What's new

Thoughts about the Round System in Injustice

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
There are some threads about the round system already but there is a specific thing about it that i want to discuss. On the surface it seems like if the game is close and one person, barely wins "round 1" and depletes the other persons health first, they still only have a small advantage in health, depending on how much health they still have. Actually, however, this is not true, wining round 1 gives you a huge advantage, no matter what. Here is why. Say there is a character like scorpion in mk9 with a high risk high reward 50 50, and he depletes his opponents health bar when he himself has 1 percent health left. If he can manage to set up his 50 50 without being hit, he has a huge advantage over his opponent, since he has the potential to take a full combo (and if it was literally scorpion, reset the situation) while if he guesses wrong he just loses his little bit of health and gets a form of a free breaker, going relatively unpunished. This is what makes this round system interesting in my opinion and makes having a health lead way more important than normal. I am really excited for the kinds of mindgames that this will create, and cannot wait to see what characters benefit from this more than others. It could, in theory, make high risk high reward more vaible than it was in the relatively safe meta game of mk9. Thoughts?

LEGEND

YES!
I love everything about this system

Round 2 meter management is really cool, trying to balance meter for clash so you can regain life or vie versa

Going for free mix-ups on silver chip is Nice. Feels kinda like doing something risky in MK9 because you know you have a breaker

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I love everything about this system

Round 2 meter management is really cool, trying to balance meter for clash so you can regain life or vie versa

Going for free mix-ups on silver chip is Nice. Feels kinda like doing something risky in MK9 because you know you have a breaker
Exactly, it is similar to mk9 but has a unique twist to it in that it is basically for free, all you have to do is win round 1 and you have a free breaker. Is that as good as having round2 in mk to build meter? We will find out.

Shindej7

ShinDej wins!
I'M just confused as to why there's no timer :/ are they scared that they will be many time outs like sf x t

Shindej7

ShinDej wins!
true but it does seem like they're hiding how long the matches take with the stages transitions and clash system

So why couldnt this just be posted in fractured shadow's thread about 4 threads down? It seems like the same thing... Karried, consider merging? I could be wrong, but it seems to be discussing the same thing. Yes it's the Killer Instinct round system, yes, that means taking their healthbar first means you're at an advantage in the way you mentioned, but it's not like you're at frame advantage and you really shouldnt just think of your remaining health on the first healthbar as "oh well, cheap breaker, yolo," that's not strategic.