What's new

This community does not want a balanced fighting game.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
This community does not want a balanced fighting game. By the word balanced, I do not mean character effectiveness and tier lists. I am talking about character diversity and variety. In other words, this community does not want a fighting game that provides various types of gameplay styles (i.e., zoning, footsies, defense, etc.) except rush down and 50/50 mix ups. That is why a character like Deathstroke has been toned down severely while characters like Batgirl, Killer Frost, and The Flash receive minor to no changes, or even some buffs. I did not create this thread to talk about Deathstroke and low gunshots, though. I want to address the blatant hypocrisy that exists in this community.

I am reading how some players perceive Injustice to be "boring", "slow", and "easy to spam". These words are coming from some of the same players who thought that pre-patch Scorpion was an acceptable and balanced character who was fun to use. I assume the game is boring to these players unless they have access to a teleport that is advantage on block and leaves the screen in seven frames, so that they can approach their opponents at any time with very few consequences. When these players tell you that Injustice is not a thinking man's fighting game, they are lying to you.

Furthermore, these players also praise Mortal Kombat 9 as though Johnny Cage, Kenshi, and Sonya had gameplay that was appealing to the eye.

My points are these:

1. Support all types of gameplay styles. Fighting games are better with lots of diversity and variety.
2. Support Injustice. This game is very good. It is also better than MK. NRS has fixed almost all glitches that were in MK. And speaking of NRS...
3. Support NRS, so that we get a great Mortal Kombat 10.

REO

Undead
ya lets all praise kabal kombat 9 where the game was dominated by the luzylist of things

also dont get me started on the random adv bugs, meter drain glitches, shit balance, and etc.

also my fav are the hypocrites that r all like "yo support mk9 dont let it die" but they sat there and let mk2, umk3, etc. other mk games die cuz "they old & imbalanced bro"

please

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Here we go with the huge generalizations of the community as a whole.

--The same "people" who are saying the game is slow/boring and want more offense were the same "people" who thought Scorpion was balanced.---

Good stuff. Lets generalize more stuff!

My turn: "Everyone that lives in Texas is a redneck!"

This is fun!!!!

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Why does no one like zoning. I prefer my fighting games to be like chess not as if I just did cocaine and went on an all out brawl.
A majority of people these days prefer action (lots of flashy stuff) over thinking (zoning/whatever that requires patience). Especially spectators/Casual.

I don't like zoning when it's not flashy or active (bad exemple but in marvel there's a fucklot of shit going on when a char zones, with the assists and the various zoning attacks.)

I hate 50/50s that lead to another 50/50 too through.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Coming from the mind of an aspiring game designer... characters which are too similar kill the hype of any fighter. Diversity is what makes it interesting. A zoner should be good at zoning, a rushdown fighter should be good at staying close, part of the blame falls with NRS and their decisions to quickly nerf anything players are having the smallest trouble with. I can only hope they allow MK10 to naturally progress and nerf nothing but characters with absolutely broken mechanics, or characters who simply cannot be beaten (according to tournament results) because they're too powerful.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Zoning in Injustice doesnt seem anywhere as strong as it was in mk. Honestly Freddy is the ideal zoner to me, at full screen u gotta play HIS game and correctly block and progress thru his zoning, and if u messup, its back to square one with u, and this is all balanced by the fact that he cannot pressure u at all, altho he does have very good footsies due to 50/50, nightmare stance and ex sweet dreams.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Zoning in Injustice doesnt seem anywhere as strong as it was in mk. Honestly Freddy is the ideal zoner to me, at full screen u gotta play HIS game and correctly block and progress thru his zoning, and if u messup, its back to square one with u, and this is all balanced by the fact that he cannot pressure u at all, altho he does have very good footsies due to 50/50, nightmare stance and ex sweet dreams.
Ugh. Facepalm.jpg

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Coming from the mind of an aspiring game designer... characters which are too similar kill the hype of any fighter. Diversity is what makes it interesting. A zoner should be good at zoning, a rushdown fighter should be good at staying close, part of the blame falls with NRS and their decisions to quickly nerf anything players are having the smallest trouble with. I can only hope they allow MK10 to naturally progress and nerf nothing but characters with absolutely broken mechanics, or characters who simply cannot be beaten (according to tournament results) because they're too powerful.

that probably won't happen, because otherwise casuals will complain and won't buy there game, money speaks louder than words

Honestly I love zoning in fighting games when its fun to watch.

O.Sagat from ST for example.

I also love rushdown

N.Vega from ST for example.

And I love the inbetween types like N.Ryu from ST

The game still keeps a fast pace. Its very boring to watch Sinestro just df1 meter burn from across the screen and you can't do anything.

Or watch Black Adam do EVERYTHING and its 100% safe on block and then you get in he back dashed and throws an interactable at you.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Honestly I love zoning in fighting games when its fun to watch.

O.Sagat from ST for example.

I also love rushdown

N.Vega from ST for example.

And I love the inbetween types like N.Ryu from ST

The game still keeps a fast pace. Its very boring to watch Sinestro just df1 meter burn from across the screen and you can't do anything.

Or watch Black Adam do EVERYTHING and its 100% safe on block and then you get in he back dashed and throws an interactable at you.
Lol

None of your characters lose to sinestro

If sinestro prohibits u from doing anything there's bigger problems

That character sucks