What's new

Throw Techs...C'mon Man...

Decay

King of the Bill
One of the few things I miss about injustice. Having the reaction and teching a throw. Many times I react to the throw but still can't do anything about it since I was blocking and you can't tech a throw if you're blocking haha It's insane

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Is teching a throw a 50/50 now too?

1 or 2 for forward throw.... 3 or 4 for back throw?

Is this how it works? Damn NRS went crazy with the 50/50s

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Is teching a throw a 50/50 now too?

1 or 2 for forward throw.... 3 or 4 for back throw?

Is this how it works? Damn NRS went crazy with the 50/50s
It was the same way in MK9. 2 4 for Forward, 1 3 for Backward

E

Eldriken

I thought someone made a thread the other day stating you don't have to guess and all you have to do is press 1 to tech any direction. Did that get proven otherwise?

Decay

King of the Bill
You have to guess on a throw tech.

And no, it shouldn't be easy to break throws. Throws should be strong.
I agree throws should be strong but there are other ways of doing so. SF makes good use of throws and those are techable. Also, is it true you can't punish with a throw in MKX?

E

Eldriken

I agree throws should be strong but there are other ways of doing so. SF makes good use of throws and those are techable. Also, is it true you can't punish with a throw in MKX?
Punish what with a throw?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
You have to guess on a throw tech.

And no, it shouldn't be easy to break throws. Throws should be strong.
I agree that throws should be strong as they are an integral part of games, I just feel they are a tad too strong right now. It makes it impossible to deal with some characters, making you be afraid of even blocking which shpuldn't be something that is discouraged.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I haven't tested it but I heard if you try to punish something that's super negative on block with a throw, the opponent can still tech it if they mash 1 or 2.
damn so you can break throws while in the recovery of moves whaaaaaaat?! i dont thats a bad thing since you have to guess 1 or 2, a lot of games where there are different types of throw breakes have this, however they are usually have big enough tech windows that a baby can tech on reaction

Crathen

Death is my business
I haven't tested it but I heard if you try to punish something that's super negative on block with a throw, the opponent can still tech it if they mash 1 or 2.
Nope , there's also a sound cue that means that throw was a punish.

But i kind of agree w throws being very strong , if throws could be teched while blocking ( but still having to choose left or right ) it wouldn't be that bad of a choice

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Throws need to be more threatening than they are in SF. In SF you don't have overheads and low mix ups that lead to 35%+ damage. For throws to be worth something you need a reason to use them over an overhead or low mixup

shano

Noob
damn so you can break throws while in the recovery of moves whaaaaaaat?! i dont thats a bad thing since you have to guess 1 or 2, a lot of games where there are different types of throw breakes have this, however they are usually have big enough tech windows that a baby can tech on reaction
It's like this in KOFXIII as well.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
If you get thrown by a character with strong offense you should be glad you got thrown instead of guessing wrong on a 50/50. If you are fighting a character without strong offense then throw is probably what they need.
i agree with that for this game. doesn't seem like characters have as strong setups after a throw as they do in others, at least not yet