or when it is they who are sanctioned.
Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it to. It is the entire communities responsibility to shape itself up, not just the staff. As I said we do the best we can, but the community itself will always determine its own fate. We are not your parents and you are not children. Grow up and take accountability for yourselves. If the community wants to be known as a joke there is little the staff can do by itself to stop that perception. If the community wants to get its act together that is up to the whole community to make happen.
The site will be what you guys make it. So choose to make it good and it will be good.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Every character, sir. But that's besides the point what about those with skill like mine, what are they supposed to do?
Learn, level up. Maybe give their input and try to contribute. If they are wrong, a top player will tell them they are wrong and explain to them why. That person will then level up, and one day they will get to the point where they can find tech and post info of their own.

As long as you are not trolling, crying, or flamebaiting then you are not part of the problem.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The moderators alone do not have the ability to fully control everywhere on the forum at all times. We have lives to and cannot be on the site 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We do the best we can but the members outnumber the staff by a huge ratio, and when the community decides to go on a community wide trolling spree we simply cannot keep up. And 99% of the people who are now pleading with us to clamp down on this forum and eliminate all the trolling will be the first to scream that we are tyrants and nazis the moment we do so, or when it is they who are sanctioned.
Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it to. It is the entire communities responsibility to shape itself up, not just the staff. As I said we do the best we can, but the community itself will always determine its own fate. We are not your parents and you are not children. Grow up and take accountability for yourselves. If the community wants to be known as a joke there is little the staff can do by itself to stop that perception. If the community wants to get its act together that is up the whole community to make happen.
The site will be what you guys make it. So choose to make it good and it will be good.
Can we stick this?!?!